Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOZZ
K.I.S.S.
 User Gallery

Salvia, what do you think happened??
    #8856070 - 08/31/08 01:31 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

At another site I was inquiring about cacti and its effects compared to mushrooms as I have never played with M. During the conversation I mentioned my one and only experience Salvia. Ild appreciate it if you guys would give me some opinions on what you think I did wrong or could have done differently, or what the fuck happened in general ... lol.

I have tripped probably over 100 times on 'cid and shrooms, and have been able to handle pretty high dosages. This was YEARS ago, but for a time I was taking 'cid to much everyother day. Have hit up to 6 hits and have eaten 10 grams of shrooms at that period in my life. Fast forward to today I dont do shit. I drink very lightly once a month, dont even smoke bud anymore. Although Im looking to trip again to center myself and acheive that reminding experience that I always get from tripping ... the reminder of whats important (family, friends, loved ones) rather than the rat race of the world we live in.

Anyway, thats my background .... on to my question. About two years ago I was growing some boomers and had been tripping here and there and I read about Salvia. No one in my town had ever heard of it and I hadnt either. I read on this site and others everything I could. I purchased 1 ounce of dried hawaiian based leaves from BB and 20x extract.

I moved the intable away from the couch and anything else that I could hurt myself on. Sat down on the couch by myself and relaxed. Was in the middle of the day. I started with a bowl of just the leaves. I smoked it, holding it in like your supposed to but didnt feel anything. Im sure I ended up smoking it like you would weed by the end of it. I finished the first bowl, loaded another and finished it. Noticed some faint, sensations but it was BARELY anything at all.

So I loaded a third bowl with the extract on it, and took a big hit, held it in but probably not long enough (5 -8 sec??) blew it out and did notice a doopy kind of sensation. I took another and the sensation got a bit more intense, although it just felt sedative like downers or something, I went to take a third hit and I believe I did but that is the end of the story. Right there .... it went completely blank. I have no idea what happened but I awoke laying flat on my back, on the complete oppositte side of the room with my head wedged in between the wall and a floor standing stereo speaker.

Upon opening my eyes I had a feeling of something terribly wrong, but at first I didnt even know where I was, as I realized where I was, I then realized what had happened. Concsiousness turned to actuall thoughts "w-w-hat happened?" ..... "Oh my god, I was smoking salvia" ..... "it must have been the salvia" .... "holy fuck am I alright??" ..... feelling myself and looking at my hands "theres no blood I must be alright, not hit my head or anything" ... "WTF!"

I felt groggy as hell for the next day or two then normal, however for the next few weeks I got really depressed, and I dont get depressed. I swear it was triggered by this incident.

The thing is .... I have NO recolection of what happened. None, no psychedelic thoughts, no hallucinations, no experiences, no sounds, no sights ... NO NOTHING. One minute I took the third hit, next my eyes opened and I figured out where I was and that I wasnt hurt and that it was because I smoked salvia. I crawled over to the couch and sat there with my head in my hands for probably 20 minutes shaking off the groggyness.

Thats it, thats all.

Did I simply take in so much that my body and mind completely blocked out the entire experience?? I read peoples reports and what happens to them and nothing like that happened to me, I just woke up on the opposite side of the room with the feeling that something bad had happened... although nothing did.

Opinions appreciated...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia, what do you think happened?? [Re: OZZ]
    #8856175 - 08/31/08 01:56 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Too high of a dose of Salvia and you can jump right into an amnesiac state.  This happens for me about 50% of the time; the other half I intake less than the threshold dose and end up sitting there drenched in sweat and feeling very uncomfortable.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: Salvia, what do you think happened?? [Re: deCypher]
    #8856339 - 08/31/08 02:30 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Yup, like Cypher said, it sounds like you overshot the mark and hit the amnesiac state.  If you try again, I'd say smoke less and hold it in longer (at least 20 seconds per hit)

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia, what do you think happened?? [Re: Entropymancer]
    #8856522 - 08/31/08 03:10 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

like cypher said
but also
as it was the first time
the initial effects, such as are common from level 3 4 and 5, were not detected - unfamiliar, not really noticed.
it seems like you went from level 2 to level 6 at hyper speed.
often when I smoke,
there is no appreciable effect for over a minute,
but if I keep smoking it, the effect can over shoot easily.
eg one toke - mild
toke # 2 - toke one is just hitting stronger
toke # 3 - toke two is beginning to hit
then wait, and finally a minute later toke 3 hits.

sometimes being depressed is just being a bit more aware of what is going on. you might be in a time of depression. but also, salvia seems to slow you down which can seem to be depressed, not as much as cannabis.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Invisiblelexmark
Stranger

#8856567 - 08/31/08 03:23 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

The Cypher said:
Too high of a dose of Salvia and you can jump right into an amnesiac state.  This happens for me about 50% of the time; the other half I intake less than the threshold dose and end up sitting there drenched in sweat and feeling very uncomfortable.

so have you ever had a good high with salvia?  i have half a gram of 15x left but didn't have a single good experience smoking the other .5 so its just sitting in my drawer...  can salvia be mixed with another drug to make it more enjoyable?  or is it always the same confusing mindfuck each time?

--------------------

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia, what do you think happened?? [Re: lexmark]
    #8856576 - 08/31/08 03:25 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Some people greatly enjoy Salvia, like RGV.  Personally I don't enjoy it too much, although mixed in with a bit of ganja it can make for an interesting meditative session (the Salvia dysphoria is still unpleasant, though.)

To each his own entheogens.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Offlinechinabean
Mycoholic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Seattle, WA
    #8856966 - 08/31/08 05:13 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

salvia is so bizzare as far as the pulling/pushing sensations go... I'm not really a fan of it, but it's produced the more intense halucinations I've even had. At on point I was stuck in the wall and found it very frustrating that I could "get out". I also never know if im standing or laying or sitting, which makes for a very confused me...

Offlinejvm
I knew the pieces fit!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio Flag
Re: Salvia, what do you think happened?? [Re: chinabean]
    #8857089 - 08/31/08 06:00 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Smoke a dose half the size of a penny. People try to overload it, no need to overload it.

OfflineOZZ
K.I.S.S.
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia, what do you think happened?? [Re: jvm]
    #8857503 - 08/31/08 08:14 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the input guys, thats what I figured happened ....

Im not sure Ill even like it, but I would at least like to remember what I dont like .... lol

I might give it another shot ...

So with that what would you suggest? One single hit of 20x held in for as long as possible ... then how long should I wait before I take another?? A minute or two.... or five??

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia, what do you think happened?? [Re: OZZ]
    #8859591 - 09/01/08 10:03 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

yes sounds great
expect it's peak effect in 90 seconds.
watch the ramp
observe if sensations and visual fragments begin to persist,
and note if the universe enlarges to accommodate extra directions at every sweep of your attention.

you can do it again whenever you want
but first become acquainted with what is happenning.
it is not a prescription
maybe wonderful
and maybe not fun.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlinetherapture
Tune Up Your Chips and Circuits
 User Gallery

Loc: somewhere on the southern...
Re: Salvia, what do you think happened?? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #8859642 - 09/01/08 10:21 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

For me, I just take real 20x, and take 1/12 of a gram....smoke it in a water bong using a butane lighter, just pull evenly and steady to fill the chamber, hold it in for 10 seconds on the first rip, then exhale and clear the bong, and try to hold it while you count to 20...set everything down because you won't hit 20 :smile:

Gets me to a complete mind trance, I rarely move much, sometimes mumble a bit, but in my own mind I have a complete reality replacement. I am lucky that I do not tend to try and walk when under the effect of deleriants or psychs at high levels.

With the real strong extracts, be careful.

--------------------
There is nothing but the truth...we are born and we die. Tune up your chips and circuits, you're going to live longer! -Electric Universe "Tune Up"

Offlineartifact
Male

Re: Salvia, what do you think happened?? [Re: therapture]
    #8860470 - 09/01/08 01:09 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I'll take two rips of 20x from a water bong and hold it in for 10 seconds and everything around me will be complete visuals.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals