Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Storing Spent Coffee Grounds *DELETED*
    #8810746 - 08/22/08 11:48 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by MisterMuscaria

Reason for deletion: .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Storing Spent Coffee Grounds [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #8810756 - 08/22/08 11:50 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Either dry them fully, or freeze.  Otherwise, they'll grow green mold within days.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

Loc: Elsewhere.
Re: Storing Spent Coffee Grounds [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #8811077 - 08/22/08 12:54 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

:crazy:.... I totally had mine in the fridge for like 4 months. Hmmm. So far so good. I didn't notice any mold or anything. I'm using some right meow, and I have never had a better looking casing.

--------------------
"If I had a single wish, I would have every single human on this planet see this natural world the way I see it; the beauty in such simple things such as a fallen tree that is covered in moss and that has new trees growing from it. To some, fallen trees are ugly. But in reality, it is the circle of life at its finest. This is a beautiful world, its time that we recognize that before its all gone."

InvisibleKrez
RamRod
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Storing Spent Coffee Grounds [Re: misos]
    #8811344 - 08/22/08 01:42 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Coffee in a casing?

--------------------
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.  (Homer)

Look, the thing about my family is there's five of us. Marge, Bart, Girl Bart, the one who doesn't talk, and the fat guy. How I loathe him. (Drunk Homer)

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not. (Tyler Durden)

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

Re: Storing Spent Coffee Grounds [Re: Krez]
    #8811450 - 08/22/08 02:03 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

.... Yeah. My bad. In my sub. I don't use casings. :grin: Sorry.

--------------------
"If I had a single wish, I would have every single human on this planet see this natural world the way I see it; the beauty in such simple things such as a fallen tree that is covered in moss and that has new trees growing from it. To some, fallen trees are ugly. But in reality, it is the circle of life at its finest. This is a beautiful world, its time that we recognize that before its all gone."

OfflineShulgin
Space Monkey
Male
Re: Storing Spent Coffee Grounds [Re: misos]
    #8811753 - 08/22/08 03:13 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Just out of curiosity, when using spent grounds in a sub, what kind of other PH modifiers are needed, if any, to even things out?  I'm considering adding some to a worm castings/coir sub that'll be mixed with some colonized rye grain.

--------------------
"No manure, no magic..."

Invisiblewisp

Re: Storing Spent Coffee Grounds [Re: Shulgin]
    #8812188 - 08/22/08 04:53 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I let mine store up over a week or two, then dry them out in the oven. I've never had any mould grow on them, even when I've let them sit out for a month. I do get bacteria thriving in them though, but they've never presented me any problems at all.

Invisiblespacel0rd
anarchohippienerd

Re: Storing Spent Coffee Grounds [Re: wisp]
    #8812389 - 08/22/08 05:42 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

A pot a day is not much. So i guess you can just keep it on a pil. See if it seems to dry fast. If yes, you are okay. I make my coffee from pads. And have lot of 'em everyday. Well i guess they dry faster than grounds usually would. But i stack them up on a plate and they just do fine.

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

Re: Storing Spent Coffee Grounds [Re: Shulgin]
    #8814257 - 08/23/08 02:28 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Hey bud, I am currently using straw, steer manure, coco coir, and coffee grounds. I don't give a eff about PH. Maybe it plays a roll, but I'm not making a science out of it. I'm just doin my thing. My results as of now are awesome. I stored my grounds for about 5 months IN THE FRIDGE. No Mold. My sub colonized, via BRF in a little over a week. I will be posting a grow log when it's said and done. Any more questions directed towards me, hit me up via PM. Good luck.

PS I hear gypsum works.... Also, worm castings are great, but expensive. FYI.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale