Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: extraction from mushrooms- everclear? methanol? denatured alcohol? MEK?
    #87132 - 08/04/00 05:22 AM (23 years, 7 months ago)

denatured is fine make sure it is above 95% and clear. do not get red methylated spirit! if it is dryed it is safe. dont waste the good everclear!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
Re: extraction from mushrooms- everclear? methanol? denatured alcohol? MEK? [Re: blackout]
    #87134 - 08/04/00 06:16 AM (23 years, 7 months ago)

Would ethanol extraction from a (possibly) contaminated mushroom be harmful?

seems to me that most toxins are broken down in alchohol, hence its use as a disinfectant.

Kid

InvisibleCondi1
old hand
Re: extraction from mushrooms- everclear? methanol? denatured alcohol? MEK? [Re: blackout]
    #87136 - 08/05/00 01:24 AM (23 years, 7 months ago)

See post in Cultivation..... Will probably get more replies in 'General Questions' or 'Other Drugs' topics. :wink:
Peace

Anonymous

#87137 - 08/05/00 02:56 PM (23 years, 7 months ago)

4OR5 acetoxy-MET> 4OR5 MET>4OR5 methoxy-DET>4 or 5 5-acetoxy-DMT

IF you know anything about cem you should understand this, hell i dont,.
I found this fomula on page that desribed how to extract psilcin from psilocybin.
Its says to hydrolyze the psilocybin.

maby it will make seance to you>

Invisibletokinshitload
t
    #87138 - 08/10/00 10:50 PM (23 years, 7 months ago)

you can buy 190 proof everclear,or other 190 proof alcohol from internetwines.com,search for 190 proof grain alcohol.Ive got a couple of bottles from them,great service,and since i live in california,this is the only way i can get it here.........

Anonymous

#87139 - 08/18/00 12:39 PM (23 years, 7 months ago)

quote:
Originally posted by Kid:
Would ethanol extraction from a (possibly) contaminated mushroom be harmful?

seems to me that most toxins are broken down in alchohol, hence its use as a disinfectant.

Kid

Alcohol kills bacteria, fungi, virii, etc... but doesn't necessarily destroy toxins. If a mushroom is contaminated, it's not worth your kidneys and/or liver to risk it. Toss it out and start again.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #87140 - 08/18/00 11:59 PM (23 years, 7 months ago)

In one source, methyl alcohol extraction can be followed using pentane. In another source (which I can't locate anywhere!) I remember
the use of acetic acid (somewhere between white vinegar and glacial strength). I once experimented with DMSO with only minimal (and maybe even placebo effect), after reading in The Electric Acid Kool-Aid Test, DMSO laced with LSD; put into a water-pistol, and squirted in the face of pursuing police! Instant peak - stopped 'em in their tracks. Fact or fiction?

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Anonymous

#87141 - 08/20/00 01:42 PM (23 years, 7 months ago)

Welp, I tried the everclear tek last week and the stuff was ready by the weekend. I am sorry to say that it didnt work for crap. Followed the PF instructions to the tee, not even a buzz from the stuff. Somewhere the alkaloids were lost in the process.

------------------
Alien's Shroom Tek: http://alientek.iwarp.com/

Anonymous

#87142 - 09/11/00 09:56 AM (23 years, 6 months ago)

OK, three things:
1)Everclear sucks for extraction. Don't waste your time.
2)Extraction with poisonous chemicals (such as methanol, which is hazardous in many ways, my favorite; it damages optic nerves and could blind you!) is dangerous unless you have a lot of chemistry epuipment and know how to use it. Also, aside from chemical supply houses, there is nowhere to obtain pure chemicals. DO NOT USE OVER THE COUNTER SOURCES OF SOME CHEMICALS (ex; HEET, which contains about 95% methanol.) If you don't know what else is in them, you could end up hurting yourself (and the boiling points for many OTC chemicals are much higher than the reagent or industrial grades available from chem houses.
3)If you really want to do an extraction, research ACID-BASE ALKALOID EXTRACTIONS.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag