Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejhoppa
mushy musician

candy flip at concert (large group experience)
    #8867606 - 09/02/08 06:37 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

so ratatat played in our town last week, so of course, we had to have a big drug party.  i will say this first: this was one of my all-time most intense drug experiences (top three), as well as being the largest private gathering of people on psychedelics that i've ever helped to assemble.
essentially, most of our close friends as well as some friends of friends were coming to this show (both from in town and out of town).  all told, there were at least 16 of us, with varying drug plans for the night.  here's the breakdown on what we all took
-almost all took at least one x pill (red and green buddhas).  most took two.
-four of us took two hits of acid (WoW) in addition to our two pills
-three people took mushrooms (4g, 4g, 2g) and no x (they didn't get tickets to the show, stayed home)
it's also worth noting that it was the 2g shroomer's first time, as well as 3 of the x-only rollers' first times.  i'm reasonably experienced with acid, x and candyflips, as was everyone else present.
this report primarily concerns the acid trippers (me, M, J, and T) and my girlfriend (C) sicne these are my closest friends of the group and the only ones whose experiences i paid a whole lot of attention to.

+0:00
so this report essentially begins at 8 pm, when the acid trippers drop two tabs each.  at this point, potency is essentially unknown.  our dealer said that one should get us going, but all dealers always say that—our standard test dose is two hits without a more trustworthy testimonial.  We're planning on heading to the show at 9:30 (walking) and arriving around 9:50.  this way, we can both time our candyflip correctly and take our x at the show, peaking for ratatat.

+0:30
first alerts.  i always try not to smoke any weed for at least a couple hours into my acid trips—i like to see where the acid will take me, then boost accordingly.  around half an hour, i began to feel high, and immediately reminded myself that i had not smoked in four hours.  this is definitely lsd.  i discuss this relatively quick onset with a roommate, M (also tripping acid).  she agrees that she feels high and confirms that she hasn't smoked in several hours.  we're both a little worried, but mostly excited that its hitting us so hard, so fast.  it is going to be an intense night.  the two of us quickly discuss our last surprisingly powerful, two-hit acid trip and how this felt similar already.

+0:45-1:00
already in the tripping headspace.  not a whole lot of visuals at this point.  it is getting a little hectic for me, what with 15 other people in the house, trying to get ready for the show.  i mostly hang around the other acid-eaters, but for awhile i head up to our porch roof (accessible via a window) to chill out and smoke a cigarette.  as i sit on the roof, i get my first visuals—birdlike shapes in the sky.  this is a pretty common visual for me, and i think it might be related to blue-field floaters.  at some point a bunch of real birds fly over head, making absolutely beautiful noise.
sometime around this point, those of the group that did not have tickets ahead of time find out that the show is sold out.  they decide to go all out with the mushrooms, taking four grams each (they also invite a first-time shroomer one of them knew from high school over; he takes two grams).

+1:30-1:50
for once, the acid kids seem more organized than the still-sober kids (though this may be because we were willing to just drop what we're doing and leave, whether we have everything or not; the sober kids gotta double-check everything).  Trying to get everyone out the door.
finally we get everyone moving toward the venue.  this is where i start to get some of my first strong visuals.  tall grass looks especially cool—the contrasting stripes it forms are, in a strange way, how acid makes me feel.  tough concept to make clear unless you're tripping, i suppose.  the venue is downtown, which gives us plenty of stuff to look at on the way.  one particularly exciting visual i got during this walk was a kind of shifting palette of colors—parts of my visual field would morph between all different colors.  i've seen psychedelic animations that do this, but never experienced it.  i am tripping very hard right now, and still coming up.  the visuals are still not spectacular, but my headspace is getting further and further and further away.
i believe that one or two of the rollers began to take their pills on the walk.
we arrive at the venue right about on schedule, meeting up with the last two members of our party (one of whom is my girlfriend).  we've all got tickets already, so we head on in.

+2:00
the venue is /packed/.  we were expecting a pbr-guzzling hipster crowd, but to our pleasant surprise, there is a significant hippie faction at this show.  who knew hippies loved ratatat?  this was very comforting as i had been getting a little anxious right before going in—getting a little clingy on C, my girlfriend, to maintain a feeling of security.  as soon as i got all the way inside the venue, i felt a little better.  dreadlocks and trippy laser toys everywhere.  at least we knew we weren't going to be the only ones tripping (and definitely not the only ones rolling—i wasn't paying attention, but my other roommate, J (also one of the acid kids for the night), said he saw a bunch of people popping pills).
as we arrive, the second of four bands is finishing up playing.  he ends with a crazy blast of electronic beeps and blips and general hysterical noise that seemed to last forever (at least a few minutes), accompanied by this ridiculous explosion animation that looked like half clip art, half nintendo graphics.  i was mesmerized.  after he finishes, i discuss with T (friend from out of town and last of the four acid kids) when we should take our rolls (taking two each).  it is decided that we'll take the first just as the second to last band starts so that we can be coming up in preparation for ratatat, then take the second at the beginning of ratatat's set.  i ask C when she wants to take her rolls, and she says she'll take them on the same timetable.

+ ~2:30-2:45
Panther (final opening band) begins to play.  during the first song, C, M, J, T and I all take our first rolls.  panther's music is kind of psychedelic dance-punk.  i tried to get into it for awhile since they do have a lot of cool sounds and effects to hear tripping, but it quickly becomes apparent to me that i hate this band.  i decide a smoke break is in order to escape the wretched noise, so i confirm my imminent whereabouts with C (she is not 21 and couldn't reenter the venue) and go out with T to smoke a cigarette.  we meet two of our rolling friends (one has popped and not yet feeling it, the other has not popped yet) smoking outside.
there are some people having their picture taken under some of the band posters outside, and i kind of have trouble with this.  first, i keep thinking i'm accidently in their shot.  then, i for some reason think they look familiar and decide maybe that they're the band (most definitely not the band). eventually we finish our cigarettes and head back inside, where panther has finished playing.

+ ~3:15
our large faction moves toward the stage and secures a fairly good (if cramped) area.  everyone is ready to fucking dance.  as we wait for what seems like eternity (i really have no concept of time by this point and didn't consult a watch the entire time we were at the venue), i consult C about whether she feels her roll yet, since, being on acid, i'm having a tough time discerning the come-up feelings.  she's only rolled once before, but she took like four over the course of a night her first time and rolled her face off, so she knows what it's like.  she says she's not feeling it yet and i point out to her the other rolling-only kids so she can see how they're doing.

+ ~3:45
ratatat takes the stage—we all go nuts.  we take our second pills pretty early in the set.  none of us were feeling them too hard (though i was fairly sure i felt /something), which leads me to believe the dosage was around 70-80 mg of MDMA per pill—we were rolling HARD by the time our second pill kicked in.
ratatat put on an incredible show.  M, T and I had seen them about a year and a half ago in denver and we all agreed that they had improved one-thousandfold.  for one, they made sure to keep everyone dancing; last time, they let their chill songs stay chill, but this time they tweaked their songs to have better, more danceable beats.  there was also a video projector behind the band projecting some of the trippiest videos i've ever seen at a show.  lots of buddhas and other religious icons, connected by thread and rainbows.  lots of cool wavy effects.  they had a lot of old, early 80s style archival film footage that had been manipulated in various ways.  one video had people's eyes and mouths turned upside down or switched with each other—this seemed mind-boggling at the time.  it was weird because the acid helped me to see the compression artifacts in the videos way better, but at the same time, they seemed to work with the picture anyway.  it also seemed that all the hands in the air in front of me were radiating some kind of electric aura and leaving little rainbow tracers.  all the members of the band had ridiculous long hair or bears or what-have-you that would kind of morph and go crazy.
not to mention the music!  oh god the music.  if you've never heard ratatat, it's a lot of crunchy guitars with really slide-y solos layered up (like 20 guitar tracks per song), along with a lot of synths and organs all put to really ass-kicking hip hop beats.  their albums keep getting trippier too—the last one is full of strange sound effects and weird synth noises.  it certainly seemed like they were catering to their drug loving audience that night because they managed to get even stranger sounds from their instruments than they do on the album.  definitely check these guys out if you haven't yet.
i did my typical candy-flipping deal where sometime i get more trippy and forget to dance and just watch the display, then all of sudden get really roll-y and start dancing and holding C (she was wearing some of the best fabric that night).  once that second roll started to kick in though, it definitely tilted the scales toward the MDMA.  i was still obviously tripping balls, but i definitely forgot to dance a lot less.
there were times during the show that i would experience tiny waves of ego loss.  i'd kind of lose myself in the crowd and get really focused on dancing.  when this happened, i'd lose track of the fact that i had even taken drugs—in fact, my mind was entirely clear.  this feeling would last for just a moment before i would think to myself "i feel almost sober."  of course, the mere act of thinking was enough to remind myself that i was most definitely not sober because the sentence "i feel almost sober" kind of came out looking like a fractal in my head.  another hard to explain phenomenon if you're not tripping, i suppose.

+ 5:00
the show sadly ends.  as soon as i walk outside and remove myself from the intense external sensory stimulation, the intense internal sensory stimulation starts and i realize two things:
1. i am just finally peaking on that second x pill.
2. i am still tripping /balls/—it is going to be a long night, acid-wise.
one kind of funny moment: as we leave the venue, we're trying to get our whole group together.  C is looking for her roommate (who is also rolling with us).  she ends up seeing her chatting with their old roommate from last year.  C is peaking on her roll right about now so she kind of freaks out and runs over to this roommate to hug her and totally overreacts (especially since they were never super close).  but no harm, no foul.
the whole big group of us start to walk through downtown on the way back to our house, all in full roll mode.  those of the group that hadn't gotten a chance to introduce themselves during the hectic pre-show period immediately do so and we all chat like old friends as we walk down the street.  several hugs get exchanged.  we stop at every outdoor drinking fountain on the sidewalk, which inevitably means that everyone starts hugging while one person gets some water, then we switch out. once we finish hugging long enough, we begin walking and talking our way to the next fountain.  C and i exchange some i love you's and tell each other how happy we are that the other got to come share this experience.  M and i talk about some friends of ours that are getting married in about two weeks and about how the groom-to-be in particular, who has struggled with anxiety in the past, seems really happy lately.  his band is up and coming, he's getting married, he's writing a new album; he's got everything on track and seems really content lately.  i found out a little later that she ended up calling the bride-to-be and sharing her feelings and congratulations.

+5:20-7:20
We arrive at our house again.  everyone is about to begin hooping, but i remind them about the shroomy kids we left alone in the house and we quickly go investigate how things have progressed.  the first evidence discovered is a lawn chair whose metal frame has been bent completely out of whack, to the point it is almost flat.  turns out of the shroomers was sitting in it for like two hours (it had already been bending) before he realized that the entire time it had been losing its shape entirely.
We enter the house and immediately one of the shroomers begins apologizing for breaking a bong. we explain that it is not a big deal and that the bong in question had already been broken once and was superglued, hence its inherent weakness.  apparently one of our pet rats also got away from them and hid in a couch for awhile before they managed to get it back in its cage.  other than that, relatively little damage.  the 2g shroomer left for a bar pretty quickly once we got back—apparently he had a little trouble letting go and didn't have a great time, not to mention that C's roommate was an ex-girlfriend of his.  the others had a great time though.  this was their highest dose of shrooms ever.  from what it sounds like, they both experienced some kind of ego loss while listening to vivaldi at the peak of their trip.
everyone else is still rolling pretty good, so we kind of go with that for awhile.  got some calm music going (broken social scene) and everyone kind of broke off into little amorphous groups to chat  or cuddle or massage.  this is one of my favorite aspects of both trips and rolls (i find it happens during both): the fluid nature of group social interactions.  everyone kind of just flows between different conversations, almost as though everyone shares a psychical connection that can be broken and engaged at will.
M and J and i get our pet rats out for a little while, but mine seems very freaked out so he goes back in his cage fairly quick.
we;ve got a room upstairs in our house whose walls we just draw and paint on whenever we feel like it (which is usually whenever we're on drugs), so we invite everyone to come up and contribute.  some oblige.  i don't have a camera and i won't bother trying to describe all the crazy shit we have on our walls, but we got some great contributions from our drugged-out friends.
also at some point, M and i remember that a couple of our very best friends in the world were at burning man that very moment.  we feed on that psychic energy a little bit before my roll gets the best of me and i call them up.  no answer, but i leave a nice message wishing them luck on their adventures.

+8:30-9:00
a lot of the rolling kids are starting to crash out (which leads me to believe that our pills were pretty clean—maybe some caffeine, but nobody was up for hours tweaking.  once we danced and walked home, it was like lay down and cuddle mode for a lot of the rollers.), so the party gets even more chill.  all the candyflippers and shroomers are still very up, along with a few of the rollers, so as the group gets smaller (down to 8 or 9 people), we start toking like crazy.  for the first time since summer started, everyone has tons of weed (our state went crazy dry all summer), so there's usually at least one joint and one pipe or bong going around for quite awhile.  everyone gets superbaked (which of course gets our acid rocking and rolling all over again).  C and I go out on the front porch to cuddle and chat with C's roommate and J, who have been on our porch couch for the last few hours.  we talk and talk (gnarly scars was a big topic for awhile—just lots of childhood stories and getting to know each other just a little bit deeper), until two things happen
-C informs me that her MDMA high is crashing and that she and her roommate are about ready to pass out for the night.
-one of our rolling buddies from out of town comes around the side of the house with a cross-joint (a la pineapple express) that he just constructed.
its right around 5 am and i agree to walk the girls home and my buddy agrees to wait to spark the c-joint.

+9:30
i arrive back at home after dropping the girls off to crash.  mostly just feeling afterglow as far as MDMA is concerned, but the acid, having been a stronger dose than we originally suspected, was still going fairly decently.  we smoke the cross-joint.  it burns a little unevenly, but overall, i'd call it a success.
around this time, J and i go over to the rat cage, just to check stuff out a little bit.  after watching for a little while, we slowly realize that there are only two rats in the cage (we have three rats).  we double and triple-check before alerting the party, since we've been known to lose rats in their cage while sober, let alone tripping.  Finally, we let M know (her rat is the one that is missing) and alert the party to take shoes off and be careful where they walk.  we carefully start looking around for the rat until someone takes the cushion off of one of our couches.  lo and behold, a terrified little rat has himself wedged in toward the back of the couch.  before anyone can grab him though, he runs scared up into the back of the couch (it's a fold-a-bed, so part of the mattress kind of folds up into the back, behind the cushions. this is of course where he goes).  we've heard horror stories about rats getting into sofa-beds and getting crushed by springs and whatnot, so we are about terrified to unfold the bed to get to the rat.  we coax him out little by little with a piece of broccoli until he nabs it from our fingers and runs even deeper inside the couch to go stash it (this is something rats do). after no rat contact for about fifteen minutes, M decides that we had better unfold the bed very carefully, since there's no other way to really access the rat's area.  we slowly let the bed out, and as the part of the mattress that folds up inside the back slides out, the rat comes out with it, looking totally terrified still.  just as the rat realizes it needs to run again if it wants to stay hidden, J makes an epic snatch and plucks the rat right out of the couch.  the rat goes back in the cage and all three get a bunch of treats for being so patient with their irresponsible humans  (luckily they held no grudges and were back to their cuddly selves after about a day).

rest of the trip:
we rode out the rest of the night smoking a shitton more weed and just having a good ol time.  some time around +12, when all the rolling kids had passed out and it was just us trippers, i go out on the roof for the second time this trip to watch the sunrise.  pretty nice.  i soon leave the house again to nap w/ C at her apartment, but i'm still experiencing pretty heavy after-effects from the acid, so i get a light restless sleep at best.

once i got back home the next morning, i spent some time discussing what an epic event it had been with my roommates.  we essentially all agreed that it was one of the best shows we had ever been too, one of the most intense psychedelic experiences any of us had ever had.  this acid was seriously strong and great, and the pills, while not the strongest, felt very clean and likely totalled out to the most MDMA any of us had ever consumed in a single night—we've only just begun experimenting with x over the last year and usually limit ourselves to one pill or about 120 mg of molly.  when you add in just how many people we had in our house and how many drugs everyone was one, i feel like we really accomplished something colossal that night.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheAxis
Run like a cantalope
Male

Loc: New Jersey
Re: candy flip at concert (large group experience) [Re: jhoppa]
    #8872633 - 09/03/08 04:44 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

sounds like a totally awesome trip!

--------------------
When you make your peace with authority, you become authority
                                    Jim Morrison

OfflineTheAxis
Run like a cantalope
Male

Loc: New Jersey
Re: candy flip at concert (large group experience) [Re: TheAxis]
    #8872638 - 09/03/08 04:45 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

great report too btw

--------------------
When you make your peace with authority, you become authority
                                    Jim Morrison

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order