Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemos619
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: The Boondocks
Where're The Pins?
    #8811517 - 08/22/08 02:18 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Im a newb, first time grow, second cake. I went the PF tek, BRF and verm route with perlite humidification.

My first cake went great even though I stabed myself with the syringe durring inoculation(I was wearing gloves, but still). 4 flushes about 1/4 oz dried.

Sometime durring the second flush I decided to try for a second cake which colonized fine and was birthed a week after full surface colonization.

Now its in the terrarium. The pre pin "fuzz" is all over, but its taking longer than id expect, based on my experience with the first cake. I got one of those humidity guages from wal mart this time around and had a low reading so ive been sprayin/addin perlite to try and up it, but after readin other post on the issue I just decided the hygrometer is a POS(it was like 5 bucks).

Whats buggin me though is that the "fuzz" is starting to branch off like...maybe its tryin to pin but the mycelium just isnt dense enough, hence the stringy branches?(sorry i dont have pics) Idk like I said this is my first time so I could just be worried over nothing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDubC
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Where're The Pins? [Re: mos619]
    #8811542 - 08/22/08 02:25 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Thats normal, its just "rhizo-ing it up". Its not used to the new environment yet.  After being in the terrarium for a week or two youll start seeing pins. Just remember to give it plenty of FAE and mist it twice daily
Hope that helps

Offlineddtc
dumbass noob
Male

Loc: FL
Re: Where're The Pins? [Re: DubC]
    #8811620 - 08/22/08 02:39 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

i got the same thing going on the fuzz all over been in the fc for 2 days and its coming though the verm already my fc is the shotgun with a tropic aire humidifier and air exchange i was havin problems with my rh so i added that now it stays at 100%

Invisiblemos619
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: The Boondocks
Re: Where're The Pins? [Re: DubC]
    #8815934 - 08/23/08 02:17 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah they're here, there....everywhere? I just hadn't seen the "fuzz" start branchin out off the cake like that before, I waited for pins to show up before birthin the first jar. But yeah looks like all systems are go, thanks for the tips.

OfflinePowerOfTheCoir
Newbie Sympathizer
Male User Gallery

Re: Where're The Pins? [Re: mos619]
    #8817101 - 08/23/08 05:45 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Lots of fuzz is a very god sign for your humidity - it just doesn't usually do that when the air is to dry.

Make sure that you are getting plenty of FAE and then just be patient. Remember, with multispore you always get different results, even if the environment is the same. Some genetic combinations will just pin a little later or earlier than others.

--------------------
Check out my first ever TEK!
Shroom capsules with the Cap-M-Quik (pics)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag