Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHack
Stranger

CARLITO Manure recipe lost most moisture from pressure cooking
    #8698892 - 07/29/08 06:37 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I pressure cooked wronguys manure recipe with exact moisture content to field capacity in gallon jars for 2 hrs at 15 psi and lost most of my moisture.

Question:  Do the pros that sterilize horse manure recipes and inoculate with lc factor in moisture loss from pcing  and add back of liquid culture during inoculation when they hydrate these substrates?

If pressure cooked the correct way will substrates lose moisture from the process?

I have also experienced this moisture loss of 50 50 casings hydrated to field capacity before pcing.

after researching the boards, i found that i was not pcing correctly, keeping heat on high and not letting depressurize naturally.

I ran another small batch with proper pcing technique and still had significant moisure loss.

Any input is appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblejeetered
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: no clue
Re: CARLITO Manure recipe lost most moisture from pressure cooking [Re: Hack]
    #8699059 - 07/29/08 07:22 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

coz you don't pc bulk substrates.

ask rr

Offlinesomestupidnewbie
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8699083 - 07/29/08 07:29 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Any chance you have a link to that tek?  I'm interested in reading it, and if someone who knows their stuff wants to help you out it would probably help if they are looking at the exact recipe that you used.

--------------------

OfflinePsuper
Psilocybin

Loc: PNW
Re: CARLITO Manure recipe lost most moisture from pressure cooking [Re: somestupidnewbie]
    #8699203 - 07/29/08 07:59 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Substrates are supposed to be pasteurized, not sterilized.  And you don't inoculate substrates...you inoculate grain and than spawn this grain, when it is colonized, into your bulk substrate by either layering or mixing it in. :shineon: ~Pixie~

--------------------
Clinical Management of High Dose Psilocybin Sessions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbHOTIqjZLk

OfflineHack
Stranger

Re: CARLITO Manure recipe lost most moisture from pressure cooking [Re: somestupidnewbie]
    #8699211 - 07/29/08 08:01 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Yes it is under wronguys bags

i have been studying boards diligently for months now and it seems wronguy and blue Helix are very respected members here and they seem to have had great success with it cuz it is an above average substrate with a variety of other amendments in it. 

horse manure
vermiculite
wbs,
kelp meal
canola oil
water

being new to the forum I didnt feel like it was appropriate to pm wronguy.

Offlineunderdwg
Knowledge Seeker
Male

Loc: Gold Coast
    #8699265 - 07/29/08 08:13 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

my friends dog's sister's cat makes TONS of wronguy bags.. .. CARLITO BAGS.. not wronguy gallon jars. Are you tightening the lids all the way, are you leaving them loose?? Either way that tek is designed for filter patch spawn bags, not jars.

Offlineunderdwg
Knowledge Seeker
Male

Re: CARLITO Manure recipe lost most moisture from pressure cooking [Re: underdwg]
    #8699275 - 07/29/08 08:16 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

and yes.. some people sterilize their substrates and some people pasteurize. It's just a matter of preference and matter of opinion. My dog's sister's cat's uncle's cousin gets great results with just sterilizing Wronguy bags.  :omgawesome: so there.

Edited by underdwg (07/29/08 08:17 PM)

OfflineHack
Stranger

Re: CARLITO Manure recipe lost most moisture from pressure cooking [Re: underdwg]
    #8699642 - 07/29/08 09:33 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

yes, i did tighten the lids.

I started with the jars and modified the lids and had some success with grain, but i can see now that bags are the way to go, think i will order some!
will spawn bags with a filter patch lose their moisture?
does filter patch get wet during pressure cooking?

I am interested in not pasteurizing cuz i have had good luck with liquid culture and it would be great to not have to spawn grain>

thanks.

Offlineunderdwg
Knowledge Seeker
Male

#8699726 - 07/29/08 09:51 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

very odd. All I know is my dog's sister's cousin's monkey makes/uses Wronguy bags and throws em in it's 25X for 3 1/2 hours and they come out perfect. The monkey also folds the tops part w/ filter patch over (filter patch inside fold) and duck tapes it to the bag. works great!

One point here on moisture though.. maybe you are not actually losing moisture but it is being sucked up by the WBS during "cooking".  I assume you are adding the WBS to the mixture dry (no soak no simmer), correct?

OfflineHack
Stranger

#8699870 - 07/29/08 10:32 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

yeah, just added wbs dry.  I squeezed a handful after pc and nothing drip
ped out at all.  i don't know what adding 140 cc of culture will do.

I am going to try a few more runs with the jars and moisture content and see what happens till the bags arrive.

From reading the pasteruizing techs it seems like more of a pain to pasteruize and keep something at a very specific temperature for an hour and then wait for the spawn to colonize the pasteurized substrate for another 2 weeks.

I  jumped into the hobby right in the middle and skipped all the pf stuff, but researched for two months before I tried liquid culture and grain with moderate success. Now after struggling on and off with water content in the grain and some bacteria i am not interested in trying to fruit alot of rye. cambodian cultures were done in 4 to 5 days from a master and then colonized a gallon of grain in 5 days.
so if cultures are ready to go maybee no more than seven days to colonize one of these bags as opposed to making grain spawn for two weeks and then colonizing past bulk for an other two weeks and then fruit. Another plus, you can store in the fridge, not sure how colonized grain stores for any amount of time

sound like i'm preachin to the church choir though, i can tell you are sold.

thanks for the input

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder