Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehoodbran
Dosser
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phloston Paradise
quick spore syringe question (resolved)
    #8656196 - 07/19/08 06:38 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Hey all, i just made myself 3 new spore syringes from my recent flush, the print was nice and dark, bout the size of a half dollar, i used 30cc's of water and could not see any spores in the syringes, is this common?

--------------------
Not all drugs are good, Some are great.

Edited by TerryTibbs (07/19/08 06:49 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePowerOfTheCoir
Newbie Sympathizer
Male User Gallery

Re: quick spore syring question [Re: hoodbran]
    #8656224 - 07/19/08 06:44 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

As long as you don't see your whole print left behind in whatever container you were using for mixing the spores and water, you should be fine. Clumps and dark syringes are actually undesirable. They're not only wasteful, but will also result in lower performance than clear syringes. Usually dark syringes are sold by companies to excite newbies who don't know better. Ralphster is honest about this - he makes them available on request, but also make it clear that they are novelties and not an improvement.

--------------------
Check out my first ever TEK!
Shroom capsules with the Cap-M-Quik (pics)

Offlinehoodbran
Dosser
Male User Gallery

Re: quick spore syring question [Re: PowerOfTheCoir]
    #8656232 - 07/19/08 06:48 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

thanks, i thought i might be fine, afterall, the cap i used had it's gills nicely open and i banged it a little on my hand and got what looked like spores, there could have been hundreds, thousands of them on my palm after i smudged the small spot so it would be safe to say i got 1 in each... sorry for the newbie question, but im graduating! i have 2 monotubs on the go, i wont do cakes anymore except for spawn... Great site by far! btw, i saved the cap and will dry it with the others, waste nothing! :cool:

--------------------

OfflinePowerOfTheCoir
Newbie Sympathizer
Male User Gallery

#8656307 - 07/19/08 07:07 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

hoodbran said:
thanks, i thought i might be fine, afterall, the cap i used had it's gills nicely open and i banged it a little on my hand and got what looked like spores, there could have been hundreds, thousands of them on my palm after i smudged the small spot so it would be safe to say i got 1 in each... sorry for the newbie question, but im graduating! i have 2 monotubs on the go, i wont do cakes anymore except for spawn... Great site by far! btw, i saved the cap and will dry it with the others, waste nothing! :cool:

Just to be sure - you handled and smudge the cap after the (hopefully) sterile printing was done, right?

Also, spores are microscopic. When you see them, you're actually seeing clumps of thousands of them. If you successfully made your syringes, you'll have many many thousands (millions?) in the water even if it is perfectly clear.

--------------------

Offlinehoodbran
Dosser
Male User Gallery

Re: quick spore syring question [Re: PowerOfTheCoir]
    #8657716 - 07/20/08 04:44 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

to answer that question, i kept sterile procedures and handled the cap after it was done, now it's drying:))

--------------------

OfflinePowerOfTheCoir
Newbie Sympathizer
Male User Gallery

#8657753 - 07/20/08 05:09 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Cool! There's no way to tell for sure yet, but I bet you'll see great results from those syringes.

If you plan on storing them for a while, it might be a good idea to use at least one of them on a few inoculation points in a test jar (flame sterilize the needle after injecting). If you see myc germinating, you'll be able to confidently use those syringes when you have a large batch of jars in the future.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate