Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMajawala
Stranger
so ive got this paranoia about people being able to hear my thoughts
    #8625370 - 07/12/08 12:53 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

anyone else ever have this? whatd you do to get over it? on some levels i think its true cause of the mind body connection in that the thoughts that arise give out body vibrations that effect mood. but sometimes i think its specific thoughts that are being heard. what the hell do i do. i get in this thought loop about it that makes me really anxious and i tend to drink alot to compensate for it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBaeosistine
ڜڭۑۄڴڡڟژۻۼئٹ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: England
Re: so ive got this paranoia about people being able to hear my thoughts [Re: Majawala]
    #8625386 - 07/12/08 12:58 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Stop taking drugs would be a good thing to start with. Also, stop thinking people can hear your thoughts because they can't, hell most of them can't even hear their own thoughts most of the time :rolleyes:

--------------------
jesus

OfflineMajawala
Stranger
Re: so ive got this paranoia about people being able to hear my thoughts [Re: Baeosistine]
    #8625393 - 07/12/08 12:59 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

yea did that. i guess changin beliefs cant happen over night.

InvisibleBaeosistine
ڜڭۑۄڴڡڟژۻۼئٹ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: England
Re: so ive got this paranoia about people being able to hear my thoughts [Re: Majawala]
    #8625408 - 07/12/08 01:03 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

My friend's paranoid psychosis started with him thinking people could hear his thoughts. He said he wish someone could have convinced him in the early stages that he was being ridiculous.

--------------------
jesus

InvisibleAroundtheSon
Learning to See
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest.
    #8625463 - 07/12/08 01:18 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

That does sound very familiar to the 'schizo' disorders (the term is not derogatory), if its bothering you. Cease drug use, and marijuana. Drugs can intensify thoughts, and feelings, and increase mental illness.

You might make an appt with a psychologist or doctor to get a professional opinion. The early you catch something like this, the better. Sometimes it can be a progressive disease, or sometimes it can be managed effectively.

I am not suggesting you have a mental illness, but it is a possibility. Especially if you cannot be convinced of outside reliable sources.

It's all good tough. No one can hear your thoughts, and you cannot hear theirs. Sometimes we have good insight, and believe we can hear others or they can hear us, but this is not the same as actually hearing their thoughts, and oftentimes our perceptions are wrong.
It is a delusion, but we are not forced to believe delusions. :heartpump:

Seek the counsel of close family or friends.

I'm "somewhat" well read on this topic if you have questions or need resources. :heartpump:

OfflineMajawala
Stranger
Re: so ive got this paranoia about people being able to hear my thoughts [Re: AroundtheSon]
    #8625498 - 07/12/08 01:27 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

thanks for the words. ill probably go see a therapist. im on ssri's and theyve helped a ton so im not as bad as i used to be.

InvisibleAroundtheSon
Learning to See
Male User Gallery

#8625530 - 07/12/08 01:37 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Mental issues tend to ebb and flow. Oftentimes, stress, drugs, alcohol,  and the like can make these types of thoughts more common, and harder to differentiate between reality.

It might benefit you to practice stress relief techniques, exercise very regularly, in addition to what you plan on doing, and if your not already doing them:heartpump:

Offlinecitricacidx
FunGuy
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: GA
Re: so ive got this paranoia about people being able to hear my thoughts [Re: AroundtheSon]
    #8626040 - 07/12/08 04:03 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

sorry, couldn't resist.

But seriously, like everyone's sayin, Lay off the droogs for a little bit, let your body and your mind relax and take it easy.

--------------------

Offlinechobumms
Pokemon Master
Male User Gallery

Re: so ive got this paranoia about people being able to hear my thoughts [Re: citricacidx]
    #8626089 - 07/12/08 04:19 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I know I mention the fact that I'm a nurse and it might get annoying, but there are four types of schizophrenia , however you spell it, and paranoid schizophrenia typically shows in the early to mid-twenties. Next time you get a chance, go to a psychologist if this symptom is common. Paranoid schizophrenia has symptoms like thinking others hear your thoughts, that people in the tv can hear your thoughts, etc. I'm not trying to scare you either though, drugs can make you loopy, so if you're willing, do them less frequently for a while and see if this is still happening. If it is, see a psychologist

--------------------
[/url]
My "Faster Germination For Popcorn Substrate" TEK
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/8428361#8428361

OnlineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: so ive got this paranoia about people being able to hear my thoughts [Re: chobumms]
    #8627889 - 07/13/08 01:28 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

majawala I used to have these thoughts too, especially when I had thoughts (especially those sexual in nature) that I thought others could make me feel humiliated with. or if I thought bad shit about someone, I would question at first whether they knew, and then the paranoia would really take off.

first off, yah lay off the drugs that make you paranoid.

second, reassure yourself of the physical beauty which is our world. if you cannot read other peoples thoughts, there is a 99.99999999999999999% chance that other people cant read your thoughts. Its up there... because its physically impossible. you have to reassure yourself of this, then ignore the thoughts that pop in your head that give you this paranoid feeling. just force yourself to shift your attention elsewhere.

bottom line: its physically impossible, it will not happen. test it if you want, go sit next to a stranger and think the worst possible thoughts about them... theyll just sit there, maybe ask you the time or some shit... its physically impossible. keep reminding yourself of that.

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Offlinefigmentfragment
leaving shroomery

Loc: Flag
    #8628063 - 07/13/08 03:12 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

What do you tend to do when you experience the sensation of your thoughts being read?

What happens to your thoughts themselves, how do you behave?

I myself have had this feeling, and I found repeating one line or words from a song helps until the feeling passes.

You can also try purposely directing your attention to something else.

--------------------
Goodbye Shroomery.

InvisibleCameron
Too Many Words
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: so ive got this paranoia about people being able to hear my thoughts [Re: figmentfragment]
    #8628067 - 07/13/08 03:17 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I like the second option better. :strokebeard::lol:

Offlinefigmentfragment
leaving shroomery

Loc: Flag
Re: so ive got this paranoia about people being able to hear my thoughts [Re: Cameron]
    #8628075 - 07/13/08 03:21 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Cameron said:
I like the second option better. :strokebeard::lol:

:rofl:

I don't really worry so much about this anymore.

When people read my thoughts, they still don't know what the fuck I am on about.

:hehehe: :cuckoo:

--------------------
Goodbye Shroomery.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: so ive got this paranoia about people being able to hear my thoughts [Re: figmentfragment]
    #8631997 - 07/14/08 12:10 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

people can read your thoughts.  at very least your body language and vocal cues give it all away, even if you don't believe in psychic stuff.

why should it matter that people can read your thoughts?  also, you can learn to hide them.

fear doesn't help anything.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

OfflineMajawala
Stranger
Re: so ive got this paranoia about people being able to hear my thoughts [Re: truekimbo2]
    #8632520 - 07/14/08 06:37 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

well thinking that other people can hear my thoughts makes me have wierd ones. its very strange. but since i posted this i just ignored the thoughts about people hearing my thoughts and it pretty much worked. thanks everyone.

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #8632565 - 07/14/08 07:02 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Majawala said:
but since i posted this i just ignored the thoughts about people hearing my thoughts and it pretty much worked.

:thumbup:

Most thoughts are worth ignoring.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

InvisibleAroundtheSon
Learning to See
Male User Gallery

Re: so ive got this paranoia about people being able to hear my thoughts [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #8632570 - 07/14/08 07:03 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

WhiskeyClone said:
Quote:

Majawala said:
but since i posted this i just ignored the thoughts about people hearing my thoughts and it pretty much worked.

:thumbup:

Most thoughts are worth ignoring.

Quite fucking true. :smirk:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order