Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous #1

stomach fat
    #8669126 - 07/22/08 08:03 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I am a pretty well built guy. My face isn't chubby and my limbs are toned and averagely muscular. but I have a beer gut.
for the last 5 months I have had a very vigorous sex life (5-6 times a night 3 times a week at least) which has helped me lose my love handles and make the gut smaller. With all this hunching I can feel that my abs are badass and ripped.

I just want to get rid of my belly. I don't need to work out anything else really. so what is the best way to get rid of stomach fat?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: stomach fat [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #8669171 - 07/22/08 08:16 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Lower your caloric intake (read: beer intake).

I saw my gut startin' to grow after downing ridiculous amounts of :beer: each night for years.

Now I only down semi-ridiculous amounts of beer, and certainly not everyday, in conjunction with at least 30 minutes of cycling three times a week, as well as other various walking activity. 

And sheesh, 5-6 rounds of vigorous sex in a night!  Where do I sign up (as if I could even go that many rounds anymore!)?  :tongue2:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #8669339 - 07/22/08 09:02 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Fat is lost over the whole body, so even if your focus is on your gut, the fat comes off evenly all around. Beer has been one of my weaknesses too.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: stomach fat [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #8669450 - 07/22/08 09:34 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Abs are made in the kitchen.

That is ofcourse if you are a skinny teenager with ripped abs.  If you don't have 'em already, only a strict diet is going to get you there.

I have lost my 6-pack due to 6-packs.  It sucks.  But summer and work = beer.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Offlinefrushi
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: stomach fat [Re: Ginseng1]
    #8669563 - 07/22/08 10:08 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah I wouldn't call that a vigorous sex life, but an insane one! ??? :thumbup:

Gotta agree with the caloric intake, or try eating smaller quantities more often.

Offlinebobby177
shroom shroom
Male

Re: stomach fat [Re: frushi]
    #8673076 - 07/23/08 06:28 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

HIIT and a strict diet should definitely get you there

Offlinejomama
Loc: pasadena, ca
Re: stomach fat [Re: bobby177]
    #8675121 - 07/24/08 04:17 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

My sister and her husband swear by the south beach diet.  And actually, they advertise losing belly fat first.  I think first week is similar to an atkins low carb diet.  No carbs, no booze, than in the following weeks, you can reintroduce fruits and hearty whole grains.  My parents are diabetic [type 2],  and my sister wants me to help introduce it to them.

I cant seem to give up the booze...But i hear its great.  Give it 2 months.  My sis, who isnt huge, says she'll lose 3 lbs in the first 2 weeks.  That's the first of 3 phases in the diet.

You might want to check the book out of the library and give it a shot, it has recipies, etc.

--------------------

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
Re: stomach fat [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #8678956 - 07/25/08 01:25 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
Fat is lost over the whole body, so even if your focus is on your gut, the fat comes off evenly all around. 

Exactly. Theres nothing you can do to get rid of fat in just one area of your body (unless you go for liposuction...).

Also your genetics play a role in where you body chooses to store its fat.
Some people naturally store more fat around their gut that other parts of their body.
And I cant remember exactly, but something about stomach fat in general is harder for the body to break down, so your body tends to break stomach fat down slower...

So, what Im saying is, dont ask how to lose stomach fat, just ask to lose fat. :tongue2:
Eat healthy, NO SODA! and plenty of exercise.
And go easy on late night meals, at the end of the day is usually when your body is in its lowest metabolic state (aka: when it stores the most fat rather than burning it).

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: stomach fat [Re: eligal]
    #8679393 - 07/25/08 07:21 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

it doesnt actually burn off slower around the stomach, it just appears that way since that is generally the first place your body stores it, first place to store fat is the last place to lose fat, i just seems longer because around the midsection is where the majority of fat is stored.

and as said before, nothing outside of good old fashioned rigorous exercise on a regular basis will get rid of it, unless you want to go the cheap retarded method and get lipo.  but then you just remove the fat, not the habits that led you to gain that fat.

if you want to lose fat just follow this:

• eat healthy, this means no fast food, no soda, in fact, avoid sugar at all costs. eat wholesome foods. home cooked foods, fresh fruits and veggies.
  • exercise no less than 4-6 days a week. no less than 30 mins each day. 45-60 mins is preferable. make it a point to sweat heavily when you exercise, if youre not sweating good, then youre not working hard enough.
  • sleep well. 7-8 hours a night. no more, no less.  a well rested body functions more efficiently than one that has not recieved enough sleep.
  • do not eat after 7-8pm. unless you have an odd schedule that has you active at night.
  • eat smaller meals more frequently. 5 small to medium meals a day is better than 3 large meals a day. and if you must skip a meal, skip dinner. never skip breakfast, it is the most important meal of the day and without it your metabolism gets off to a really weak start and your body has no fuel to get moving.
  • drink lots of water, tea, fresh fruit and veggie juices.
  • start your day with a grain cereal. no not frosted flakes, HEALTHY cereals like oatmeal, grits, or one of the healthier cereals like flax flakes or grape nuts or raisin bran.

--------------------

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #8679775 - 07/25/08 10:00 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

High levels of cortisol in the blood will target fat storage in the abdominal area.  If you are experiencing chronic stress in your life, find ways to either eliminate it or learn to shrug it off.  Deep breathing, progressive muscle relaxation, visualization exercises, adequate sleep and dancing may help you become more stress-resistant. 

If you find yourself overreacting to everyday stressors (traffic, long lines at the store, mistakes, etc...), it may be more effective to work on your interpretation of events.  "How to Stubbornly Refuse to Make Yourself Miserable," by Albert Ellis, is an excellent resource book for learning to dispute your habitual, irrational thoughts.

Additionally, excess belly fat may indicate diabetes or pre-diabetes.  If your diet is high in simple carbs, such as refined flour products & sugars, your pancreas gets exhausted from working overtime to lower your blood sugar level.  I recommend getting your blood sugar checked.  If you don't have insurance, you may be able to get this done very inexpensively at a health clinic or community health center.  In any case, cutting your simple carb intake to ZERO is a great idea!

Go for complex carbs like fruits, vegetables & whole grains, and start reading labels to spot the hidden sugars & starches.  You'd be amazed at how many products contain high-fructose corn syrup.  :eek:

InvisibleChronic7

#8679832 - 07/25/08 10:26 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Stretch stretch stretch, running & walking are good for the lower belly, swimming too as you stretch, do muscle & cardio all at the same time, i LOVE swimming so much!

Do exercises & feel with your hands when your lower belly is getting hard, then stick to that exercise, reading your own body is better then reading any exercise book imo, not to say it wont help but you gotta help yourself.

Beer is the killer for a gut, you could have the strongest abs in the world hidden behind a beer gut!

:peace:

--------------------

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Re: stomach fat [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #8682682 - 07/26/08 12:58 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

leftysurprise said:
it doesnt actually burn off slower around the stomach, it just appears that way since that is generally the first place your body stores it, first place to store fat is the last place to lose fat, i just seems longer because around the midsection is where the majority of fat is stored.

No no, I read somewhere that for a reason which I cant remember, abdominal fat was harder for the body to breakdown for whatever reason, and this is why the stomach is the first part to store fat and the last part to lose it.

DO some googling, Im sure youll stumble upon whatever I read eventually.

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"MolokoMilkPlus said:

"tactik said:
respect the can."

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
    #8682753 - 07/26/08 01:29 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Here we go:

http://www.womenfitness.net/yoga_abdomen.htm
Quote:

The most dangerous fat lies around the organs, deep within the belly.
The fat in the abdominal area functions differently than fat elsewhere in the body. It has a greater blood supply as well as more receptors for cortisol, a stress hormone. Cortisol levels rise and fall throughout the day, but when you're under constant stress, the amount of the hormone you produce remains elevated. With high stress and, consequently, high cortisol levels, more fat is deposited in the abdominal area since there are more cortisol receptors there.

http://www.caribbeanfitness.net/NEWSLETTER.html
Quote:

c)  Stress – As most of us know,  daily exercising is truly one of the best stress relievers you’ll ever find.  In addition, new
studies have indicated that high level of stress triggers more accumulation of fat in the abdominal area and that fat in this
area functions differently than fat elsewhere in the body. This area has greater blood supply as well as more receptor for
cortisol, a stress hormone. Consequently, with high stress and high cortisol levels, more fat is deposited in this area.

:thumbup:

Some other interesting articles:

http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/news/20080129/why-belly-fat-hurts-the-heart
Quote:

Why Belly Fat Hurts the Heart
Belly Fat, Also Called Visceral Fat, Boosts Inflammation and Atherosclerosis, Say Scientists Studying Mice
By Miranda Hitti
WebMD Health NewsReviewed by Louise Chang, MDJan. 29, 2008 -- Belly fat tucked deep inside your waistline may be worse for your arteries than fat padding the rest of your body.

That's according to University of Michigan scientists studying the health risks of abdominal fat, also called visceral fat.

Here's what Miina Ohman, MD, PhD, and colleagues learned from their lab tests in mice:

Belly fat appears to boost inflammation.
Belly fat is linked to worse atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries), which makes heart attacks more likely.
In those tests, some mice got a transplant of visceral fat. Other mice got a transplant of subcutaneous fat (which sits directly under the skin, not deep in the belly) or no fat transplant.

The bottom line: Visceral fat brought the most inflammation and the worst atherosclerosis.

After visceral fat transplantation, mice developed less severe atherosclerosis if their chow was laced with the diabetes drug Actos for 10 weeks. But Actos didn't affect atherosclerosis in other mice, and the researchers aren't ready to recommend any drugs for visceral fat.

Don't disregard the study, published online in Circulation, just because the tests were done in mice. Other studies have linked belly fat to health risks in people.

Belly fat does budge, but it takes work. Researchers have found that exercise is a must to get rid of belly fat. If you're not exercising already, check with your doctor before you start a new fitness plan.

http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/news/20070813/pot-bellies-may-signal-diseased-arteries
Quote:

Pot Belly May Signal Diseased Arteries
Waist-to-Hip Ratio May Be More Telling Than BMI, Study Shows
By Miranda Hitti
WebMD Health NewsReviewed by Louise Chang, MDAug. 13, 2007 -- The tape measure may beat the scale as a low-tech indicator of atherosclerosis, new research shows.

Atherosclerosis means the hardening of the arteries, which makes heart attacks and stroke more likely.

Doctors have sophisticated tools to search for signs of atherosclerosis. But a tape measure may give you a rough idea of your risk -- and if you've got a pot belly, watch out.

So say James de Lemos, MD, FACC, and colleagues at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas.

"We think the key message for people is to prevent accumulation of central fat early on in their lives," de Lemos says in a news release. "To do so, they will need to develop lifelong dietary and exercise habits that prevent the development of the 'pot belly.'"

Pot Belly or Flat Abs?
The new study included 2,744 Dallas residents who were in their mid-40s, on average (age range: 30-65).

Participants got noninvasive scans to check for evidence of atherosclerosis, which can start years before a heart attack or stroke. They also got their height, weight, waist circumference, and hip circumference measured.

Based on those measurements, de Lemos and colleagues calculated participants' BMI (which relates height to weight) and waist-to-hip ratio (waist circumference divided by hip circumference).

BMI vs. Waist-to-Hip Ratio
BMI (body mass index) is often used to gauge obesity. But BMI can be misleading.

BMI can't tell muscle from flab. It also doesn't show where body fat is located. Carrying extra fat around your waist may be unhealthier than having extra fat around your hips.

Because of BMI's drawbacks, some experts prefer the waist-to-hip ratio to gauge obesity.

In the Dallas study, waist-to-hip ratio trumped BMI as a marker of atherosclerosis.

That is, participants' waist-to-hip ratio was more sensitive than BMI at indicating who had scans showing evidence of atherosclerosis.

Abdominal fat may play an active role in promoting heart disease, warn de Lemos and colleagues.

Their study, published in next week's edition of the Journal of the American College of Cardiology, didn't directly test that theory.

Looking to lose a pot belly? Your doctor can give you pointers on doing so safely -- and on maintaining your progress.

http://women.webmd.com/news/20080408/belly-fat-doesnt-bode-well-for-women
Quote:

Belly Fat Doesn't Bode Well for Women
Large Waists Linked to Higher Death Rates in Women, Regardless of Weight
By Miranda Hitti
WebMD Health NewsReviewed by Louise Chang, MDApril 8, 2008 -- Having a big waist may raise women's death rates, even in women who aren't overweight.

That news comes from a study of 44,600 female nurses enrolled in a long-term health study.

The bottom line: Waists mattered more than weight.

Being in the normal weight range was less important than having a waist less than 34.6 inches and a waist-to-hip ratio of less than 0.88 .To calculate your waist-to-hip ratio, divide your waist measurement by your hip measurement.

"Although maintaining a healthy weight should continue to be a cornerstone in the prevention of chronic diseases and premature death, it is equally important to maintain a healthy waist size and prevent abdominal obesity," the researchers write in the April 1 edition of Circulation.

Belly Fat Study
When the nurses were 40 to 65 years old, they measured their waists and hips for the study. At the time, none had had heart disease or cancer.

Every two years, they updated their health and lifestyle records for the study, including their physical activity, smoking, alcohol use, and menopausal status.

The nurses were followed for 16 years. During that time, a total of 3,507 of the nurses died, including 751 who died of heart disease and 1,748 who died of cancer.

Regardless of other factors, including BMI (body mass index, which relates height to weight), women with larger waists and greater waist-to-hip ratios had higher death rates from all causes, including heart disease and cancer, which are the top two killers of U.S. women.

For example, among women of normal weight, those with a waist larger than 34.6 inches were three times as likely to die of heart disease, compared to women with smaller waists.

Large hips weren't a problem, if the waist wasn't also large. In fact, having large hips and a small waist was associated with lower risk of death from heart disease.

Waist Check
Simply measuring the waist will do. The waist-to-hip ratio wasn't a better predictor of death rates and is more cumbersome, note the researchers, who included Cuilin Zhang, MD, PhD, of the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development.

Zhang's team used the definitions for abdominal obesity recommended by the American Heart Association and U.S. Department of Agriculture. Those cutoffs are waist circumference of 34.6 inches for women and 40 inches for men.

The study doesn't prove that abdominal fat is lethal. Observational studies like this one don't prove cause and effect.

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
    #8684893 - 07/26/08 04:21 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

eligal said:
Quote:

leftysurprise said:

No no, I read somewhere that for a reason which I cant remember, abdominal fat was harder for the body to breakdown for whatever reason, and this is why the stomach is the first part to store fat and the last part to lose it.

DO some googling, Im sure youll stumble upon whatever I read eventually.

ive read and heard otherwise countless times, SO, you google for me.  :awesome:

edit:  didnt scroll down to see that you already had :lol:

AND.....  all those articles mean is that your body deposits MORE fat there than other parts, which is exactly what i was saying, its the first place to gain fat and the last place to lose it because that is where the body generally naturally deposits it.  doesnt mean its any harder than fat in other parts of the body, that just means theres more of it.

--------------------

Edited by LeftyBurnz (07/26/08 04:24 PM)

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
    #8685536 - 07/26/08 07:49 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

leftysurprise said:
AND.....  all those articles mean is that your body deposits MORE fat there than other parts, which is exactly what i was saying, its the first place to gain fat and the last place to lose it because that is where the body generally naturally deposits it.  doesnt mean its any harder than fat in other parts of the body, that just means theres more of it.

Quote:

eligal said:
http://www.womenfitness.net/yoga_abdomen.htm
Quote:

The fat in the abdominal area functions differently than fat elsewhere in the body. It has a greater blood supply as well as more receptors for cortisol, a stress hormone.

http://www.caribbeanfitness.net/NEWSLETTER.html
Quote:

new studies have indicated that high level of stress triggers more accumulation of fat in the abdominal area and that fat in this
area functions differently
than fat elsewhere in the body. This area has greater blood supply as well as more receptor for
cortisol, a stress hormone.

In the end, no matter how you want to word it, this guy is trying to lose stomach fat and everyone is telling him to exercise, but really he should also be evaluating whether he gets stressed out a lot and why.

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"MolokoMilkPlus said:

"tactik said:
respect the can."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale