Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejaytonbye
Stranger
need help quitting dmx
    #8723366 - 08/04/08 09:46 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Hey guys, a really good friend of mine is struggling with a dxm addiction.

He knows that it is very bad for him, and that it will eventually kill him and he wants to quit. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for an easier way to get through the detox period.

he has been taking about 28 coricidin per day for 2.5 years now. he has never been able to stay clean for more than 5 days. He says the detox got tougher up to day 5 but he's never made it to day 6.

I really appreciate any help you guys can give me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineanyone420
mad buddah abuser
 User Gallery

Re: need help quitting dmx [Re: jaytonbye]
    #8723374 - 08/04/08 09:49 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

thats mad retarded

tripping on tripple cs for 2.5 years straight ?  does his brain even work any more

--------------------
for all y’all niggaz out there that be puffin shit
when the music go on, y’all listen to this alright

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: land of the free
    #8723444 - 08/04/08 10:07 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

dxm addiction? Don't worry, you will grow out of it when you turn 14.

--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley
:drooling:GIVE ME OPIATES OR GIVE ME DEATH:drooling:

OfflineWeedyWonka
Pirate Kitten
Male User Gallery

Re: need help quitting dmx [Re: anyone420]
    #8723445 - 08/04/08 10:07 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Get him to buy some bud and get him really high. Once he gets really paranoid tell him that all the pharmacies have a data base that keeps track of how often you buy any OTC medicine and that the Fed's was questioning you about him.

J/K

I smoked tobacco for a long time then I finally decided to quit because I realized I was buying myself cancer every time I bought a pack. It was really hard to quit I still crave them everyday, but I know it isn't a healthy choice. So he really just needs to get some determination under his belt and quit. Try giving him info on how bad it really is for your liver and such.

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: need help quitting dmx [Re: WeedyWonka]
    #8723457 - 08/04/08 10:12 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Thats wild, I cant even imagine getting addicted to that sh1t >.<

If he really wants to quit.... he needs to stop buying dxm containing products.

If he is serious..... maybe you could raid his house everytime you visit, or spend 5 days str8 with him getting high on weed, maybe a camping trip?

The suckiest part about the whole thing of any addiction....... They simply AINT gonna quit until THEY decide to. You could do whatever you want to help, but in the end...... it will come down to wether or not he chooses to take it again.

P.S. dont let him try crack or opiates or anything else that has high addiction potential.

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: New York Flag
Re: need help quitting dmx [Re: Shad0w]
    #8723477 - 08/04/08 10:20 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, he'll only quit when he's ready to quit. Maybe NA meetings (as bad as it sounds) might help. Or a detox program...It all depends on how serious he is about this. If he's just saying he wants help, but won't do any work for it then there's no point in trying.

Breaking an addiction is hard work, and unless someone is willing to put in the work, there's no point in YOU going out of your way to help him. It's a waste of your effort and time.

Edit: I know it's hard to sit and watch your friend be addicted to something like this. It sucks, especially since you want to help him get over it, and he's not putting forth the effort. I have a friend who's addicted to xanex, percs, etc. - it sucks to watch him go on binges where he's practically dead because he took 6 2mg xanex, and 8 10mg percs. Where all he could do is moan, and barely stand. Sits in a chair with his head slumped over, passed out with a bowl in his hand. Smoking the weed because he needs to feel better because he took too much, and then he admits it in a mumble... "took too much... i took too much" as he pulls the bowl to his mouth just to pass out before taking the hit.

yeah man... it sucks.

Edited by Platinum (08/04/08 10:23 AM)

Offlinethedeadlydie
Stranger
    #8723731 - 08/04/08 11:31 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Due to the typo in your threads subject box, I have a question. WHERE DA HOOD AT? Also of all things why would he be eating tripple c's. Seriously, just buy some pure DXM if you MUST eat it every single fucking day.

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: need help quitting dmx [Re: thedeadlydie]
    #8723769 - 08/04/08 11:39 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

thedeadlydie said:
Due to the typo in your threads subject box, I have a question. WHERE DA HOOD AT? Also of all things why would he be eating tripple c's. Seriously, just buy some pure DXM if you MUST eat it every single fucking day.

nooo, just grow up and don't do it at all.....!!!

Offlinethedeadlydie
Stranger
Re: need help quitting dmx [Re: Platinum]
    #8723793 - 08/04/08 11:43 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

That's apparently to hard for some people. I'm just saying, if he seriously has to act like such a fool, there is no reason to be eating triple c's of all things.

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#8723801 - 08/04/08 11:44 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Just because DXM is easy to obtain doesn't mean it is a lesser drug than, say, LSD or mushrooms. Way to be open minded and accepting, Shroomery.

--------------------

Offlineanyone420
mad buddah abuser
 User Gallery

Re: need help quitting dmx [Re: thedeadlydie]
    #8723806 - 08/04/08 11:45 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

logic tells us that

someone dumb enough to overdose on tripple c's

every day for 3 years

wouldn't have the mental capacity to at least do some harm reduction on their 'addiction'

--------------------

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: need help quitting dmx [Re: LSDreamer]
    #8723850 - 08/04/08 11:54 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

LSDreamer said:
Just because DXM is easy to obtain doesn't mean it is a lesser drug than, say, LSD or mushrooms. Way to be open minded and accepting, Shroomery.

It's very damaging to your body, moreso than other drugs. It's just something young kids do, not a grown person.

I'm not sure, and can't find any sources on this but I was told (again... I don't know if this is true or not) that DXM works by basically making your liver stop working. This allows the toxins that your liver normally cleanses to run through your body. This is what makes you "trip" - Anyone know what exactly DXM does to your body that makes you trip?

Offlinejaytonbye
Stranger
    #8723863 - 08/04/08 11:56 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

for all of you guys calling my friend an idiot... he's 25 years old... he started doing them at 23 because he was told that they aren't that bad for you being that they are OTC. he didn't know, he knows now. He's already tried to quit but really struggles going through the detox period.

he's a cop and he gets drug tested so smoking weed to get through it isn't an option.... how bout alcohol? pain killers? vitamins? a straight jacket? or should I just tell him his only option is to not be a pussy and suck it up.

please post info on how to beat the detox period instead of posts calling my friend an idiot.

OfflineThe_Ghost
ゴースト

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USG Ishimura Flag
    #8723864 - 08/04/08 11:56 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

anyone420 said:
logic tells us that

someone dumb enough to overdose on tripple c's

every day for 3 years

wouldn't have the mental capacity to at least do some harm reduction on their 'addiction'

Seriously, this is just ridiculous.

--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

OfflineShamanintraining
Junkhead
Male

Loc: Rough Raleigh Flag
Re: need help quitting dmx [Re: WeedyWonka]
    #8723892 - 08/04/08 12:02 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

wmb81387 said:
Get him to buy some bud and get him really high. Once he gets really paranoid tell him that all the pharmacies have a data base that keeps track of how often you buy any OTC medicine and that the Fed's was questioning you about him.

That reminds me of this one time some of my friends and I were really high and went to a pizza place.  One of my friends ordered a stromboli and didn't tell them what he wanted in it. So I told him I took my beard shavings and told the cook that I'd give him 5 bucks if he put the hair into the stromboli. I egged him on the entire time the thing was being cooked and he eventually got really mad at me and attempted to hit me. 

As for your friend quitting DXM, I'd say the camping idea is pretty good.  If he can't get to the drug he will eventually break the addiction.

--------------------

"Leave your mind alone and just get high"

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: need help quitting dmx [Re: The_Ghost]
    #8723894 - 08/04/08 12:02 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

dmx is an ok rapper

--------------------

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: need help quitting dmx [Re: The_Ghost]
    #8723899 - 08/04/08 12:02 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

in all honesty it will eventually get old but if hes using triple C's you should get him on to Etracted,syrup or pure. cause if he stays on that hes probally gona have a heart attack. if i could help someone quit this girl i knew wouldnt of died a few weeks ago. people are who they are and will do what they will do you can only make so much of a differance

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: lost in nothing Flag
    #8723905 - 08/04/08 12:03 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Platinum said:
Quote:

LSDreamer said:

It's very damaging to your body, moreso than other drugs. It's just something young kids do, not a grown person.

I'm not sure, and can't find any sources on this but I was told (again... I don't know if this is true or not) that DXM works by basically making your liver stop working. This allows the toxins that your liver normally cleanses to run through your body. This is what makes you "trip" - Anyone know what exactly DXM does to your body that makes you trip?

you're full of it bub, lots of adults do dxm.  i used to do it a lot, but recently i've ran into a few g's of pure powder.  i posted about it once here but everyone on this damn site is so snobbish people laughed it off.  dxm is no mushrooms or lsd, nobody is trying to claim that.  it can be however the most pleasent/strange drugs out there.

and i have a very hard time believing your "fact."  dxm is metabolized fine by your liver.  some people lack an enzyme that aids in the metabolic processes though (and therefore the experience usually sucks a lot for them)

so really i think this thread has a very serious OP and you dxm haters just need to step the fuck back and let someone who knows how to deal with a problem like this step up.

Offlineanyone420
mad buddah abuser
 User Gallery

Re: need help quitting dmx [Re: thedudenj]
    #8723914 - 08/04/08 12:04 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

a 25 year old cop has been addicted to cough medicine for years ?

this couldn't get any more ridiculous

and ironic

that a fucking cop drinks cough syrup every day

good thing they aren't entrusted to protect everyone else

not that i think they even do that

--------------------

Invisiblemarbletulip
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8723961 - 08/04/08 12:12 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

This is so strange i was thinking of how i wanted to write up a post just like this. The only differences are my friend drinks like two bottles of DM a day and he is a little bit older. Yes i am very aware of how sad it is but i still care for the guy so productive advice would be nice.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract