Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Album review- The Who "Sells Out"
    #873656 - 09/10/02 03:23 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Today I will review the album The Who "Sells Out". It was released in the most psychedelic of all years in music history, 1967.

This album starts out on a really good note. The first song "Armenia City In The Sky" is the most psychedelic song on the album, and my personal favorite. It's got bending guitar notes, psychedelic sound effects, and positive lyrics. BTW, it's the only song on the original album that The Who did not write(bonus tracks have been added recently). The second song "Mary Anne With The Shaky Hand" is another good song. It has a great 60's tripped out feel to it. After those tracks, the album get's further away from the type of album i'd like to trip to. "Odorono" is about a girl who loses a guy because she didn't use the right kind of deodorant. "I Can See For Miles" is the only hit here, and is at least the second best song on the album. It's a psychedelic song, but the lyrics are all about a guy who's going to get some kind of revenge on his unfaithful girlfriend by using psychedelics(?). That's not the kind of message I want to be playing in my head when i'm tapping into my unconcious mind. The rest of the songs are pretty good, but some are slow and slightly sappy love songs, and I don't want to hear that when i'm tripping either. The song "Silas Stingy" is in my opinion the only song on the album that I would call "bad". It's annoying, and boring, even though it seems to poke fun at people who are obsessed with money, which is a good message.

I personally wouldn't trip to more than a few songs on this cd, but it's a good cd to smoke to. It's a good cd to listen to sober and/or listen to driving as well. The Who "Sells Out" get's 3 1/2 stars from me. What do you think about it?

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekaptain_karma
We're all inthis together
Loc: the jolly old land of Oz
Re: Album review- The Who "Sells Out" [Re: Learyfan]
    #876676 - 09/11/02 05:01 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I like Quadrophenia or Tommy when I trip. However, Who's Next is by far their best album IMHO.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: Album review- The Who "Sells Out" [Re: kaptain_karma]
    #879466 - 09/12/02 01:17 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Im a big fan of the who. I dig all their tunes and im listening to em now. As i kid i kinda grew up with them from my mom and dad listening to them. Tommy and Who's Next are my favorites.

I went the who concert at polaris in columbus ohio. I must say with only half of the originals left they still kicked ass and played great. One of my best concerts ive been to recently.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: Album review- The Who "Sells Out" [Re: baraka]
    #879475 - 09/12/02 01:20 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Was Townsend still buggering all of the male groupies? hehe :wink:

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada
Re: Album review- The Who "Sells Out" [Re: kaptain_karma]
    #881848 - 09/13/02 10:11 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Quadrophenia was the seminal album when i was growning up(that process is FAR from complete by now anyway). I relate to everything from the insecurities of the main characeter re peer group approval and/or lack thereof) to his lack of confidence with girls.......his attempt to imitate life:"upper or downers, either way blood flows...to his getting a shiity job at a hotel to his laying on the beach high on gin "rememmbering when stars were within reach".......a beautiful album, and one that made me feel even at 18 that there was someone else who understood that these concerns/insecurities of teenagers trying to adjust/fit in to a world that they did not make or understand were timeless..........a cathedral of an album by one the the GR8est thinking/insightful minds in the pantheon of rock:(Peter Townsend):"a beach is the place where a man can feel he's the only soul on the earths that's real".........

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

Invisible905
Stranger

Re: Album review- The Who "Sells Out" [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #881894 - 09/13/02 10:42 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Gee maybe you will figure out where I got my name.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom