Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineagua
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Need to diagnose condition of this cake...
    #8624899 - 07/12/08 10:30 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Sorry for such a crappy pic. The red arrow poits to a red-brownish discoloration on the mycelium. The Yellow circles show buds seeming to capp out early as fat asses. The top right circle? These buds have striped blackening. This picture was taekn about 15-20 ago. The discloration seems to be clearing but I should mention also this was noticed after what mayve been excessive misting,as well, more than indirect sunlight.

I am concerned that this may be [a] water saturation tainted water [c] rsulting in contamination of some kind, if thats possible. The discoloration seems to have cleared up but the large hanging phalloidal now has broken its veil on a VERY small cap. Any help with diagnosis/corrective treatment here is appreciated.

--------------------
The body of the human animal stands up straight
The mind of the human animal crawls on all fours.
It only eats, sleeps, fucks and fights.

The body of the human being stands up straight
The mind of the human being stands up straight.
It intuits, perceives, creates and evolves.

The human animal must be trained with religion
To believe what an animal cannot know.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerobanero
β Lib
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in Tx
Re: Need to diagnose condition of this cake... [Re: agua]
    #8624910 - 07/12/08 10:34 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Use the Macro on camera it will be a better pic. That doesn't get big enough for me to see what you are talking about.

--------------------

310 open cap Hawaiians grown a 1 pint WBSF cake.

SPAWN RATIO CALCULATOR

My Little Hawaiians

Spawn Bag Tek

Offlinehottamali
Stranger
Re: Need to diagnose condition of this cake... [Re: robanero]
    #8624957 - 07/12/08 10:49 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I'm not able to tell with those pictures.  let things dry out a bit if your over misting.  If the caps are soft and mushy and if you swab with a qtip and some flesh comes off, they are rotten.  Just carefully pull those off and the rest of your shrooms will be fine and if they are not soft mussy and flesh comes off they are fine.

InvisibleSmushroom
Avid Learner
Re: Need to diagnose condition of this cake... [Re: robanero]
    #8624960 - 07/12/08 10:50 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Too hard to tell anything from the pic. If you can't get a bigger/better pic taken atleast get as much light on the cake as possible, will make color clearer atleast.

Over hydrating while a mushy is growing will water log the stem which can cause blue/black discoloration and make it super squishy. It can also result in either the pins aborting or sometimes in caps opening premature and stunting growth. If thats the problem its better to pick them early and start drying them out. Leaving a squishy one in there will eventually cause rot which leads to other problems.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Need to diagnose condition of this cake... [Re: Smushroom]
    #8625447 - 07/12/08 01:14 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

If that cake is sitting on the perlite, that's your main problem. Waterlogged cakes perform poorly. They also appear to be suffering from insufficient air exchange and the small caps indicate insufficient lighting.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag