Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineyabecoo
Stranger

Rye seed
    #8800718 - 08/20/08 11:49 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

The rye seed used for substrate is just something along the lines of a perennial rye you use for your lawn? Yes? No?
Thanks,
Yabecoo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
Re: Rye seed [Re: yabecoo]
    #8800765 - 08/20/08 12:07 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I believe so I've often heard it referred to as rye grass seed.

Do you have a pic of the rye seeds your talking about?

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

Edited by ScavengerType (08/20/08 12:08 PM)

InvisibleKrez
RamRod
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Rye seed [Re: ScavengerType]
    #8800776 - 08/20/08 12:10 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Nope.  The kind of Rye for cubes is organic rye berries.  Rye grass seed is used for P. Tampanensis and Mexicana.

--------------------
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.  (Homer)

Look, the thing about my family is there's five of us. Marge, Bart, Girl Bart, the one who doesn't talk, and the fat guy. How I loathe him. (Drunk Homer)

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not. (Tyler Durden)

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Rye seed [Re: ScavengerType]
    #8800778 - 08/20/08 12:10 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

rye seeds are different than rye berries, which is what you want for p.cub; rye seeds are used for growing mexicana a or sum such shit.

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Rye seed [Re: george castanza]
    #8800885 - 08/20/08 12:36 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Rye berries or rye grass seed can both be used as spawn for growing mushrooms. Stamets mentioned using rye grass seed for sclerotia producing species in 'The Mushroom Cultivator' and people seem to be stuck on the idea that it's only for sclerotia ever since.

However, I actually prefer rye berries for sclerotia production, but as said above, rye grass seed can be used for either.

Here's a link to my Rye Grain Preparation page.

Here's a link to my Rye Grass Seed Preparation page.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleKrez
RamRod
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Rye seed [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #8800899 - 08/20/08 12:39 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

There I go giving bad information.  :cruelworld:

--------------------
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.  (Homer)

Look, the thing about my family is there's five of us. Marge, Bart, Girl Bart, the one who doesn't talk, and the fat guy. How I loathe him. (Drunk Homer)

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not. (Tyler Durden)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags