Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKilla_J
Killa

Loc: over here
All American PC question
    #886638 - 09/16/02 06:50 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I have an older model AA 915. I've read a couple of places about people having a weighted steam vent that keeps the pressure constant. The steam regulator on mine is a petcock or stopcock or black cock or something. I have to constantly adjust the flame on my stove to keep the pressure constant. Is this weighted thing a new feature or is it some type of option that I can add? I don't really like having to constantly watch my PC while I'm using it; a regulator would be nice.

--------------------
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. - Frank Sinatra

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShaw

Re: All American PC question [Re: Killa_J]
    #886742 - 09/16/02 07:46 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I don't completely understand what your saying. The weights are not new technology, and are what all the presseur canner/cooker's i've seen use. Are you saying that once it hits a cirtain pressure, the valve releases all of the pressure, or too much, or what. It does release right? what pressure does it release at?

--------------------

Offlinetchyted
miestro
Loc: WA near seattle
    #886771 - 09/16/02 08:07 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

yea, there are still some pc's out there that don't have automatic regulators on them. curiously you can still obtain such new. i think this is downright dangerous, since your pressure gauge may not work that great, and what happens if you have to answer the phone or something, and then forget that you left the burner on high?

if your petcock is threaded into the lid with either a 1/4 or 1/8th inch NPT (national pipe thread) then it is likely that you will be able to simply order the part that screws into the lid and the weight/ regulator that fits on it from a leading manufacturer like presto or mirro.

otherwise i strongly advise you to adhere to the rule, "DON'T FUCK WITH YOUR PRESSURE COOKER". it will fuck you back, and may even kill you so that you don't tell.

Edited by tchyted (09/16/02 08:09 PM)

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #886897 - 09/16/02 10:18 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I have an All American pressure cooker.

I like the valve kind over the weighted ones.

After making 100's of jars I know where to dial my stove in to get the right temps.
To start out I set the stove to 3/4.....til it gets to 15 psi.
Then I turn the stove down to 1/4 and it stays at 15 psi.

Make the stove and the pressure cooker as One!

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Invisiblenight trainV
Stranger
Male

Loc: Midwest US
Re: All American PC question [Re: Roadkill]
    #887215 - 09/17/02 02:34 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

If you want some automation, get a all american 25X. They have a built in thermostat that automatically cycles the heat on and off to keep it in the right pressure range the whole time it's on. They are awesome, cuz you just turn it on and wait til it's done.

--------------------
Lil' Shop of Spores - Exotic Mushroom Spores From Around the World
Save 10% Off Any Order Use Coupon Code: SHROOMERY

InvisibleMicronMagick
old hand

#887396 - 09/17/02 05:09 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
    #887432 - 09/17/02 05:29 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

The Raccoon's foaf has 3 AA PC's. All have geared gauge, safety pop/off plug & spring / type toggle pressure relief valve on the lids.

All work perfectly & don't vent steam -- unless overheated to 20 pounds +. :shocked:

You just have to learn to adjust the temp to heat it up to 15 / 18 pounds, then adjust to maintain that constant temp.

The weighted ones your talking about -- VENT STEAM almost all the time. They loose water because of that.

The AA works with very little water & does not vent it -- unless overheated.

That is the advantage of an AA - PC.

The Raccoon uses a hot plate & timer with these AA's. Set it to heat up to 15 / 18 pounds. Then, adjust temp to maintain it - constant & the timer turns it off -- when done. Can't fail.  :laugh:

6T  :tongue:

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

OfflineKilla_J
Killa

Loc: over here
    #887735 - 09/17/02 07:53 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I found the weighted vent at Sporeworks, but I've decided to stick with the manual type. I hadn't really thought about the automatic kind letting all the steam out. Oh well, laziness never seems to pay off in this damn hobby.

--------------------
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. - Frank Sinatra

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order