Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineWornTraveler
Captain Cannabis
Male

Loc: Florida, USA
Dancing While Tripping
    #8661405 - 07/21/08 12:12 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I'll start by saying that during high school, until I got a girlfriend at least, I was one of the tards who spent the entire dance/social standing on the sideline, commenting on how retarded people look when they dance to the bullshit DJ's play these days. The combination of loud, bad music with nonsensical lyrics and dancing that looked more like sex with your clothes on really turned me off. And even after I started dancing with my girlfriend, it was only because she is just too sexy to *not* let her grind her ass against me. :tongue2:

But anyways, I recently made a discovery- I LOVE to dance while tripping. Not the retarded new type of dancing, or really any type of modern dancing. I'm a musician and I've got good rhythm, but when I'm on a good dose of Lucy, it's like the rhythm is a part of me. My dancing is, while definitely in rhythm, sort of child-like. It's just movement for the joy of movement really. It's amazing how distinct every muscle becomes, and how moving it one way feels so different from moving it another.

Anyways, just an observation, I'm sure there are other people who like to bust a jig while tripping too. My girlfriend loves doing it too, although she likes to tease me and make it a little sexual usually, so it's not exactly the same as the pure, childlike dancing that I enjoy I guess.

--------------------
Captain Cannabis, Guardian of Ganja, Sultan of Shrooms, Giver of Green, Tabbed Tripper, and all around Good Guy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejckmcgrth
JackTheTrippa
Male

Re: Dancing While Tripping [Re: WornTraveler]
    #8661435 - 07/21/08 12:19 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

WornTraveler said:
I'll start by saying that during high school, until I got a girlfriend at least, I was one of the tards who spent the entire dance/social standing on the sideline, commenting on how retarded people look when they dance to the bullshit DJ's play these days. The combination of loud, bad music with nonsensical lyrics and dancing that looked more like sex with your clothes on really turned me off. And even after I started dancing with my girlfriend, it was only because she is just too sexy to *not* let her grind her ass against me. :tongue2:

But anyways, I recently made a discovery- I LOVE to dance while tripping. Not the retarded new type of dancing, or really any type of modern dancing. I'm a musician and I've got good rhythm, but when I'm on a good dose of Lucy, it's like the rhythm is a part of me. My dancing is, while definitely in rhythm, sort of child-like. It's just movement for the joy of movement really. It's amazing how distinct every muscle becomes, and how moving it one way feels so different from moving it another.

Anyways, just an observation, I'm sure there are other people who like to bust a jig while tripping too. My girlfriend loves doing it too, although she likes to tease me and make it a little sexual usually, so it's not exactly the same as the pure, childlike dancing that I enjoy I guess.

lol

--------------------
I rock

InvisibleGHuang
Psychedelic Enthusiast

Re: Dancing While Tripping [Re: jckmcgrth]
    #8661618 - 07/21/08 01:16 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I can relate to that. I never dance, but that wiggly/wobbly feeling you get while tripping really goes well with dancing and makes the movements feel extremely fluid and smooth. I'm sure the effect on time/music has something to do with it as well.

OfflineNineStorms
The Dragon
Male

Loc: Existing between Heaven a...
Re: Dancing While Tripping [Re: GHuang]
    #8661677 - 07/21/08 02:03 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

There's another thread somewhere in the forums discussing the same topic. I've liked to dance for a while, but psychoactives have really gotten me passionate about it (started with mary jane). On the comedown of a trip, dancing away to whatever hits your fancy is pretty awesome. Both mushrooms and acid (and yeah... E.) will do that for me, but interestingly for me I'm starting to prefer dancing on acid to mushrooms. Funny thing is I used to prefer dancing on mushrooms to dancing on acid! Not really sure why the change took place, although I admit it could partially be to some difficult trips I've had on mushrooms. :justdontknow:

Plus for me psychs are a semi-analgesic for whatever reason, helps me forget little aches and flow that much easier.

OfflinedeXtrous
complete tool
Male

Loc: Australia
Re: Dancing While Tripping [Re: NineStorms]
    #8661734 - 07/21/08 02:55 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah perhaps you won't be so close-minded to the people who like to dance and enjoy themselves now. I never used to dance before I took ecstasy and when I saw people doing the shuffle or gabba I thought they looked retarded as, but only after I took my first pill I realised how much fun it was to move and dance to music... Needless to say I out dance most people at clubs or house parties now.. I dance at home to tunes I whistle.. I dance when I'm sitting down.. I love to dance.

Dancing rules, no matter how you do it :laugh:

Offlinejhoppa
mushy musician

Re: Dancing While Tripping [Re: deXtrous]
    #8661916 - 07/21/08 06:23 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, i love to dance while tripping (which has in turn inspired me to love dancing in other states too, including sober).

i actually prefer it to dancing while rolling.

Invisiblepolantis
Prototype v7.3 Alpha
Male User Gallery

Loc: Austraalis Flag
Re: Dancing While Tripping [Re: jhoppa]
    #8661975 - 07/21/08 06:55 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Dance on shrooms??? Usually I have trouble walking or doing anything for most of the trip. Will try dance if i try acid.

I have never danced, not because I don't like it. But I'm confused as to what to do...my gf loves to dance and we have this debate all the time.

Gf 'Why dont you dance?'
Me 'I dont know how?'
Gf 'Just let your body move the the rythem/beat, theres no rules'
Me (Start doing some crazy jigg)
Gf 'Thats silly'
Me 'So theres rules?'

Im also a professional musician. Any one care to solve this problem? lol

--------------------
We do not know what we want and yet we are responsible for what we are - that is the fact.
Jean-Paul Sartre

OfflineMonkeycyst
Stranger

Loc: Gimpsuit Cafe
Re: Dancing While Tripping [Re: polantis]
    #8662019 - 07/21/08 07:28 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I guess being able to make music and having the ability to move one's body with it are two very separate things, no? One doesn't inherently mean you have a passport to the other. Some have both, some neither. Wish I had advice but, you can either do it, or..

--------------------
"Worry is preposterous. We don't know enough to worry."

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: New York Flag
    #8662020 - 07/21/08 07:28 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I'm a drummer and have NO CLUE HOW TO DANCE... how bout that... haha. But yeah, I do enjoy dancing while I'm tripping (usually do it when I'm alone though) - if you let the music move you it's amazing. Like... don't jus listen to the music and move your body to it... let the music move your body. you don't even need to listen.

Invisiblepolantis
Prototype v7.3 Alpha
Male User Gallery

Loc: Austraalis Flag
Re: Dancing While Tripping [Re: Platinum]
    #8662026 - 07/21/08 07:33 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Maybe 'dancing' for non-muso's and 'dancing' for muso's are unrelated. I remember I did dance once, me and my band had had a few drinks and got right into it (was a VERY fun night) although, all the people dancing before us did leave .
And I doubt most non-muso's like to dance to Dillinger Escape Plan LOL

--------------------
We do not know what we want and yet we are responsible for what we are - that is the fact.
Jean-Paul Sartre

OfflineMonkeycyst
Stranger

Loc: Gimpsuit Cafe
    #8662065 - 07/21/08 08:01 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

There is hope then. All the best brother :thumbup:

Offlinejhoppa
mushy musician

#8662544 - 07/21/08 10:33 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

polantis said:
Gf 'Why dont you dance?'
Me 'I dont know how?'
Gf 'Just let your body move the the rythem/beat, theres no rules'
Me (Start doing some crazy jigg)
Gf 'Thats silly'
Me 'So theres rules?'

Im also a professional musician. Any one care to solve this problem? lol

just cause its silly doesn't mean its not dancing.  have you ever been to a festival and seen all the tripped out folks hippie dancing?  they're not like fuckin waltzing or line dancing or anything- just moving their damn bodies.  not even to the rhythm often

Quote:

polantis said:
Dance on shrooms??? Usually I have trouble walking or doing anything for most of the trip. Will try dance if i try acid.

I have never danced, not because I don't like it. But I'm confused as to what to do...my gf loves to dance and we have this debate all the time.

all you gotta do is start moving.  i know it seems like your body is pretty out of your control when you're shrooming, but you gotta just learn to trust that your body is still gonna do mostly what you want it to.
try this next time:
stand up, start nodding your head to the beat.  then just let the beat move down your body.  get your shoulders going, let that movement extend out into your arms, then get your hips moving and finally stomp some rhythms out with your feet.

the most important thing is to get rid of any self-conscious feelings (ego death helps).

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Dancing While Tripping [Re: jhoppa]
    #8662642 - 07/21/08 11:01 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i love psytrance dance

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

OfflineWornTraveler
Captain Cannabis
Male

Re: Dancing While Tripping [Re: thedudenj]
    #8662688 - 07/21/08 11:10 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

What's psytrance dance?

--------------------
Captain Cannabis, Guardian of Ganja, Sultan of Shrooms, Giver of Green, Tabbed Tripper, and all around Good Guy.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#8662775 - 07/21/08 11:32 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

lol aka dancing to psytrance music

--------------------

you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

OfflineWornTraveler
Captain Cannabis
Male

#8662781 - 07/21/08 11:33 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

What's psytrance music?

--------------------

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

#8662823 - 07/21/08 11:42 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

OfflineWornTraveler
Captain Cannabis
Male

#8662887 - 07/21/08 11:57 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Hm, any good tracks you'd recommend that can be purchased on iTunes?

--------------------

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#8662929 - 07/21/08 12:07 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

this is some http://youtube.com/watch?v=3FGR62DhHYY&feature=related

but i didnt like this type when i first heard it, i only like it alot after a night of dancing and its in the morning psytrance has order to it.

&feature=related

but nothing really captures the psytrance experience other then being there

--------------------

InvisiblePhish_Dude
steppin' into yesterday
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: secret tweeker pad Flag
    #8662961 - 07/21/08 12:12 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i love to dance when im on shrooms and E so so much fun.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag