Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

schizophrenia
    #875505 - 09/10/02 06:09 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I was reading about schizophrenia and I found some of the things kind of alarming. I had almost every one of the warning signs. But it was still shady on what it actually feels like to be one, before onset and during. I've had a real psychotic reaction before while tripping, but it was after tripping on robitussin for 6 days in a row. There are many others things wrong with me but there are so many that I can't even begin to talk about it. I'm certain that I have chemical imbalances and judging by what I learned in my abnormal psych class the second day, I have the four D's of a mental disorder.... I think I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder years ago. I need help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?

Loc: Nowhere fast
Re: schizophrenia [Re: ]
    #875518 - 09/10/02 06:20 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Hey, anything is possible.. but I've noticed that most people (except maybe hardcore bible-thumpers or other such "straight and narrow" types who are convinced otherwise) realize that they exhibit some if not all signs of some sort of condition..

My grandfather loved to tell a story about the war, where these two guys tried to get dismissed from service by claiming insanity, and they were denied. The Doc told 'em "If you think you're crazy, you've got enough sense to know better."

Kinda bizzare, but it brings up an interesting point.. a lot of people who _do_ have a serious condition don't even know it, and would deny accusations of such wholeheartedly.

--------------------

Kumbayah my lord, Kumbayah...

OfflineDiscordja
Pope

Loc: Atlantic Canada
Re: schizophrenia [Re: Drink_Punk_Soda]
    #875567 - 09/10/02 06:38 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Quite. I think I read somewhere that one of the most tell-tale signs of insanity is your absolute conviction that you 're perfectly sane. Think about it; the common axe wielding psycho doesn't go on his organ-eating rampage if he's kinda iffy about right and wrong...he's CERTAIN that he's acting through the will of God when he wears his victim's appendix like a little beanie.

Just an example, you understand...

And, if you're taking a Psychology class, chances are you're just getting paranoid. Its common, some kind of psychosomatic-symptom-fear thing that makes the rounds with most Psych students at one time or another.

--------------------
Remember, it's only true if it makes you laugh...

OfflineTypingwords
Veteran Seasonal PNW Hunter
I'm a teapot

Loc: seattle-ish area, WA
Re: schizophrenia [Re: Discordja]
    #875851 - 09/10/02 10:02 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Don't worry, there is no such thing as schizophrenia. ANd every other anxiety "disorder" may very well be a load of crap also. If you read up on the "disease" you will find that the effects are exactly the same as when you're tripping. It is what happens when your kundalini energy suddenly awakens and you are not prepared either mentally or physically for the change in consciousness.

Do some research. DOn't buy into all this crap. I have taken drugs for schizophrenia and all they did was dull my awareness and supress my creative potential (for example I couldn't play guitar anymore because there was nothing in my head).

--------------------
everything everyone everywhere.
forever and ever

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #875974 - 09/11/02 01:58 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

read this book !!!!!!!!!!
reviewed here:
www.doctoryourself.com/review_hoffer_B3.html

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Anonymous

Re: schizophrenia [Re: gnrm23]
    #877553 - 09/11/02 09:43 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I have an awful diet. hmmm....

Well anyway.... if I was crazy, wouldn't I have dilated eyes permanently? What do dilated eyes look like exactly?

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
    #877640 - 09/11/02 10:08 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

i learned in my psych class that schizophrenia is when the brain doesn't interpret the world correctly. Signals don't get directed properly or they are cycled through the brain and the imagination expands on the info. Schizos cant trust their senses and how they react to their world through their falty senses is what makes them seem crazy when in fact they are doing the best with what their senses provide them.

I think that it is an interesting concept that maybe schizos are really arent crazy they just are enlightened. maybe their "third eye" is pryed open or something.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #877689 - 09/11/02 10:23 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

dialated eyes----when the pupils get enlarged, like when i ma tripping, my eyes get so dialated that the pupil completly covers my brown, all you see is wite.... then black! kinda trippy in front of the mirror..... anyway, my aunt is a skitzo, perfectly fine with her meds, but once when i was 10, she stopped taking them for a few days, then broke every mirror in her house because she thought that the devil was spying on her through them.... to make things worse, she thought that I was the devil! it kinda got to me emotionally, i was 10 after all.....and im not sure if this is the reason, but every now and then when i am tripping, i grow horns...lol, not really of corse, but i see myself with them in the mirror.....first time this happened made for a horrible trip....now it just trips me out....lol

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Invisible905
Stranger

Re: schizophrenia [Re: wrestler_az]
    #877761 - 09/11/02 10:51 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Mirrors are bad when you are tripping.

Offlinedogkisser
E victim

Re: schizophrenia [Re: 905]
    #877777 - 09/11/02 10:57 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Here here, mirrors scared the shit owt of me once.
I had eaten 10-13g of MG seeds and when i looked in the mirror i have never had such an insane feeling.
I felt chemicals in my skin and could see weird shit going on, i truly felt like a drug.
(strange shit mirrors.)

--------------------
Once the doors of perception have been unlocked, Never again can they be locked, Only restricted..if one knows how...
http://www.angelfire.com/clone/hallucinogen/index.html

Drugs - Life

Anonymous

Re: schizophrenia [Re: wrestler_az]
    #877802 - 09/11/02 11:07 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

So maybe I don't have schizophrenia. But I still have a phobia of people that I don't know and it sucks.

Offlinedogkisser
E victim

#877854 - 09/11/02 11:30 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Maybe this be ye new home??

:grin: :smile: :grin: :smirk: :grin:

--------------------
Once the doors of perception have been unlocked, Never again can they be locked, Only restricted..if one knows how...

Drugs - Life

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

#878062 - 09/11/02 12:43 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

be scared, very scared!!! lol, thats nothing to worry about...... im scared of people i dont know also, especially when they keep sending me notes that are made up of cut up magazines saying they want to take my severed head to prom.....

--------------------
how's your WOW?

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #878259 - 09/11/02 01:57 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I wouldn't worry about it. There's a very real danger of "physician suggested illness" that's when your doctor tells you something or you read something in a book and start convincing yourself you have it. You can do it with pretty much every disease in the book - and mental illness is probably the most easiest to "prove".

You read that psychotics are depressed and you go "Well, i've been depressed....i must be psychotic!!".

Just relax. If you're concerned to and see a professional and share your concerns with him.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over
Re: schizophrenia [Re: 905]
    #879698 - 09/12/02 03:35 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

What do you mean mirrors are bad when you're tripping?
I love mirrors when I'm tripping.
On moderate doses of psilocybe mushrooms, I love to look in the mirror..
watched myself turn into Satan once, that was .. neat ...

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
Re: schizophrenia [Re: Brugman]
    #879728 - 09/12/02 03:44 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Discordja: ?one of the most tell-tale signs of insanity is your absolute conviction that you 're perfectly sane.?

Typingwords: ?Don't worry, there is no such thing as schizophrenia. ANd every other anxiety "disorder" may very well be a load of crap also.?

LOL. Gotta love it.

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Re: schizophrenia [Re: Brugman]
    #880300 - 09/12/02 09:58 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

ya, i love the mirrors too, thats why im allways in them...... but it just kind flips me out when i see the horns grow :shocked: lol 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

OfflineChikhai
Loc: Florida
    #881308 - 09/13/02 12:38 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Sitting here reading this with two minds going at once. One mind, my mind, my front mind (most of the time) simply wants to come here, read, reply, learn a little, relax, enjoy the always interesting shroomery forums. The second mind is off busily unraveling the mysteries of everything, seeing every little thing that no on else can see. The things my second mind comes up with scares the shit out of me sometimes. Well, I'm so jaded to it I simply don't listen. Am I schizo? Maybe, but I just came to this conclusion last night after having an emotional breakdown at a friends house. I guess medically I could be a Severely Depressed Schizophrenic w/ Severe Social and General Anxiety. My search for truth within the world has led me towards myself has led me to places in my being I never wanted to see. Truth and happiness are very powerful things, make sure you're prepared before you ask for them.

--------------------
"I see!" said the blind man to his deaf wife.

Edited by Chikhai (09/13/02 12:40 AM)

Anonymous

#881602 - 09/13/02 07:59 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Offlinedogkisser
E victim

Re: schizophrenia [Re: Chikhai]
    #881657 - 09/13/02 08:27 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I am a schiz......last night........i ate a full box of matchsticks......after which.....i lit a fart........(other mind suggested this)........and BOOM.....my ring enflamed.......I need....hel...p......I need help.....or maybe just some cream...

--------------------

Drugs - Life

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract