Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSaulGood
Da Kine
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hawaii- all over
logic studio...
    #8644648 - 07/16/08 09:25 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Anybody use it? I'm thinking about getting it after I save up some cash.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDreamtime
psy brew

Re: logic studio... [Re: SaulGood]
    #8647427 - 07/17/08 03:04 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

do you use mac or pc?
they stopped making logic for pc after they bought the rights to it a while ago, think like version 5...
I use cubase if your using a pc you should be able to source it some where off the net :wink:
I herd logic was better, I tried it and it dint work for me so I spose its a personal choice.
Abelton is quite a cool program to...

Peace

Edited by Dreamtime (07/17/08 03:05 PM)

InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
    #8648069 - 07/17/08 05:22 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I was given a copy by someone, I've yet to use it but I can't wait to. Still need to get a better computer.

And to above poster: yeah it's mac only software but you can run OS X on most computers now, they just have to be intel based (pretty sure) and it will more times than not work. Look up OSx86.

OfflineSaulGood
Da Kine
Male User Gallery

Re: logic studio... [Re: Robo]
    #8651071 - 07/18/08 01:14 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I'm investing in a mac as well... I was using my friends pc with cubase. It's not a bad program for functionality/ease of use, but it kept freezing on me. I don't know if it was the software or what, but from what i've heard, logic and mac's are way more stable so I think I'm going to get it. :rockdude:

InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
    #8651970 - 07/18/08 04:52 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

asedatednation said:
from what i've heard, logic and mac's are way more stable so I think I'm going to get it. :rockdude:

I don't know if that's necessarily true :justdontknow:

If you are running a good computer (and there are plenty just as good as mac) with OSX it should run logic no worse than a mac. You're mostly paying for a name brand and a logo when you buy a Mac. There isn't much that sets them apart from other computers other than the OS. I could (and plan to) get a laptop with the same or better HD size, RAM/memory, screen size, video/sound card, and so on, for way less.

If you want to pay the money for it because it's a Mac, specs aside, then it's all good I guess. I used to want a Macbook Pro but when you compare it side-by-side with other laptops some of the only real differences are the apple logo and price (and some of the competition can even surpass the Macbook).

Just a thought.

Only downside is I've read OSx86 doesn't always work perfectly with every PC, with Mac you are obviously 100% guaranteed for OSX  to work. Other than that though if you're buying a new computer anyway and not using a older one it's likely to work just fine...

OfflineSaulGood
Da Kine
Male User Gallery

Re: logic studio... [Re: Robo]
    #8657534 - 07/20/08 02:33 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

:strokebeard:

I might have to look into it some more then.

InvisibleJenkins22
Mutilating_cows_4_better_poo

Loc: Fuk_U_Earth
    #8659489 - 07/20/08 03:36 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Just make sure you record at the correct volume settings.  This is usaully -6 DBls with alot of programs and -12(-18 for background) in FinalCut Pro.  ProTools is the best for Mac. That's what hollywood uses.  Big producers use Mac proTools for audio and FinalCut Pro for video.  On PC i use adobe CS3.  It is a full production package with audio and video editing and some special effects stuff in Adobe After Effects.  The Adobe suite (adobe CS2 or CS3) has around a dozen software packages included making it an industry standard as well as a best buy.  If you can't afford an AVID system or a pimped out mac then go with the Adobe suite.  The CS2 version can probably be found on the internet for about $100 used and includes all full video and audio editing programs.  I have used top end Avid and protool/FCpro Mac setups and i can say with experience that you can do the exact same stuff on a home PC.... You just have to know what your doing.  Trust me, start out with adobe. You'll save a ton of money and you will learn that a mac isn't needed.  Macs DO crash and they aren't as badass as ppl claim.  I've used all that stuff for editing and i think mac is an overpriced piece of shit.  Sorry Mac but it's time for the grave!

***FYI, Wu tang clan was started with a small audio program called 'Fruity Loops'.  This is what the Rza 1st used for production*****

--Fruity loops later became Sonic Foundry's 'Acid Pro' which was later purchased by Sony who made logic software if i'm correct.  When sony bought sonic foundry they seperated the software into smaller programs to make more money and renamed them sonic this, logic that, etc.

Edited by Jenkins22 (07/20/08 03:42 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom