Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDishez
Swamp Crawler

To eat or not to eat...
    #8862390 - 09/01/08 07:09 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Hi everyone. I found what would have been a phenomenal patch of huge gymnopilus spectabilis today. Its very exciting because, though ive found quite a few  Gymnopilus Junonius over the past couple of years, Ive only found this morph (the larger, bulkier, "stale beer" smelling gyms with bright rust orange, rather than brown rust orange spores)once before and they were inactive. I am convinced that this is a different species, that it should be considered spectabilis while the others should be considered junoninus...thats just my amateur opinion (which of course means very little).
Anyway, Heres what I need opinions on...
Most of the patch appears ok on the outside, but these are the most heavily bug infested mushrooms I've ever taken the time to look at. The outer structure (including the gills) is in tact, but the inside of each mushroom is literally like bone marrow, Im certain that they arent rotten, Most of the specimens were still alive, the gills are fresh and functional (i have them printing right now) and the smell betrays no sign of bacterial decay at all. These guys are greening more heavily than any gym Ive ever found, and it would really suck to let them go to waste. I was thinking of scraping out all the grimy eaten up insides and using the rest. Does this sound ok or should I just discard them?

Outside
http://

Inside

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineN2loma
Foaming Pipe Snake
Male User Gallery

Re: To eat or not to eat... [Re: Dishez]
    #8862931 - 09/01/08 08:47 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Hard call...

Personally I'd be tempted to chuck them if the shrooms are that bug infested. The Gyms I found the other day did have larvae, but they were few and the mushrooms were a couple days old at most (e.g. the quality of an average table-worthy Meadow Mushroom). However, it is sad to see all that mushroom go to waste, so perhaps it would be worthwhile to salvage the good flesh...

On a positive note, I doubt those are as bug-infested as some of the fly-shrouded rotten oyster mushrooms I've found :tongue:

--------------------
"So can you tell me what exactly does freedom mean/
If I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be" -Divide by Disturbed

Good Guitars Don't Cry

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Loc: Registered: 6/04/02
Re: To eat or not to eat... [Re: Dishez]
    #8864351 - 09/02/08 04:57 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Dishez said:
I was thinking of scraping out all the grimy eaten up insides and using the rest. Does this sound ok or should I just discard them?

I have done this without getting ill.  From the greenish tones I would say those are fairly active.  Just remember they are bitter as hell.

--------------------

OfflineDishez
Swamp Crawler

Re: To eat or not to eat... [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #8866268 - 09/02/08 02:39 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

yeah, the bitterness on gyms in general has brought me to puke on more than one occasion. im thinking of powdering and capping them...then again it might be best to boil them in a tea just to be on the safe side.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract