Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejaycross
Stranger
first grow, a few noob questions
    #8690770 - 07/27/08 11:22 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

so i started my first grow a few days ago. 10 BRF jars with cambodians. its 5 days after inoculation and i see growth on every jar which is awesome.

now for my questions...

i am going to be leaving in 5 days for sturgis. i will be gone for 2 weeks. i am going to leave the jars in the hands of friends. they do not read these forums religiously like i do so i need to know what would be the absolute easiest way to fruit these. and which FC would work best?

do you think if i just left them in the jars for 3 weeks they would be ok or would they atart growin in the the jar? they are being kept in a closet where the temp stays about 80.

im sorry for the noob questions i just want some opinions on the best way to make this easy and successful in the hands of my friends.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJeets
Stranger

Re: first grow, a few noob questions [Re: jaycross]
    #8690797 - 07/27/08 11:26 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

your jars will probably be colonized 100% and ready to be birthed while you are away. I would go to walmart and buy a plastic basket with latches for your FC. Pick up some perlite while you are there in the gardening department and just fill her up and poke some holes in there.

Tell your friend when he can only see the myc. to just tap the jars out into the FC. Or, you could soak them in cold water to slow growth until you get back? Up to you really.

Invisibleavidpicker
funnycolorsinmymushrooms
 User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
    #8690829 - 07/27/08 11:33 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Keep those in the jars until you get back,they may not even be fully colonized when you get back,they should be though.As far as fruiting,birth,dunk for 24hours,roll in verm and put in fc.Any clear storage box will do.Put about 3in of soaked perlite in it and wait it out.Have a great time at sturgis too:thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineBrennus
Student of Life
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE United States Flag
Re: first grow, a few noob questions [Re: avidpicker]
    #8690890 - 07/27/08 11:45 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I wouldn't trust your uneducated pals with your babies. PF Jars need a few extra days after 100% surface colonization to consolidate their hold on the substrate anyway. Without light and fresh air exchange (which your jars won't get while stashed away in your closet)  your jars likely won't start pinning until they're birthed

OfflineBrandNewbie
Captain
Male

Loc: U.S.A.
Re: first grow, a few noob questions [Re: Brennus]
    #8690904 - 07/27/08 11:48 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I'd wait to. To bad you didn't start earlier, you could have been the Sturgis hero this year! lol :goodluck:

--------------------
Question: Why do women wear make-up and perfume? 
Answer: Because they're ugly and they stink.

OfflineMad River
Reverend, Churchof Todd
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Great Lakes Region, U...
    #8690905 - 07/27/08 11:48 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Just leave 'em in your closet while you'er gone. You should wait a week after 100% colonization to birth, anyway, and longer won't hurt.

Have fun!

OfflineCaptTrip
Captain
Male User Gallery

Re: first grow, a few noob questions [Re: avidpicker]
    #8690913 - 07/27/08 11:51 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

As everyone else has said, just leave them the way they are.

After two weeks, they will most likely be ready to be birthed, but depending on conditions it could even be a little longer than that. I would not trust them in the hands of anyone else anyway, especially if they haven't done their homework.

In most cases, the longer they sit in the jars and colonize, the faster they will fruit when you birth them anyway.

--------------------

:mushroomgrow: Cambodian Grow Log :mushroomgrow:

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Loc: Under The Rainbow
Re: first grow, a few noob questions [Re: CaptTrip]
    #8690933 - 07/27/08 11:56 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

They are fine just left alone. Usually it takes at best 2 weeks, and then usually you wait another week after the outside is fully colonized. Just be sure to try to have someone look to see when the outside is fully colonized so when you get back you know when to birth them bitches.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom