Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleRonPaulVerm
Piss Christ
Male

Sterilze Needle..........
    #8680390 - 07/25/08 01:18 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

i am using the inoculation method of an alcohol dipped gauze pad  held around the needle, and pressed against the jar as i inject the needle through the aluminum foil.
Is it okay to sterilize the needle with alcohol and not a flame or something? And has this method of inoculation been proven good because it looked to be a good one

--------------------
Spawn I Have: Blewitt, Reishi, Maitake, Chicken of the Woods, Parasol, Shaggy Mane, King, Blue and Gold Oyster, Shiitake, King Stropharia, Lions Mane, Almond Portabello, Elm Oyster, Phoenix Oyster, Nameko, Enoki, White Beech,

Spawn I Want: Corcyceps Sp., Cauliflower Mushrooms, Agaricus species (Portobello), Pink Oyster, Piopinno, ...anything else you might have

Primitive Skills                                     

Any information I've posted is only related to fictional purposes. I do not advocate growing any illegal mushrooms 
...I DO advocate learning about
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerobanero
β Lib
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in Tx
Re: Sterilze Needle.......... [Re: RonPaulVerm]
    #8680430 - 07/25/08 01:33 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

1st Welcome to The Shroomery.

2nd I only flame once between each cake and always wipe with 70% Iso after every hole.

3rd Take the foil off before you noc up. And if you have the foil under the lid, don't do that. That foil is supposed to be put over the lid to keep water from getting into the jar.

Happy growing.

--------------------

310 open cap Hawaiians grown a 1 pint WBSF cake.

SPAWN RATIO CALCULATOR

My Little Hawaiians

Spawn Bag Tek

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Sterilze Needle.......... [Re: robanero]
    #8680440 - 07/25/08 01:35 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Alcohol pads do nothing for the inside of the needle.  Flame sterilize until red hot.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinerobanero
β Lib
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in Tx
Re: Sterilize Needle.......... [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #8680996 - 07/25/08 04:28 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
Alcohol pads do nothing for the inside of the needle.  Flame sterilize until red hot.
RR

RR In no way am I suggesting he not flame sterilize the needle. Please don't get me wrong. This is assuming that the jars are PF jars. The needle should most definitely be flamed. I just do it between jars because whatever contam that may come from holes 1,2,3, or 4 is already in the jar. I flame after my 5th inoc of the jar so that there is no cross contamination.

I apologize for any confusion on my part.

--------------------

310 open cap Hawaiians grown a 1 pint WBSF cake.

SPAWN RATIO CALCULATOR

My Little Hawaiians

Spawn Bag Tek

InvisibleRonPaulVerm
Piss Christ
Male

Re: Sterilze Needle.......... [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #8688158 - 07/27/08 12:27 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Can i use a cigarette lighter flame. in your movies i believe you said NOT to? what are the dangers?

--------------------
Spawn I Have: Blewitt, Reishi, Maitake, Chicken of the Woods, Parasol, Shaggy Mane, King, Blue and Gold Oyster, Shiitake, King Stropharia, Lions Mane, Almond Portabello, Elm Oyster, Phoenix Oyster, Nameko, Enoki, White Beech,

Spawn I Want: Corcyceps Sp., Cauliflower Mushrooms, Agaricus species (Portobello), Pink Oyster, Piopinno, ...anything else you might have

Primitive Skills                                     

Any information I've posted is only related to fictional purposes. I do not advocate growing any illegal mushrooms 
...I DO advocate learning about
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

Invisiblegoop
Male User Gallery

Re: Sterilze Needle.......... [Re: RonPaulVerm]
    #8688178 - 07/27/08 12:34 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

there's no problem using a cigarette lighter to sterilize your syringe needle. there are no dangers in doing so. :mushroom2:

--------------------
whats this man saying?

Invisiblepsylopsycho
Motivational Speaker
Male

Loc: The Tundra
Re: Sterilze Needle.......... [Re: goop]
    #8688185 - 07/27/08 12:37 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

There are no dangers. Just a little cumbersome lighting a BIC while wearing gloves. You also risk ripping the glove.

Alcohol lamps are cheap, and easy to use.

Good Luck

--------------------

Someone actually said: "some 1 told me to try long brown rice and water and vermiculite and pressure cook for 1 hour i did but nothing happen that is y was wonting to no if i need spores ""

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag