Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Web delivers new worry for parents: Digital drugs
    #8739842 - 08/07/08 04:44 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

link

We all know that music can alter your mood. Sad songs can make you cry. Upbeat songs may give you an energy boost. But can music create the same effects as illegal drugs?

This seems like a ridiculous question. But websites are targeting your children with so-called digital drugs. These are audio files designed to induce drug-like effects.

All your child needs is a music player and headphones.

Understanding binaural beats

There are different slang terms for digital drugs. They're often called "idozers" or "idosers." All rely on the concept of binaural beats.

It is incorrect to call binaural beats music. They're really ambient sounds designed to affect your brain waves.

For binaural beats to work, you must use headphones. Different sounds are played in each ear. The sounds combine in your brain to create a new frequency. This frequency corresponds to brain wave frequencies.

There are different brain wave frequencies. These frequencies are related to different states like relaxation and alertness.

Digital drugs supposedly synchronize your brain waves with the sound. Hence, they allegedly alter your mental state.

Binaural beats create a beating sound. Other noises may be included with binaural beats. This is intended to mask their unpleasant sound.

Different types of digital drugs

Some sites provide binaural beats that have innocuous effects. For example, some claim to help you develop extrasensory powers like telepathy and psychokinesis.

Other sites offer therapeutic binaural beats. They help you relax or meditate. Some allegedly help you overcome addiction or anxiety. Others purport to help you lose weight or eliminate gray hair.

However, most sites are more sinister. They sell audio files ("doses") that supposedly mimic the effects of alcohol and marijuana.

But it doesn't end there. You'll find doses that purportedly mimic the effects of LSD, crack, heroin and other hard drugs. There are also doses of a sexual nature. I even found ones that supposedly simulate heaven and hell.

Do digital drugs work?

Many are skeptical about the effects of digital drugs. Few scientific studies have been conducted on binaural beats. However, a Duke University study suggests that they can affect mood and motor performance.

Dr. Nicholas Theodore, a brain surgeon at Barrow Neurological Institute in Phoenix, said there is no real evidence that idosers work. But he noted that musical preference is indicative of emotional vulnerability. Trying idosers could indicate a willingness to experiment with drugs and other dangerous behavior.

Theodore added that idosers are another reason to monitor kids' Internet usage. And, he said, kids need frank talks with their parents about correct choices.

"I suspect this 'Pied Piper' phenomenon will pass rapidly and quietly," he said.

Online, many people have posted their experiences with digital drugs. They tout the effectiveness of binaural beats.

Or, go to YouTube. You'll see videos of teens experimenting with digital drugs. You can decide for yourself if binaural beats induce drug-like effects.

Companies that sell digital drugs take both sides of the argument. They say that the doses are extremely powerful. Some are recommended only for experienced users.

But they often hedge their bets. Some users may be immune to binaural beats, they say. They also say the situation must be right to feel the effects.

Should you worry about digital drugs?

Companies that sell digital drugs claim they're safe. Supposedly, they won't affect your physical health.

Let's think about this for a moment. The sites claim binaural beats cause the same effects as illegal drugs. These drugs impair coordination and can cause hallucinations. They've caused countless fatal accidents, like traffic collisions.

If binaural beats work as promised, they are not safe. They could also create a placebo effect. The expectation elicits the response. Again, this is unsafe.

At the very least, digital drugs promote drug use. Some sites say binaural beats can be used with illegal drugs.

The sites also look favorably on the effects of illegal drugs. So, talk to your children. Make sure they understand the dangers of this culture. It could be a small jump from digital drugs to the real thing.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebeebop
Nasty Prisms My Good Sir
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: My DeLorean
Re: Web delivers new worry for parents: Digital drugs [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #8739858 - 08/07/08 04:47 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

My friend tried one of these out for weed and mushrooms, he said he didnt feel anything...:shrug:

--------------------
"If human beings were shown what they're really like, they'd either kill one another as vermin, or hang themselves."
-Aldous Huxley

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
    #8739861 - 08/07/08 04:48 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

all placebo, i have ALL of the beats from idoser including 'hand of god'.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

OfflineMarioTrip
since84
Male

Loc: 69 w/ you
Re: Web delivers new worry for parents: Digital drugs [Re: highdroponics]
    #8739936 - 08/07/08 05:12 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

The author who wrote this truly struggled to find a dangerous topic to write about, didn't he?

--------------------
I'm Livin' It, distribute it
The streets are inhibited
By cut throat niggas just like me
that out there getting dividends

OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

#8739958 - 08/07/08 05:17 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

The author of that article is a gigantic tool.

--------------------
My name is Mud

Invisiblegolden1
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: north korea
Re: Web delivers new worry for parents: Digital drugs [Re: highdroponics]
    #8739968 - 08/07/08 05:19 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

haha I hate when people say they feel effects from these. most I've gotten is a headache and I have really good
headphones. who knows, maybe it works for some people. I've never seen anyone who has experience with drugs say
it works at all.

the two presets that were cool were the lucid dreaming(helped, not that amazing) one and the theta
sleep(this one actually made me more awake the next day consistently) one for bwgen. none of the drug ones though

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
Re: Web delivers new worry for parents: Digital drugs [Re: golden1]
    #8739970 - 08/07/08 05:20 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

the mythbusters proved shit like this does not work.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

Offlinelinx88
Seeker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: Web delivers new worry for parents: Digital drugs [Re: DragonChaser]
    #8739976 - 08/07/08 05:22 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

lol, i use these when i need a  little assistance sleeping. they're very mellow but nothin remotely fun

--------------------

Invisibleunknown1123
Experimental

Re: Web delivers new worry for parents: Digital drugs [Re: linx88]
    #8740058 - 08/07/08 05:49 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

idoser has been around for awhile :crazy2:

--------------------

OfflineAsAboveSoBelow
The matrix has you

Re: Web delivers new worry for parents: Digital drugs [Re: unknown1123]
    #8740065 - 08/07/08 05:52 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

look! a blonde woman wrote that article

--------------------

You're gonna get hurt real bad :smile:

They that sow the wind, shall reap the whirlwind

OfflinefreeDOOM
Stranger then you
Male

Loc: New York, USA
Re: Web delivers new worry for parents: Digital drugs [Re: AsAboveSoBelow]
    #8740145 - 08/07/08 06:11 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I tried it too, it was loud, annoying "music" with no effect.
why is usatoday wasting their time with this bullsh*t?

--------------------

InvisibleSleepyF0x
I bleed nicotine...
Male

Re: Web delivers new worry for parents: Digital drugs [Re: AsAboveSoBelow]
    #8740154 - 08/07/08 06:13 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

rofl, i ODed on digital drugs, oh no!

--------------------
Everybody's a ninja...

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #8740174 - 08/07/08 06:18 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Oh for Chris'sake! Don't tell me some looney is campaigning against that! :foreheadslap:

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

Re: Web delivers new worry for parents: Digital drugs [Re: Le_Canard]
    #8740231 - 08/07/08 06:35 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

For God's sake, wont somebody think of the children!!!!!!!!!!!!111!

OfflineElectricLand
certified bong hitter
Male

Loc: NJ
Re: Web delivers new worry for parents: Digital drugs [Re: Entropymancer]
    #8740267 - 08/07/08 06:43 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Hi my names electricland, and im addicted to binaural beats

--------------------
"I can't remember yesterday. I smoke my head off. I smoke weed all the damn time." -Keith Richards

Offlineoxalic32
Male
Loc: .
Re: Web delivers new worry for parents: Digital drugs [Re: ElectricLand]
    #8740413 - 08/07/08 07:20 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I think i tried the binatural beat for headache cause thats all i got :frown:

Invisiblemofo
Hobby Jingoist

Loc: Donkey Kong Kill Screen
Re: Web delivers new worry for parents: Digital drugs [Re: oxalic32]
    #8740428 - 08/07/08 07:25 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Who are all these hysterical parents who are eating up this bullshit by the shovel-full?  They obviously write these articles for someone.

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: Web delivers new worry for parents: Digital drugs [Re: mofo]
    #8740578 - 08/07/08 07:57 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

ZOMG!  digital drugs?  for the love of christ, someone please save the children! 

--------------------

OfflineTwiggs
paintballa
Male User Gallery

Re: Web delivers new worry for parents: Digital drugs [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #8743144 - 08/08/08 09:48 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

i cant wait to see tomorrows headlines "war on drugs" DEA bust another binarial beats lab. o it was an intense setup they had, computers, cd's everywhere, suspects will receive 3 years to 25 years for producing and distribution of the beats.

Offlinepublicenemy1
Dr. Funkenstein
Male

Loc: Cumberland Mine Flag
Re: Web delivers new worry for parents: Digital drugs [Re: Twiggs]
    #8744612 - 08/08/08 02:42 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

tried it but nothing really happened, if it did it was all placebo.  this article is complete and utter bullshit.

--------------------
BE HERE NOW

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds