Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemutablemass
Stranger
Male

Sometimes music just doesn't mix..
    #8636099 - 07/15/08 12:53 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Does anyone else find that sometimes music just isn't good while tripping? The first time I did shrooms I was listening to music but my mind was so blown I just couldn't enjoy it. I was realizing that humans are so far away from what life is really about. I kept thinking about the world and nature and indigenous peoples and how they are closer to truth than any of us. I had to turn off the music because it just wasnt mixing well. I felt so separated from everything. I was listening to Nine Inch Nails "The Downward Spiral" so that may have been why.. On the contrary when I dropped acid for the first time my friend had an MMW CD in. Really good stuff. The music kept mutating and it started out as a bunch of random weirdness and then morphed into some of the most beautiful music I have ever heard. I have no idea what the name of the song is and have tried finding it but have had no luck. Maybe I was hearing something that wasn't there who knows..

--------------------
-----------------------------------
Mutable One

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Sometimes music just doesn't mix.. [Re: mutablemass]
    #8636121 - 07/15/08 01:03 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I like listening to stuff I've never heard before when I'm tripping. Stuff I'm familiar with often seems stale or boring, and I find myself examining the flaws a lot.

There have been tons of exceptions, though, great trips listening to Hendrix, Floyd, Airplane, Yanni, Beethoven, the Dead...

I was surprised to find Shpongle sounds completely ridiculous to me when I'm tripping. :lol:

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Edited by Tchan909 (07/15/08 01:06 AM)

Offlinemutablemass
Stranger
Male

Re: Sometimes music just doesn't mix.. [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #8636137 - 07/15/08 01:11 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I can definetly agree with listeing to music that you have never heard before. It sounds so magical. Everything is so unexpected. To me at least. Same goes for movies. The first time I saw Reuqiem for a Dream I was totally blazed. Each scene was so crazy. I passed out and finished watching it the next day sober. While still great, it just wasn't the same.

--------------------
-----------------------------------
Mutable One

Offlinebloodbrother778
Super Chimpanzee

Re: Sometimes music just doesn't mix.. [Re: mutablemass]
    #8636172 - 07/15/08 01:31 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

There are certain trips with which music doesn't really mix, particularly really intense trips like salvia or dmt, you become oblivious to the music and what you're hearing (if anything) is completely different from it.  On acid and mushrooms though I enjoy music most of the time, you have to find the right kind of music, I like creative electronic/ambient genres like shpongle, but sometimes I just feel like listening to something mellow and relaxing like meditation music - sets a nice background and mood for the trip.

Offlinewildchild68
lion in a coma
 User Gallery

Re: Sometimes music just doesn't mix.. [Re: bloodbrother778]
    #8636202 - 07/15/08 01:51 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Honestly ,not at all. I just flat out love music though. Tripping or not.

--------------------

OfflineOphanim
The Molecule'sSpirit
Male

Re: Sometimes music just doesn't mix.. [Re: wildchild68]
    #8637259 - 07/15/08 11:10 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

When outdoors and not at a festival, music tends to be less preferable.

Indoors, always need the music.

Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Sometimes music just doesn't mix.. [Re: Ophanim]
    #8637389 - 07/15/08 11:38 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Ok I know it is a cliche, but when you listen to music, you are listening to both the void, as well as the positive beat, melody, harmony and what not.

The thing is people don't get this, even when they say it.

People begin to understand this as a microcosm, when they listen for this in a song. Taken  literally, they pick up on this a bit.

But as a macrocosm, say YOUR LIFE, there are moments where quiet, often long stretches this really are for the best, for the musicians, the critics, for all of us.

I know people (tend to be musicians) who have the noble but misguided goal to be as "openminded" as possible. They listen to music 24-7 and force me to when I hang with them, because they "love" music.

Egos and attachment become very clear when people begin taking music seriously.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom