Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinestainer711
Stranger
 User Gallery

I have to take depakote and seroquel. Will mushroom trips still be fun enough?
    #8857619 - 08/31/08 08:47 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I've tried to quit taking seroquel and depakote. I can do it over the summer because of the fact that I don't need the concentration that I usually utilize during the school year. Now that school has started back up I find it hard to study or do anything that requires attention without taking my medicine. My question for you all is this: While on these drugs is it still possible to see visuals and trip after taking mushrooms? I take 300mg seroquel and 1500mg deapakote.

Edited by stainer711 (08/31/08 08:48 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnarchoTrip
Young Blood
Male User Gallery

Re: I have to take depakote and seroquel. Will mushroom trips still be fun enough? [Re: stainer711]
    #8857641 - 08/31/08 08:54 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Aren't seroquel and deapakote anti-psychotics? Do you have a family history, or have you yrself been diagnosed with a mental illness?

Obviously the surgeon general doesn't say this, but it's generally agreed: Don't take psychedelic drugs if you have a family history or have mental illness.

Otherwise, I have no idea what happens when you mix seroquel and deapakote with psilocybin; I worked with a lot of people on seroquel and deapakote and I sure as hell wouldn't want to see them on any psychedelic--but that's just them.

--------------------
YIPPIE!

Offlinemaysrome
It is a disgusting sandwich.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Alabama, USA
Re: I have to take depakote and seroquel. Will mushroom trips still be fun enough? [Re: AnarchoTrip]
    #8857681 - 08/31/08 09:05 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

that sounds like a rather tough and hard to deal with situation. should i assume that you have not done shrooms while the two are in your system previously?

--------------------
Es muss sein?!

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: I have to take depakote and seroquel. Will mushroom trips still be fun enough? [Re: stainer711]
    #8858597 - 09/01/08 12:47 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

stainer711 said:Now that school has started back up I find it hard to study or do anything that requires attention without taking my medicine. My question for you all is this: While on these drugs is it still possible to see visuals and trip after taking mushrooms?

Seroquel is known to kill psychedelic visuals.  IMO, lay off the shrooms and/or weed until you're able to concentrate fully for your academic studies.  Getting good grades and learning valuable information is far more important than simply tripping balls.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Offlineseevoid
Stranger
Re: I have to take depakote and seroquel. Will mushroom trips still be fun enough? [Re: deCypher]
    #8858725 - 09/01/08 01:32 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

antipsychotics are known to affect dopamine in the brain, now i know they affect glutumate, these are fundamental brain chems

i assume they also affect serotonin, so you may not be able to handle tripping when the trip substance and your medecine both profoundly alter the brain,

you should read about complications,

Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Loc: Spahn Ranch
    #8858846 - 09/01/08 02:27 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I highly recommend avoiding the Depakote unless for some reason you absolutely HAVE to take it, like you're being forced by the law or something.  Even then, you should try to work around it.  It is horrible, horrible stuff.  Poison really.

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: I have to take depakote and seroquel. Will mushroom trips still be fun enough? [Re: it stars saddam]
    #8859144 - 09/01/08 06:15 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Seroquel is a 5-HT2a antagonist. It will kill your trip dead. Especially at such a high dose.

--------------------

OfflineAnarchoTrip
Young Blood
Male User Gallery

Re: I have to take depakote and seroquel. Will mushroom trips still be fun enough? [Re: LSDreamer]
    #8859244 - 09/01/08 07:40 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Depakote is the devil in medicine form. I hate watching my clients after they've taken it--fucked up medicine.

--------------------
YIPPIE!

OfflineShroomerSharp
Bow to no one
Male

Re: I have to take depakote and seroquel. Will mushroom trips still be fun enough? [Re: AnarchoTrip]
    #8859291 - 09/01/08 08:06 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

i used to take both of those but after i found out that depacrack mixed with seroquel has the chance to make a 20 somethin person have a heartattack i told my doc and therapist to get fucked that shit will hurt u more than help u man. but yeah they wll definatly take the worth while experience outta trippin. i would suggest doin alot of research on those 2 before takin them anymore and possibly suggest to your doc to try and find somethin safer to help u concentrate.

InvisibleMoo456
Pied_Piper

#8859344 - 09/01/08 08:35 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Yes. Seroquel does kill trips. Thats the only reason I keep the stuff.

After a long journey on 2C-E, I decided to take one so I could sleep. I still had visuals, but they turned two dimensional and diverging as if hitting a road block. It did stop the mental effects of the trip though.

Seroquel is an antagonist to the dopamine and serotonin receptors. Specifically the D1 and D2 dopamine receptor, the alpha-1 and alpha-2 adrenergic receptor, and 5-HT1A and 5-HT2 serotonin receptors.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seroquel

And then you can compare that data to this chart. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-ht_receptor and also this LSD chart (LSD effects a wider variety of receptors than most psychedelics) http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/20/LSDaffinities.GIF

It definitely blocks most of the effects.

Offlinestainer711
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: I have to take depakote and seroquel. Will mushroom trips still be fun enough? [Re: Moo456]
    #8859792 - 09/01/08 10:57 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Would obstaining from both for a few days be enough to fully enjoy a trip? Or does it take weeks for the effects of each to completely disappear? I know that I'll be alright obstaining from both for a week or more. I've only been taking about 150mg of seroquel and 500mg of depakote for the last month. I think that if I stop for a few days I might be able to enjoy a good trip. I'm not even certain if the drugs help me concentrate. My doctor tells me that they do, but I have no way of knowing. He thinks i'm taking 300mg/1,500mg, but i cut back more than half as i've stated before. I know that depakote stays in the body for a very long time, but from what I gather here depakote doesn't have as great of an effect on a trip as seroquel.

Edited by stainer711 (09/01/08 11:12 AM)

InvisibleMoo456
Pied_Piper

#8859974 - 09/01/08 11:35 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Damn thats a high dose of seroquel. It has a half life of only 6 hours so a couple of days without it should be fine. I have no idea what the half life of depakote is, but it shouldnt have much of an impact on the trip anyway especially if you stopped for a couple of days.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract