Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
The promising cancer treatment that noone talks about.
    #8855907 - 08/31/08 12:33 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

DCA, or Dichloroacetate is shown to have very promising tumor reduction abilities by doctors in canada.  it is claimed to be dangerous and that not enough testing has been done on humans and that there are side effects, but the side effects are far less than chemotherapy.  ive been reading up on it and from the studies done for OTHER problems, the benefits far outweight the possible side effects. apparently it is suitable for treating children with Congenital Lactic Acidosis, but dont dare talk about it being a possible cancer treatment.

why is it not talked about by the media? why is it not being studied more by doctors and labs here?  many seem to think it is the fact that DCA is un-patentable, noone can own the rights to it as a drug, which makes it useless to pharmaceutical companies here.  from what ive read about it, it seems like a very promising drug and should be looked into further.  you be the judge. personally if i ever get cancer, ill be trying it on myself, because even the possible side effects are well worth the gain, and are not nearly as harsh as current approved and highly expensive patented treatments.

http://www.thedcasite.com/index.html

what are your thoughts veritas?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleChiefGreenLeaf

Re: The promising cancer treatment that noone talks about. [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #8856239 - 08/31/08 02:10 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

cool article. when i first opened up the thread i thought it would be about marijuana. ha

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Re: The promising cancer treatment that noone talks about. [Re: ChiefGreenLeaf]
    #8856280 - 08/31/08 02:17 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

that would be the best discovery in the history of ever.

--------------------

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

#8856562 - 08/31/08 03:22 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I will say that the site presents quality data from reputable sources on their site.

Unfortunately, there are no human data suggesting the ability of DCA to inhibit/cure cancer, and many of the animal studies suggest that DCA itself causes cancer.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Re: The promising cancer treatment that noone talks about. [Re: badchad]
    #8856882 - 08/31/08 04:51 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

well the research is still in its infancy right now, given how hard it is to get funding for research on an unpatentable drug, noone wants to fund a drug that they cant make billions from. :shrug:  there are several years of human testing done with children with Congenital Lactic Acidosis, long term research at that. and if children can handle it for a period of years at a time, that does show that it has promise. it may not be proven yet, and it may never with the way the FDA functions, but i guarantee you if i ever get cancer, this will be my first option.

its just a shame that drug and cure research is fueled by profit and not the desire to save lives.

--------------------

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#8859422 - 09/01/08 09:09 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Don't get too excited as stories like these seem to come out year after year and nothing comes from them. Of course this may prove to be the exception- time will tell..

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Re: The promising cancer treatment that noone talks about. [Re: zorbman]
    #8859460 - 09/01/08 09:19 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

yes it will.

i have a little more hope than usual this time, generally the miracle cures we usually hear about have no research at all and was generally started by some nutcase.  well see though.

--------------------

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: land of the free
    #8859837 - 09/01/08 11:08 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Pharmaceutical companies do not want to find a cure to cancer because they wouldn't make as much money over time. With 'treatment', people have to continue to purchase medication until they die.

--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley
:drooling:GIVE ME OPIATES OR GIVE ME DEATH:drooling:

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Re: The promising cancer treatment that noone talks about. [Re: aDoS]
    #8859870 - 09/01/08 11:13 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

sad but true.

--------------------

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

#8862256 - 09/01/08 06:39 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

leftysurprise said:
well the research is still in its infancy right now, given how hard it is to get funding for research on an unpatentable drug, noone wants to fund a drug that they cant make billions from. :shrug: 

Did you take a look at the papers on the site?  I bet almost every single one of those articles was funded by the National Institute of Health and not a pharma company. 

The majority of cacner research is performed by academic scientists who don't stand to gain much (financially) from a cancer cure, but would love nothing more than to go down in history.

There are loads of issues with doing human research.  The fact that some of the animal studies suggest carcinogenic effects is a huge detriment to any human trials.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Re: The promising cancer treatment that noone talks about. [Re: badchad]
    #8862363 - 09/01/08 07:03 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

i havent gone through all of them yet,  i thought i read somewhere in something i read about it that the doctor and the university of alberta  was doing the research with basically donations, from what i understood he couldnt get funding from anywhere else.... maybe it was a bogus report i read or maybe i misread it, or remember it incorrectly..... :shrug:

heres the link to the official site at the university on it. one of the updates on the front page says that "Health Canada Approves First DCA Clinical Trial in Cancer" so at least theyre making some progress.

http://www.depmed.ualberta.ca/dca/

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale