Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetdub1019
Stranger

Question about psilocybe cubensis, please help
    #8641577 - 07/16/08 08:09 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I picked about a hundred caps last night and when I got home I started taking the spore prints. Only two of them were the right color, the rest were brown. However, the ones that were brown were a lot more dry than the two that werent. Does that sound right or not. PLEASE HELP

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenushroom
Knowledge Seeker
Male User Gallery

Loc: H-Town Tx
Re: Question about psilocybe cubensis, please help [Re: tdub1019]
    #8641914 - 07/16/08 10:03 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Spore print should be the same color for dried compared to fresh. There may be fewer spores. The cubes should bruise blue! When in doubt, always toss.

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Question about psilocybe cubensis, please help [Re: nushroom] * 1
    #8642272 - 07/16/08 11:46 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Psilocybe cubensis
These mushrooms are nick named “Cubes” also known as just “Shrooms”  Psilocybe cubensis can also be shortened to P. cubensis. This is one of the most cultivated (home grown) active mushroom.

Active chemicals
The two major contributing active chemicals are Psilocybin, and Psilocin.

Two other active chemicals are also Baeocystin which is not a major contributing factor of a mushroom trip... A dose of 10mg pure Baeocystin is said to produce entheogenic effects. and Norbaeocystin It is unknown if this contributes to a mushroom trip.

Where do they grow?
They grow most commonly on cow poop, they can also be found growing on horse poop, but they aren't found as commonly on horse poop.

What do they look like?

Cap
The cap when young will be almost completely golden colored, then when they get more matured they have a great golden yellow fade on top. When they get really old or sun bleached the caps can sometimes turn really pale and will no longer be gold or yellow. Sometimes the caps will have spores sprayed on top of them and turn a purple color. The caps can have a verity of different shapes due to weather or genetics. Bell, domed, flat, flat with a nipple, or just crazy shaped.

Closed caps are pretty solid colored

Sun bleached or dried/old

Golden fade

Spores on cap

Waterlogged cubes can look funny also, and they can be waaay soggy when you eat them... Plus if your doing a weighed out dosage they can throw the actual weight off... If your going to dry them find a really fast way to dry them up.

bell shaped

Crazy shaped

Flat or with nipple

Stem
Yellowish colored, and hollow, There is a veil present on the stem with purplish spores on one side and the bottom side (if visible) will be yellow/whitish/blueish/purplish. The stem will bruise blue/green when you squeeze it or break it in two. Also the base of the stems will probably have mycelium growing on them.

See the stems are yellow and have veils with spores dropped on them sometimes the veils are small sometimes they are big.

But keep in mind sometimes the veil wont be purple from the spores because its flappy, or formed differently.

Cubes have hollow stems but Texas cubes are known to be pretty dense and sometimes are pretty meaty and solid and not so hollow inside.

Here is mycelium, its perfectly okay to eat.

Gills
Purplish brown, sometimes they are spore less and only have a light brown color. The gills will also bruise blue/green :laugh:

Bluing
The gills and stem will bruise blue or green, This is the active chemicals oxidizing, this is said to lower the potency so don't bruise them up too much... Only enough to verify that they are indeed Psilocybe cubensis, or Pan cyan... But please note that NON Psilocybe mushrooms will also bruise blue which are potentially poisonous..  So take everything gills, color, shape, and spore print color into consideration when identifying mushrooms.

When can they be found?
Well in Texas people have found them all year around, even around Christmas.. Its best to have around 75F-90F temperatures and a good rain storm... But you can find them from probably 40-75 just in fewer numbers. So whenever it rains for a decent while go out to those fields. If its kind of hot out, check under the trees and the poop around tall grass it helps block the sun.

Dosage
Mushrooms are about 90% water. Take the fresh weight then divide it by 10, the results are about what your dry weight will be. 20 Grams fresh will be about 2 grams dry, but mushrooms can be more dry or more wet so this isn't 100% accurate and can be off by complete grams.

The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed shows that 27% of people dose ~2 grams dry and 44% of people dose ~3.5 grams dry  so between 2-3.5 grams is the average dose... Sometimes 3.5 grams can be really overwhelming  so you might want to consider dosing 2 grams for your first time... But then again sometimes mushrooms don't effect some people the same as others...

How do you consume?

Straight up
You can eat them right off the cow poop if you wanted to, but i wouldn't recommend tripping on the field unless you own the field... Also make sure you don't eat the poop cut it off. You can also put them under a fan for a day or two until they are cracker dry to store them... Then you can eat those dry mushrooms any time you want to.

Intensify the experience
The Lemon Experience... basically soak mushrooms in lemon juice for X amount of time then dose, it intensifies your experience in an extremely noticeable way :laugh: be careful with it.I have tried this method with 2 grams dry/powdered and it sure works.
Black Currant Juice to increase mushroom effects This experiment is a bit different but it is supposed to extremely intensify your trip.. I have not tried this method yet.

Chocolates
You can put your mushrooms into chocolates, there are a few teks online.
Monstermitch's technique for chocolates

Tea
Mushroom Tea Preparation Here are a number of tea recipes.

Threads
Horse field cubes Ive found a horse field that was producing cubes, the horses ate grass, hay, and whatever other plants they felt like munching on... The field previously had cows and horses interchanged throughout the years but the poop was definitely horse poop that they were growing from.  Almost all of the pictures from this thread were found on horse poop. :laugh:

PinheadX found PLENTY of Cubes growing on mulch piles. Now it is possible that it could have been someones out door grow, or maybe the mulch/compost/manure they used had mycelium in it or spores from the cow field which inoculated the whole pile. This is the craziest thing I've ever seen and it is in NO way common, but his finds should inspire you to keep and eye out everywhere for cubes even off the field. :laugh:
Never say never, MUTANT CUBE, zonate cube, and a polypore.

Photo by PinheadX

--------------------------------------------------

Panaeolus cyanescens
These mushrooms are nick named “Copes” don't confuse them with “Psilocybe cyanescens” they are not the same mushroom. This mushroom is stronger than Psilocybe cubensis. I haven't found a cope yet, cubes are my main mushroom so I don't feel I am qualified to give that much information on them.

Where do they grow?
They grow right along side of Psilocybe cubensis on Cow poop, I believe one mycologist has reported copes growing on horse poop but it isnt common. (I will try to find the documentation on this) Some cow fields produce more copes than cubes some fields produce more cubes than copes.

--------------------------------------------------

Panaeolus subbalteatus
Also known as “Subbs” If you read about people finding “Subs” they are talking about Psilocybe subaeruginascens NOT  Panaeolus subbalteatus so dont confuse the two.

Where do they grow?
Lawns that are taken well care of :laugh: check out Subbedhunter420's subb guide these mushrooms grow all over America in most every state they arent as potent as Psilocybe cubensis but they are indeed active.
Subbedhunter's Complete Guide to Panaeolus subbalteatus

For more information check out

The Ultimate Beginners Guide to: Hunting The Psilocybe cubensis

Shroomery search, and FAQ

Offlinetdub1019
Stranger

Re: Question about psilocybe cubensis, please help [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #8646912 - 07/17/08 12:59 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Alrighty then, thanks for your guys help. I tossed those bad mushrooms away. I guess I was just getting excited over my first shroom hunting trip.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom