Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineastronaut
ascetic aesthetic
Male

How You Use Your Drugs Of Choice
    #8782770 - 08/16/08 03:31 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

... both in terms of how you've ritualized their use (i.e, activities you partake in / music you listen to / etc, under the influence consistently), and in your general opinion of their value.

Mushrooms: this is my drug of choice for fixing problems in my life, finding meaning and direction, and the motivation to pursue it all. I've had major depression for many years, but a low-dose shroom trip punctures straight through all of that indifference and confusion, and reinvigorates a passion for life. For weeks afterwards I'm at awe with the vibrancy of existence, and the infinite possibilities that one may pursue. I typically listen to some psytrance / tantric music while coming up, and as I approach the peak I'll go outside (I only trip on warm sunny days) and meditate, then do something out of the ordinary while reflecting on my direction in life, and through the loss of ego, am able to think critically about myself in a way that I simply cannot while sober.

Ketamine / Opium / Absinthe: my attitude towards these three drugs are very similar; they are for me escapes from reality, guilty pleasures that are just so wonderfully aesthetic. I prefer ketamine alone, but opium and absinthe are a bit more social for me. My music of choice is anything entrancing and wistful, often Donovan, Neil Young, or particularly good techno-trance stuff (Tiesto, York, Buddha Bar cuts, etc). Shrooms have helped me identify how damaging lapses into aesthetic delirium may be, so I've cut down on my use a lot, having dosed every day for many months on end in the past. My ecstatically meandering visions on these drugs are amazing sources of inspiration for poetry, which is one way in which I still indulge in them.

Speed: the only time I ever dose speed is when I'm looking to "oil my gears", so to speak, for writing. While I find inspiration in the previous four drugs, it's amphetamine that helps me put it all into words. I see no spiritual value in it, and indeed am very careful around it, both because I have a weak cardiovascular system, and because when used wrong it can be a huge step in the wrong direction. I'm careful not to become addicted, and use it sparingly always with an objective in mind.

--------------------
In another Time's Forgotten Space, your Eyes looked through your Mother's Face:
Wildflower Seed on the Sand and Stone, may the Four Winds blow you Safely Home!

Edited by astronaut (08/16/08 03:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThe_Ghost
ゴースト

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USG Ishimura Flag
Re: How You Use Your Drugs Of Choice [Re: astronaut]
    #8782779 - 08/16/08 03:33 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Acid:
1. Place in mouth.
2. ???????
3. :pinkelephant:
4. Profit.

--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

OfflinePsilocybinMike
T.F.Y.Q.A
Male User Gallery

Re: How You Use Your Drugs Of Choice [Re: The_Ghost]
    #8782801 - 08/16/08 03:38 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

The_Ghost said:
Acid:
1. Place in mouth.
2. ???????
3. :pinkelephant:
4. Profit.

:ilold:

--------------------

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVZBTAYm3rw

InvisibleHiei
8======><=====8
Male User Gallery

Re: How You Use Your Drugs Of Choice [Re: The_Ghost]
    #8782880 - 08/16/08 03:57 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I snort coke to get up in the morning, cause you know sometimes i'm quite lazy. Then I smoke a lot of pot so I get hungry and have a good lunch. After that, I need some Jack Daniel's to go out with my friends cause I'm very shy. When I come back home, I usually need some LSD to make some good paintings, which is my hobby. Some more pot right before dinner to eat, cause it helps me eat a lot since I wanna gain some weight. Then I do heroin to stay calm after dinner and digest what I ate. What I usually need then is some more LSD to enjoy my fav TV show and then some more weed with xanax help me have a wonderful sleep.

--------------------
◄►۞◄►

Edited by Hiei (08/16/08 03:59 PM)

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: How You Use Your Drugs Of Choice [Re: astronaut]
    #8782902 - 08/16/08 04:09 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I really liked your phrase "lapses into aesthetic delirium" and "ecstatically meandering visions," BTW.  Anyways, I'm always intrigued to explore the new parts of my mind that can be unlocked with the appropriate neurochemical key.  As of late, I've therefore been on a whirlwind medley of chemical cocktails and strange plant sacraments with no especial consistency to my method, and I've been having fun.  When I've settled down, though, and feel less prone to running my brain through an entheogenic blender, my ritualized drug use will probably look something like:

Beer: a couple ice cold, dripping with condensation Heinekens every Friday night keeps my alcohol tolerance low and combines a great taste with that warm, hearty buzz that enhances good conversation and rich food.  This is my social drug, and there's nothing else quite like kicking back after a full week and cracking open a few bottles with some good mates.

Grass: a gram of dank weed rolled into a fat joint, inhaled with the rising of the sun on Saturday morning.  In a meditative mindset, marijuana allows me to free my mind into a creative zone and empty my thoughts of needless distractions.  That warm glow of accentuated senses, heightened smells, and that vibrationally orgasmic feel of being alive and high always makes weed a great start to my weekend.

Shrooms: an eighth of dried, alien fungii taken about every month, on a Saturday when I've cleared all my obligations.  After meditating through my wake-and-bake, the consumption of these potent mushies defragments my mind: by effortlessly slipping into ego death I become able to see who I am and what I have done with an objective eye, and maybe just marvel at the whole mystery of it all.  Powerful, inexpressible, and sometimes just plain weird--psilocybin mushrooms will be my ally for a long time to come.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OfflineForce Ten
Home Will Always Be Here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Elation Station Flag
Re: How You Use Your Drugs Of Choice [Re: Hiei]
    #8782915 - 08/16/08 04:12 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I smoke weed as something to do with my stoner buddies when we're bored, and to make music sound way better, and if my tolerance is low enough, get psychedelic effects.

Acid - just dropped a few weeks ago for the first time, easily the best "drug" I have done. L and mushies (even some weed) have both helped encourage me to meditate more frequently.

--------------------

So hear this please
And watch as your heart speeds up endlessly
And look for the stars as the sun goes down
Each breath that you take has a thunderous sound
Everything, everything's magic

OfflinePsilocybinMike
T.F.Y.Q.A
Male User Gallery

Re: How You Use Your Drugs Of Choice [Re: Hiei]
    #8782945 - 08/16/08 04:24 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Hiei said:
I snort coke to get up in the morning, cause you know sometimes i'm quite lazy. Then I smoke a lot of pot so I get hungry and have a good lunch. After that, I need some Jack Daniel's to go out with my friends cause I'm very shy. When I come back home, I usually need some LSD to make some good paintings, which is my hobby. Some more pot right before dinner to eat, cause it helps me eat a lot since I wanna gain some weight. Then I do heroin to stay calm after dinner and digest what I ate. What I usually need then is some more LSD to enjoy my fav TV show and then some more weed with xanax help me have a wonderful sleep.

Damn that'd be fucked up it you were forreal about that. Almost having it down to a science I guess, I'd have to give you some credit... :lol:

--------------------

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVZBTAYm3rw

OfflineAopocetx
Writer
Male

Re: How You Use Your Drugs Of Choice [Re: PsilocybinMike]
    #8783182 - 08/16/08 05:41 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Acid: Either A) follow colors or B) blast music into my ears.

--------------------

---------> Acacia confusa trip report <--------

############ DPT HCL trip report with Q&A ###########

Follow my psychedelic instagram @psychedelicpage

OfflineFloydRose
Weilii eyed
Male

Loc: US, Georgia
Re: How You Use Your Drugs Of Choice [Re: Aopocetx]
    #8783226 - 08/16/08 05:55 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

@The_Gh0st:
That was fucking hilarious. I couldn't agree more.

@ OP:

Quote:

and through the loss of ego, am able to think critically about myself in a way that I simply cannot while sober.

That is perhaps the single most useful benefit of using psychedelic drugs. The clarity is outstanding; thinking so freely and without judging yourself helps bring you to a mental plateau where you can view your thoughts, your life, and yourself with uttermost scrutiny and without obstacles.

People do drugs for different reasons, many of them which are conventionally "wrong", but there are no rules about drugs, other than ones that humans fabricate. Being a crazy, lowlife drug addict is definitely not good, but it's hard for me to pass judgement on other people' drug habits.

In my opinion, the earliest civilizations used drugs in the best possible way, and I believe this is because they had a reverance for them that we as a society have long abandoned.

Aztec Mushroom Gods > Our Society

--------------------
“It is true that my discovery of LSD was a chance discovery, but it was the outcome of planned experiments and these experiments took place in the framework of systematic pharmaceutical, chemical research. It could better be described as serendipity.”
-Albert Hofmann

OfflineShroomyTunes
psychedeliac

Loc: Ontario
Re: How You Use Your Drugs Of Choice [Re: FloydRose]
    #8783322 - 08/16/08 06:17 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

FloydRose said:

In my opinion, the earliest civilizations used drugs in the best possible way, and I believe this is because they had a reverance for them that we as a society have long abandoned.

Aztec Mushroom Gods > Our Society

It is one of my on-going goals in life to change as many people's largely negative or at least superficial perception of 'shrooms' and related substances as I can. I think and hope a lot of people on this board are doing the same.

I really can't believe what the church and state has done to the general public's view on psychedelics.

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: How You Use Your Drugs Of Choice [Re: ShroomyTunes]
    #8785545 - 08/17/08 06:16 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I don't really do much preparation for mushrooms.  I just take them when I'm on hiking trips or at music festivals, and let them run their course.  Never had a bad trip.  They just make me at peace.  My internal and external dialogues just shut up, and I watch the world and the people around me with compassion and a smile on my face.

Acid is such a useful tool and I've taken it with many different goals in mind.  I took a couple hits for my band's farewell show. we played great (like tilting my head back in ecstasy while my fingers did the work great).  I've also taken acid to do some spring cleaning.  Literally cleaning out dust and crap from my apartment.  Makes that sort of mindless work incredibly fun.  Took acid at a music festival just to enjoy myself and stay up for the late shows... wound up frying balls all night just having an absolute blast. 

As for beer, I like what someone wrote above.  I drink beer to relate to my friends, and as a reward for making it through the week.  I absolutely love beer.  I also drink it to come down from acid trips at the end.  My girlfriend and I have a tradition of eating as much pizza or quesadillas or whatever food is at hand, and drinking as much beer as possible at the end of an acid trip.  Then, once we've had our fill and more, crawl into the tent and try like hell to fall asleep.  This works to varying degrees depending how hard we've been frying that night.  Point is beer is the nectar of the gods.

Weed - once in a while weed is nice for getting into a band when I'm not really feeling it.  Say its the last day of a fest and my body aches and I'm feeling tired and just not into the given band that's playing.  A couple hits off a joint and I'm dancing in the sun.  But other than that I hate the stuff--it just makes me confused and paranoid, and incapable of carrying on a conversation.  Weed does the exact opposite of what psychedelics do, in my experience.

Speed - I've learned not to use speed as a recreational drug--it just sucks for that purpose.  Its the same boring drill over and over again--I HAVE to talk, then I cant be bothered to talk, then I can't sleep.  I use it to study for exams and it lets me put in my long hours at the library.  Its good for making me focus on repetitive crap I need to learn. 

MDMA - I use it to connect with friends.  Kinda like beer.  I'll take MDMA maybe once twice a year, no more.  New Year's Eve is our roll night.  Invite as many people as we can to our place, cook em dinner and serve champagne, cabs to the venue, molly for everybody, hugs dance kisses dance hugs smiles wtf is it really five AM already :frown:

Great thread idea.

--------------------

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: How You Use Your Drugs Of Choice [Re: ShroomyTunes]
    #8785571 - 08/17/08 06:30 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I don't really do much preparation for mushrooms.  I just take them when I'm on hiking trips or at music festivals, and let them run their course.  Never had a bad trip.  They just make me at peace.  My internal and external dialogues just shut up, and I watch the world and the people around me with compassion and a smile on my face.  Mushrooms are far and away my favorite drug, a gift from an amazing cosmic chemist with our best interests in mind, or even more mind blowing, a freak coinscidence.  In any case, a perfect experience.

Acid is such a useful tool and I've taken it with many different goals in mind.  I took a couple hits for my band's farewell show. we played great (like tilting my head back in ecstasy while my fingers did the work great).  I've also taken acid to do some spring cleaning.  Literally cleaning out dust and crap from my apartment.  Makes that sort of mindless work incredibly fun.  Took acid at a music festival just to enjoy myself and stay up for the late shows... wound up frying balls all night just having an absolute blast. 

As for beer, I like what someone wrote above.  I drink beer to relate to my friends, and as a reward for making it through the week.  I absolutely love beer.  I also drink it to come down from acid trips at the end.  My girlfriend and I have a tradition of eating as much pizza or quesadillas or whatever food is at hand, and drinking as much beer as possible at the end of an acid trip.  Then, once we've had our fill and more, crawl into the tent and try like hell to fall asleep.  This works to varying degrees depending how hard we've been frying that night.  Point is beer is the nectar of the gods.

Weed - once in a while weed is nice for getting into a band when I'm not really feeling it.  Say its the last day of a fest and my body aches and I'm feeling tired and just not into the given band that's playing.  A couple hits off a joint and I'm dancing in the sun.  But other than that I hate the stuff--it just makes me confused and paranoid, and incapable of carrying on a conversation.  Weed does the exact opposite of what psychedelics do, in my experience.

Speed - I've learned not to use speed as a recreational drug--it just sucks for that purpose.  Its the same boring drill over and over again--I HAVE to talk, then I cant be bothered to talk, then I can't sleep.  I use it to study for exams and it lets me put in my long hours at the library.  Its good for making me focus on repetitive crap I need to learn. 

MDMA - I use it to connect with friends.  Kinda like beer.  I'll take MDMA maybe once twice a year, no more.  New Year's Eve is our roll night.  Invite as many people as we can to our place, cook em dinner and serve champagne, cabs to the venue, molly for everybody, hugs dance kisses dance hugs smiles wtf is it really five AM already :frown:

Great thread idea.

--------------------

InvisibleTakemeaway
Mushroom Hunter.

Loc: Ancient Eucalyptus Forest
Re: How You Use Your Drugs Of Choice [Re: Noviseer]
    #8785669 - 08/17/08 07:29 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

THC - Used to take a gram or two in a bag to my mates house every friday after the week and peace out in the forrest smoking out of pipes. Now i smoke everywhere :rasta::heart: everyday so i make it a must to exercise reguraly, eat good and just generally live good after my morning wake n bake.

LSD - Taken early in the day with my favourite music with good people, try to peak in the afternoon and come down by bed time.Will usually go to the beach and cleanse my soul in the ocean before i trip.. I find you cant plan such a experience just flow.

MDMA - In a small or large group of close friends at night time, good music and lots of vegies to smoke. Usually ends in laying on my back drooling over psy trance or ambient beats lolz
:sunny:  :psychsplit:  :happyheart:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate