Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLarrythescaryrex
teardrop on the fire
Male User Gallery

Loc: further down the spiral
XANAX
    #863921 - 09/04/02 03:49 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

how long do the affects of xanax last? Also what are the effects like. Yes I have used yahoo to look it up, but I don't believe the drug war sites that I found.

--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: XANAX [Re: Larrythescaryrex]
    #864067 - 09/04/02 04:57 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

how long do the affects of xanax last?

Not sure.  I always took at least a bar or two and drank with it.  :grin:

Quote:

Also what are the effects like.

Have you ever had valium or anything close?  Xanax always felt similar to me.  Since I always drank with it, your experiences may differ.  For me, it made me very clumsy and cloudy.  I felt like I was lucid and relatively normal, but that was not true.  It also makes you very tranquil and happy.  Unfortunately, most of the time, trying to remember the experience is difficult -- very hazy.

Hope that helps. 

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Anonymous

#864069 - 09/04/02 04:58 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Imagine all the debillitating effects of being drunk, without the sickness, and ickyness from having imbibed alot of alcohol.

Its not really so bad as that.. you wont remember shit you did while you were on it, though.

Offlinekebunk
Re: XANAX [Re: ]
    #864342 - 09/04/02 07:36 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

if you take to many bars you'll become a rambling fool.

OfflineKaliedoscopEyes
entheogenicexplorer
Loc: South Cackalakie
Re: XANAX [Re: kebunk]
    #864681 - 09/05/02 02:58 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

helps you sleep better too, but sometimes i wake up and go back to sleep for like 4 hours until i finally feel ridiculous
i love my prescription :blush: 

Offlinehighoman
Stranger

#865014 - 09/05/02 06:52 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

phuck pharmies. dont get me wrong, ive ate some and drank just like the rest of us. they just fuck ya up like being drunk. makes ya moody though the day after, and if you take them like the pill heads i know youll soon be a moody booblehead. just think, they are prescibed as a drug for mental problems. the doc will thell ya to take 1 or two peach football (that the ones they usually start ya out on, at least the real docs) a day. but nobody eats just one. the blue ones are two peach ones so most people are taking 2-4 times what the doc would have his patient w mental problem take. but i just pass out quicker and moody the next day. chicks LOVE them though, so they aint all that bad. dont get me wrong though i ve never turned one down. ive just seen it mess up some peoples lives. thats their weakness though.

--------------------
FREEDOM IS NORML

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: XANAX [Re: highoman]
    #865116 - 09/05/02 07:57 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

blue ones are two peach ones so most people are taking 2-4 times what the doc would have his patient w mental problem take.

The only time I've ever seen anyone take footballs is when bars were nowhere to be found.  Also, I've never seen anyone take only one blue football.  More like four to start.

Quote:

chicks LOVE them though, so they aint all that bad.

I've only taken them with "chicks" who offered them to me.  Stay away from those kinds of "chicks" though.  If they're not already addicted, they will be soon...  :grin:

Peace 

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Offlinehighoman
Stranger

#865414 - 09/05/02 11:24 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

yeah stay away from them "females" (is that policically correct) they are what i call bobbleheads, cause they are so fucked up all the time. kinda like a coke head chick, i mean women.... no i dont, them coke head bitches and bobblehead bitches dont deserve that kind of respect. o yeah if ya have nt done em, your not missing out on much enless u like being a asshole. o yeah am i showing my age by saying footballs. yeah eat a bar, sorry my math was wrong. now your talking about eating at once, 6-8 times what a doc would have ya eat in one day. im just not a pharmie fan. never turned em down, just not all that. my "chick", i mean ol lady loves em though. and yes she is the one i get em from

--------------------
FREEDOM IS NORML

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Re: XANAX [Re: highoman]
    #866413 - 09/06/02 02:33 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

A peach football is .5 mg of Alprazolam (Xanax) a blue is 1.0 mg and a white is .25 mg / as Mickey said I would take something like 8 peach footballs not one or two. A bar is 2 mg and therefore 8 peach footballs would equal two bars.

The effects of xanax or the "high" is shortlived the tired and relaxed feeling is longer lasting. Xanax is generally perscribed for anxiety.

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Edited by Ripple1958 (09/06/02 02:37 AM)

Offlinebigslick
science fictionwriter

Loc: just behind you
    #866575 - 09/06/02 05:24 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

If your shroom trip starts goin bad they are like the most handy pill to have around cause most bad trips are basically severe anxiety attacks.

--------------------

Everything I write is a total work of fiction

Offlineallcingeye
Stranger
Re: XANAX [Re: bigslick]
    #885423 - 09/16/02 08:40 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Good point,
Nice to have em handy when ya need them. They cause short term memory loss with me after a while so I can't take them too much. Kinda sucks when there cheap as dirt! :confused:

OfflineCalen
journeyman
Re: XANAX [Re: allcingeye]
    #885649 - 09/16/02 11:43 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I know Xanax is not meant for recreational use. People with anxiety disorders are prescribed for this synthetic.

I'll have to be a nutcase to try this outdated drug.

OfflineBullfrog1
Discovery BeyondImagination

#886070 - 09/16/02 03:22 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Be careful with these, they're potentially dangerous due their propensity for addiction. They are prescribed for anxiety, and insomnia. If I take a 1/4-1/2 mg of one of those I sleep like a baby, but find it hard to get up. I have a low tolerance for them. Some people can take a few mg's. I can't. Too dopey a feeling.
They are good to have around to squash a sour trip though. I've taken 1 mg then another a half hour later as not to shock my system. The effect may be somewhat placebo, but anything helps when one reaches a bad point.
Overall pharmies are not to be taken lightly. When good medicine turns bad-my theory.

Bullfrog1

--------------------

Offlinevader
journeyman
    #891172 - 09/18/02 12:42 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Xanax is addictive. Also you build up a tolerance very fast. Withdrawals will cause violent siezures and will land you in the hospital (I've seen it happen multiple times).

Don't abuse drugs that where meant for very sick people. Believe it or not there are people who need that shit to get through the day, but they take it under the close, regular supervision of a doctor.

That being said it is an anti-anxiety drug. It could make you do some really stupid shit because you will have no anxiety (again I've seen many people end up in jail being under the infulence of it). It is a real downer, and a relaxant that makes you stupid like being really drunk.

OfflineChikhai
Loc: Florida
    #891823 - 09/18/02 06:13 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Xanax is a wonderful, wonderful drug. I have pretty bag anxiety, both social and general, and it stems from always expecting something to go wrong. It's the conditioning I've learned thoughout my entire life, the conditioning I'm unlearning right now, that causes it. Xanax gives me temporary release from this internal prison, allowing my true self to come through. I'm not on a prescription for it because that would more than likely cause me to become dependent on those drug created feelings than working on feeling like that in sobriety.

But alas.. I've a gold xanax bar sitting in my closet waiting to be eaten.

--------------------
"I see!" said the blind man to his deaf wife.

InvisibleTerrarium_Guy
Sensei

Loc: ...beyond the sun...
    #892463 - 09/19/02 02:07 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Xanax has saved my bacon on more than one occaision after eating too many shrooms with some syrian rue. I never trip without it now. Its like a life preserver. :cool: 

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

InvisibleLeft Nut City
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: XANAX [Re: ]
    #906830 - 09/25/02 08:01 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Immaculate is dead-on right. Xanax is like drinking a few brews without the belching, burning belly and urge to piss all the time. However, if you take even a tinsy bit too much you will just wanna sleep.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag