Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefoliocb
always running
Male

Yellow streak across jar.. contam or not?
    #8681868 - 07/25/08 09:02 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

ill upload a pic i took of it, its the top of the jar, a very faint yellow coloring almost at the border between the mmyc and the dry verm layer, PF BRF TEK jars. Yellow streak seems to grow in the fashion of mycelium, circlish and outward. Please let me know if this is a contam or not, its a quick growing jar and doesnt have a funky smell. thanks!

Edited by foliocb (07/25/08 09:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekleaver
myco-clown

Re: Yellow streak across jar.. contam or not? [Re: foliocb]
    #8681984 - 07/25/08 09:28 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

well. this should probably be in the contam forums... but, yellow usually happens with dehydration during incubation.  i cant tell from the picture but it looks more linear than epicentral.  my experience with yellowing from dehydration is that it stems from a point where they myc used up a bunch of water and the yellowign spreads out from that epicenter.  the fact that it is a streak doesn't make it a contam, but i'd be skeptical, especially since it's closer to the the verm layer where contam could have possibly gotten in.

i'd copy the post into the contam forum and see what people say. just thought i'd give you my thoughts. looks benign IMO.  GL

--------------------
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
-Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck