Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebiffy
Stranger
shrooms/dehydration/fainting
    #8852934 - 08/30/08 04:04 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Hi everyone,
so here is whats up, yesterday afternoon i got my hands on some SWEET lab grown shrooms. no cow poop on these babies.  a friend and i took about 3 grams a piece, dried, ground in a  coffee grinder, then we put our shares into some lemon aid and chugged it down. (i dont recommend this way, it was HARD to get down) anyway had a GREAT time,. didnt get lost in space or anything, but a good time. now i live in a very hot climate, and we were outside part of the time, AND I WAS SWEATING LIKE A PIGGIE. not drinking enough water Im sure, then about 5 hours into the trip when i was coming down i was sitting down on a chair in a room in back of my house, with the door open, and i was SO HOT, then i felt all sick and i fainted. this is not the first time i have fainted. i fainted on shrooms a few years back, as I was  coming down, but i wasnt in a hot climate at that time, and i dont think the heat was a contributing factor back then, although i didnt drink much of anything in that situation as well.  now i have taken shrooms probably 20 times in my life, and dropped more paper than anyone i know. seriously, (Im in my 30s) so Im not new to psychedelics, but Im curious , do you think i just fainted yesterday because of the heat/dehydration??  or is there something more to fainting while coming off of shrooms.

i should say that i have no history of heart issues, or any heath issues, other then i have a few extra pounds on me, but i am not obese or anything.  and i have fainted before, while not on shrooms, when i had gotten my wisdom teeth pulled, i was looking into the mirror a couple days later, and i saw the holes that were left, they were all gross and bloody, and i fainted :smile: 

anyway that should give you enough info to give your opinion on the situation. and yes there was weed involved, but Im a  daily smoker. :smile:

any info is appreciated.

thanks,.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedustllama
w00tles!
Male User Gallery

Re: shrooms/dehydration/fainting [Re: biffy]
    #8853057 - 08/30/08 04:38 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Well... you seem to already know the solution. Make sure you drink enough water next time! :coleman:

Offlinedustllama
w00tles!
Male User Gallery

Re: shrooms/dehydration/fainting [Re: dustllama]
    #8853059 - 08/30/08 04:39 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I'm going to go drink some right now... Mmmm delicious!

Offlinebiffy
Stranger
    #8853244 - 08/30/08 05:51 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

lol, well i  guess im just looking for confirmation. :grin:

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
    #8853301 - 08/30/08 06:10 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

The two episodes you give info on sound like two entirely different causes to me.  The "look in the mirror and seeing the holes" from the wisdom tooth extractions is a vaso-vagal response.  Even though you probably didn't SENSE feeling frightened or upset, the abnormal appearance in your mouth, swelling, stitches, blood clots...whatever you saw, caused the vaso-vagal response, lightheadedness and syncope (fainting).

The mushroom related syncopal episodes are a bit harder to explain, but likely have a different etiology.  Dehydration MAY be a contributor, but not likely the whole cause.

What did your urine look like?  Was it dark, concentrated and/or strong-smelling?  Did you get faint feeling as you stood up from a chair or a recumbent position?  Did you actually lose consciousness, or just feel like you might?  I suspect postural hypotension and dehydration conspired to produce the reaction you describe, but, being across the abyss of the internet, this can only be pure speculation, unfortunately.

I know I get next-day headaches from shrooms.  I suspect there is some sort of vasodilation mechanism/derangment at work in my case, and maybe yours as well.

Hope you are feeling well at present.

N.B

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

Offlinebiffy
Stranger
Re: shrooms/dehydration/fainting [Re: Nature Boy]
    #8853349 - 08/30/08 06:26 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

hi thanks for the response,  i was actually sitting down in a chair,and had not stood up in at least 15 minutes,  and all the sudden i went from feeling a little wooosy, to just fainting, i lost consciousness and woke up on the floor with my friend saying my name. they said i woke up as soon as i went down, so i was out maybe 5 seconds total.  when i got up i felt fine, then i threw up :smile: then i felt really good. and no symptoms since then, i mean i did get a little headache later last night, but i took 2 ibuprofen and felt fine.  i too get headaches after i trip, but they are usually light.  and about the urine, i didnt pee much during the day, though when i did it was fine,  and  evening everything looked fine, no color change, or anything else.

and i have been drinking water like crazy ever since, so i know i was at least a little dehydrated, although i think i have replaced the fluids by now.

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
    #8855207 - 08/31/08 06:13 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Assuming you are on no medications intended to lower blood pressure, it sounds like you had either a hypotensive event from:

1) vaso-dilitation due to shrooms (same mechanism as headaches) in combination with mild-moderate  dehydration, or, much less likely, 2) a bradycardic event.

Evidence for the former is the immediate regaining of consciousness once you were supine.  The mechanism is as follows:  Blood pooled in your lower extremities (from vaso-dilitation and gravity) leads to a relative loss of blood volume available to your heart.  No inflow means no outflow - the heart, after all, is a simple pump - nothing in, nothing out.

Once supine, gravity is out of the equation, blood volume improves.  The heart fills, cardiac output improves, and you pop back.  Next time, elevate your feet (as in a recliner) or use a couple of pillows to avoid passing out.  Also, try to drink more - NOT ALCOHOL - water, tea, you get the idea.  You should have the urge to pee about once EVERY HOUR.

Lastly, when you are upright, walk, do not stand for long in one place.  Your calf muscles act like a peripheral pump, returning blood to the right side of your heart, and will reduce the liklihood of a syncopal episode.

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

Offlineshroomizzy
Souless
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Center of the Room
    #8855389 - 08/31/08 08:36 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

biffy said:
Hi everyone,
so here is whats up, yesterday afternoon i got my hands on some SWEET lab grown shrooms. no cow poop on these babies. 

You are right. Because it was probably horse poop :tongue:

--------------------
:::::Sincerely Yours, I disown you:::::

Offlinebiffy
Stranger
Re: shrooms/dehydration/fainting [Re: Nature Boy]
    #8863920 - 09/02/08 12:34 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks alot for the info, i probably only drank 2-3 pepsi's that day, (no water) and hadnt eaten yet as we dropped early, (pee'd maybe 2x all day)  that combined with the extreme heat all did me in.

thanks again for the info. and ill be more mindfull of the fluid intake next time. :smile:

Offlinebiffy
Stranger
Re: shrooms/dehydration/fainting [Re: shroomizzy]
    #8863935 - 09/02/08 12:38 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

:tongue::mushroom2:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate