Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Another Kettlebell Thread for the Truly Hard Core
    #8706450 - 07/31/08 08:47 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Is anyone here using kettlebells still? If so post your workout to compare notes.

Mine is as follows:
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I do Rite of Passage which is a clean and press workout consisting of 150 kettlebell clean and presses on the hard day with lesser numbers on the medium and easy days. I also do 12 min. of swings on the easy and medium days. I use a 32 kg bell.

Satuday and Thursdays I do barbell deadlifts. I do 10 sets of 5. My current workout weight is 325lb. I then do 7 kettlebell getups with a windmill at the top with a 32 kg bell followed by snatches. I will soon replace the deadlifts with the kettlebell VO2Max snatch protocol designed by Kenneth Jay for a conditioning phase. It is interval work with light kettlebells designed to raise ones work capacity.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Another Kettlebell Thread for the Truly Hard Core [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #8706453 - 07/31/08 08:48 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #8706808 - 07/31/08 11:06 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I'm in the middle of the RKC program minimum, I'm sure you are familiar with it.

I did quite a bit of work on form and technique before I started, and I repeated the first week a few times until my endurance was up to snuff.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Another Kettlebell Thread for the Truly Hard Core [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #8707047 - 07/31/08 12:11 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

The program minimum is a great starting point. Using ETK I went from a 16kg bell to a 32 in about 13 weeks.

--------------------

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

#8707692 - 07/31/08 02:08 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I'm amazed how light my 35-pounder feels now compared to when I got it.  You've sold me on KBs :thumbup:

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #8707771 - 07/31/08 02:25 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Is anyone here using kettlebells still? If so post your workout to compare notes.

I do 10 or 12 swings a day with a 25lb bell. Because of my super tight mental focus that is all that is required for Icelanders super strength. I'm so wiped out I have to take a nap and then get up for some super tasty protein shakes.

By the way this is all true and I'm not being a smart ass except about the super strength.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Re: Another Kettlebell Thread for the Truly Hard Core [Re: Icelander]
    #8707864 - 07/31/08 02:44 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I meditate with a kettlebell on my head for my super strength

--------------------

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #8707903 - 07/31/08 02:53 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

You should try them for Kegel exercises.  :naughty:

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Re: Another Kettlebell Thread for the Truly Hard Core [Re: Veritas]
    #8707909 - 07/31/08 02:54 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

:strokebeard:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around how I would do that

--------------------

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #8707913 - 07/31/08 02:55 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

:lol:  Just hang the handle on your "hook."

InvisibleNeon
Stranger
Male
    #8708458 - 07/31/08 04:54 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Just got my first two kettlebells a week ago, both 35 pounds.  At the moment I'm doing two sets of 20 swings, and two sets of five cleans using both kettlebells.  I also do farmer's walk twice until my arms or grip give out, usually it's my grip.  Having fun so far.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Another Kettlebell Thread for the Truly Hard Core [Re: Neon]
    #8708612 - 07/31/08 05:31 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Search this forum for the Enter the Kettlebell download and start that program. It is subtle and easy to start, but pays off big in a few months. I can't believe how fucking strong I have got. I feel years younger.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#8708619 - 07/31/08 05:32 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I do 10 or 12 swings a day with a 25lb bell. Because of my super tight mental focus that is all that is required for Icelanders super strength.

Then I must be a veritable god. I swing a 70lb bell about 260 times in a session right now. I believe I can swing a 53lb bell near infinity.

--------------------

Offlinesunflower
We're here....
Female User Gallery

#8708647 - 07/31/08 05:40 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Show off :tongue:

--------------------

Offlinefazdazzle
Wanderer

#8711660 - 08/01/08 11:27 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Sorry this doesn't relate to a routine, but I was just curious what the benefits of kettleball is over traditional weights?

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Another Kettlebell Thread for the Truly Hard Core [Re: sunflower]
    #8712571 - 08/01/08 02:20 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

sunflower said:
Show off :tongue:

Yes, we all like to be good a things and be appreciated for it. But I love Hue for much more then his kettlebell swings. (I love him for his handgrips also)

In fact I feel the same about Hue the first time I met him as I do now.:thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Edited by Icelander (08/01/08 02:21 PM)

Offlinesunflower
We're here....
Female User Gallery

#8713281 - 08/01/08 05:29 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Well... I love him for his knowledge of medieval Norse literature, and obscure trout fly names, along with the skills you mentioned.  Plus he is cute :naughty:

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Another Kettlebell Thread for the Truly Hard Core [Re: fazdazzle]
    #8713341 - 08/01/08 05:45 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Kettlebells use swinging motions and quick lifts as well as grinding lifts. The exercises are very ballistic. This provides a mix of resistance and conditioning. I easily run my heart rate into the 160s during a kettlebell workout. This type of exercise increases cell mitochondria producing a type of muscle fiber that has the qualities of both slow and fast twitch. You obtain results very rapidly if you are faithful about intense training. The downside is that is is very painful and intense...which you eventually come to love.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#8713345 - 08/01/08 05:46 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I love you right back. It is a shame it took me 42 years to meet my brother.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Another Kettlebell Thread for the Truly Hard Core [Re: sunflower]
    #8713355 - 08/01/08 05:49 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I have loved you for a really long time....and I don't plan on stopping anytime in the future.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder