Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Alien Substrate Questions
    #865018 - 09/05/02 06:56 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I did a search and couldn't find any information...besides that the mycelium grows stronger and faster than plain BRF/Verm

Does anyone have any experience with it?

Does it give a better yield or bigger fruits since it has more nutrition?

Where can I find the updated Alien Substrate?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Alien Substrate Questions [Re: tekramrepus]
    #865031 - 09/05/02 07:05 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I think the version found at the Shroomery is the most recent one:

http://www.shroomery.org/findorgrowthem/aliensubstrate.html

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Re: Alien Substrate Questions [Re: Anno]
    #865038 - 09/05/02 07:07 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I already printed that one, but from reading older posts it says there is an update, unless shroomery already updated it. The page doesnt have a date on it, so I dont know

OfflinePSILOCYBE_RICKY
Loc: earth
Re: Alien Substrate Questions [Re: tekramrepus]
    #865042 - 09/05/02 07:08 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

i used the alien tek and i am happy with the results. i inoculated 6 hautla and 6 GT. the GT are slower to spawn but the hautla were all done by 2 weeks. then i colonized some pooh and the mycelia just riped thorugh it very fast. i cased last night and should have pins w/in a week. overall yes i am happy i used alien substrate.

OfflinePSILOCYBE_RICKY
Loc: earth
Re: Alien Substrate Questions [Re: PSILOCYBE_RICKY]
    #865331 - 09/05/02 09:56 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

this the way that i make it, it includes a few of my own modifications.

2/3 cup of whole quinoa
2/3 cup long whole grain brown rice
2 1/4 cups water
2 cups vermiculite
1/8 cup flax seed (measured before grinding)
1/8 cup finch seed (measured before grinding)
1/8 cup whole grain rye (rye berries) (measured before grinding)
6 Kerr or Ball jars
1)pour 2 ? cups of water inside a medium sized pot. Bring to a fast boil & simmer on low.
2)Put ? cup of Quinoa and ? cup of whole long grain brown rice. Cover w/lid.
3)Cook Quinoa & rice for 20 min. stir occasionally(2 –3 times only). Don’t forget the lid.
4)While cooking rice, grind the following in a blender or grinder: 1/8 cup flax seed, 1/8 cup finch bird seed, & 1/8 cup Rye seed. Leave in grinder until needed. Contents should be in powder form. liquefy setting for about 1 minute.
5)After 20 min on simmer remove rice from hot burner. Pour mix into a cool clean pan or bowl. Leave it alone to cool for about 30 minutes. Then pour a little of grain powder in the bowl and mix with fork. Do this a bout 3 times. Dont just pour it all in at once. Leave the mix alone again for about another 30 minutes. You dont have to wait this long but the spawn gets A LOT fluffier the cooler it gets.
6)The mix should be fluffy & moist. Moist means NOT wet and NOT dry. Try VERY hard not to add water. It's a big mistake a lot of people make. Add 1/8 water at most. If you add water WAIT until you have reached this step.
DO NOT SUBSTITUTE ANYTHING!! This spawn is perfect! You can double, triple, whatever the recipe. Just dont sub

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale