Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Anyone here going to be watching the Saddleback church forum today?
    #8782575 - 08/16/08 02:22 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

It's on at 5pm pacific (8 eastern) on fox.  Should provide a good first glimpse at the cadidates answering questions together, as a forshadow to the debates.  I'm hoping that I can find a live stream somewhere so I don't have to wait to watch it.

On a related note, saddleback college girls give great head.

--------------------

Discuss Politics

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: Anyone here going to be watching the Saddleback church forum today? [Re: Ferris]
    #8783189 - 08/16/08 05:43 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

i also am hoping to find a live stream.

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Anyone here going to be watching the Saddleback church forum today? [Re: Syle]
    #8783568 - 08/16/08 07:16 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Ah, it looks like since I spent way too long trying to get this damn program working on vmware, that I already missed the first hour anyways.  That makes it a lot easier accepting a re-run as an option since I no longer have a choice.

--------------------

Discuss Politics

OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

Loc: A Church
Re: Anyone here going to be watching the Saddleback church forum today? [Re: Ferris]
    #8783972 - 08/16/08 08:30 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I will be watching it on CNN @ 12:00am EST.

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

Get help, help is free and available 24/7/365.

God bless you all and I hope you receive the help you need to turn away from your lives of sin.

Mushrooms and drugs make you gay, you can reverse this homosexual condition with rehab, get help! Stop being gay!

Edited by Chemy (08/16/08 09:18 PM)

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #8784198 - 08/16/08 09:17 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I DVR'd it and will watch it tomorrow.

While we're on the subject, DVR's are about the neatest invention ever. The novelty factor is off the charts.

InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Anyone here going to be watching the Saddleback church forum today? [Re: Redstorm]
    #8784216 - 08/16/08 09:20 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

For those without fancy dvr technology, or a television for that matter, here's part one of Obama's section.  I assume you can navigate from there:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=fsmAu1UbmPM

--------------------

Discuss Politics

Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

Loc: City of Dreams
    #8784306 - 08/16/08 09:47 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Is McCain even capable of talking about anything but war and military? First off he didn't even answer a quarter of the questions and diverted them by talking about war. Fucking psycho old idiot. :rolleyes:

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
- and thrice with actual women(all of which were prostitutes)
Best story ever!

www.panicstream.com :thumbup:

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #8785086 - 08/17/08 01:36 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I'm watching a replay of the forum right now. McCain is stealing the show. No wonder the Obamassiah is scared to sit next to him in a town hall debate. He'd be exposed and made to look like a fool.

Remember to inflate your tires and get regular tuneups kids, for that is the answer to our "energy crisis" so sayeth the Obamassiah and so it may be.

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #8785646 - 08/17/08 07:17 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I missed it. DrewM at Ace of Spades didn't. Click this link for full report -- http://ace.mu.nu/archives/270830.php

Some soundbites from Drew's review:

Quote:

Nearly forty minutes in...McCain is kicking Obama's ass. You'd think this friendly, personality setup would favor Obama but it's not.

and
Quote:

The Weekly Standard Blog catches Captain Bullshit...well, bullshitting. http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2008/08/two_quick_thoughts_on_saddleba_1.asp

If this were a fight it would have been a knockout for McCain.

and
Quote:

McCain (wins) big time. I think my position on McCain is well cataloged on this blog (I'm not thrilled to put it mildly) but even I was impressed.

and
Quote:

If I were Obama and his people, I'd be trying to figure out how to get out of the debates. The two of them just aren't in the same league.

More at the link. Especially interesting is the near-disastrous Clarence Thomas fumble Obama comes within a hair of making, then hauls it back at the very last possible split second. Heh. I guarantee you lots of people caught it anyway.

Phred

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: Anyone here going to be watching the Saddleback church forum today? [Re: Phred]
    #8785793 - 08/17/08 08:20 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

http://www.rickwarrennews.com/transcript/

Click on that for a full transcript of the debate.

Phred

--------------------

OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast
Re: Anyone here going to be watching the Saddleback church forum today? [Re: Phred]
    #8785844 - 08/17/08 08:42 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I don't know if you missed this point phred, but the blog you posted seems to also miss it:

THIS WAS NOT A DEBATE

Edited by xFrockx (08/17/08 08:44 AM)

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: Anyone here going to be watching the Saddleback church forum today? [Re: xFrockx]
    #8785883 - 08/17/08 09:01 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, I know. But I was having a hard time trying to come up with some other short and punchy name to properly describe it. Identical Q&A session? Discussion forum? But I disagree that DrewM missed it - he specifically states that Obama's performance in this exercise is a good indicator to Obama's handlers that he shouldn't be allowed to participate in the upcoming debates. This to me shows DrewM grasps the difference between this event and actual debates.

But let's face it folks - a lot of the earlier "debates" weren't really debates either.

The point is Obama didn't do nearly as well as McCain did, and that this event was a good predictor of how poorly he would likely perform in future debates/Q&A sessions/serial discussions/whatever.

Phred

--------------------

OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

#8785940 - 08/17/08 09:25 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

The problem with Obama's debate style is that its sincere, so it comes across as something we aren't used to.  He actually tries to pick apart the arguments of the person he's up against, and debates on a much more philosophical level.  As we've seen with Hilary Clinton and as we will see with John McCain, the "idiotshout" debate style is more the norm.  Essentially, we can expect a lot of rhetoric, false promises, and wedge issue clusterfucking.  All this stuff appeals to your average joe blow idiot who doesn't care about soundness or validity.

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: Anyone here going to be watching the Saddleback church forum today? [Re: xFrockx]
    #8786061 - 08/17/08 10:16 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

xFrockx said:
The problem with Obama's debate style is that its sincere, and debates on a much more philosophical level. 

&eurl=http://www.floppingaces.net/

:rofl2:

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Edited by lonestar2004 (08/17/08 11:38 AM)

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
    #8786084 - 08/17/08 10:22 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I'm starting to like McCain.:mushroom2:

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Anyone here going to be watching the Saddleback church forum today? [Re: lonestar2004]
    #8786126 - 08/17/08 10:40 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

A couple comments.  First off, even as an Obama supporter, I agree that McCain "won," or came off as better looking to the audience.  I totally disagree however that Obama went into this with an "advantage," as Phred points out.  The questions were acknowledged to represent those that are the concern of conservative evangelicals.  The statistic they gave before the start was that Obama carries something like 17% of them, while McCain nabs the rest.  So ya, no advantage.

A few of McCains loud chearing point that I can remember off hand: mentioning protecting the us from threats like russia, offshore drilling, no abortions (at least he took the federalist stance here, which I can almost agree with), and judge-appointees (ie implies any other social issue you can think up).

So ya, it seems his only chance at a succesful platform to me is to drum up fear.  Fear of war, fear of an impending energy crisis (allusions to much worse I mean), and fear of social change.

--------------------

Discuss Politics

OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

#8786241 - 08/17/08 11:12 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I wouldn't disagree that McCain made himself look better in this forum, thats precisely what his kind of bullshit tactics are good for.  Just look at his answers for the 3 people he gets advice from.  A general, someone he might have met once who represents the struggle of black americans, and some female CEO of an internet company.  Gee, looks like he covered all his bases, what a shill.

Edited by xFrockx (08/17/08 11:12 AM)

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
    #8789200 - 08/18/08 12:45 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Phred said:
More at the link. Especially interesting is the near-disastrous Clarence Thomas fumble Obama comes within a hair of making, then hauls it back at the very last possible split second. Heh. I guarantee you lots of people caught it anyway.

Phred

It was easy to catch.  Democrats hate Clarence Thomas.  Harry Reid went on Meet the Press a couple of years back and had the same formula.  They go after his intellect and then they say something about the brilliance of Scalia.

If the situation was reversed and Republicans were trying to make one black justice look like an idiot I can only imagine the outpour.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: Anyone here going to be watching the Saddleback church forum today? [Re: JesusChrist]
    #8789507 - 08/18/08 03:17 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

zomg, I know!  And they'd think it was racist if I started white entertainment television!  And they call themselves niggers but I'm not allowed too! 

Chill man, the liberals don't like clarence and it has nothing to do with his skin color.  And scalia is kinda cool anyways... He's one of the few that seems to read the actual laws- I just don't know if I can buy all his due process and criminal case opinions but whatever... He's a decent judge.

OfflineAlbino_Jesus
Clearly Retarded
 User Gallery

Loc: Construction ahead...
Re: Anyone here going to be watching the Saddleback church forum today? [Re: johnm214]
    #8789610 - 08/18/08 04:51 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Many of you may not have been aware, but there was a protest of more than 1,000 people outside that church.

I was among them.

People from all walks of life, and all political ideologies were present. The reasons for protest were many, including: Having an event like this at a church is tip-toeing on the line of separation of church and state, The exclusion of other candidates besides McBama, The fact that the audience consisted almost entirely of church members only, because church members were given first priority of ticket sales.... many others out there.

So, why didn't they broadcast the more than 1,000 people outside the church, lining the streets, with megaphones and giant banners and signs, chanting, protesting, cars honking all the time .... ??

Because the corporate-dick-sucking Republican-Democrat "two-party" monopoly doesn't want regular people who just watch this shit on TV to know how strong dissent really is.

There were over 1000 fucking people, in the middle of this crappy suburban area in SoCal, in the middle of nowhere fucking interesting. Over 1000 people show up to protest this shit. And this is not newsworthy?

--------------------
The only difference between the Republican and Democratic parties is the velocities with which their knees hit the floor when corporations knock on their door.
-Ralph Nader

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom