Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

Loc: A Church
Beijing bans dog meat to avoid offending Olympic visitors
    #8623825 - 07/11/08 10:44 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Beijing - Dog meat will be banned from restaurants designated to serve Olympic visitors and its use discouraged at all other Beijing restaurants until September, a Chinese tourism official said Friday. If customers order dog meat, restaurant staff should politely suggest an alternative dish, Xiong Yumei, vice director of the Beijing Tourism Bureau, told the official Xinhua news agency. "Conflicts should be avoided" over the issue, the official added.

The Beijing Catering Trade Association had issued a notice banning the city's 112 designated Olympic restaurants from serving dog during the games.

Other restaurants were "strongly advised to suspend serving dog until September," the agency said.

The association would blacklist any restaurants found violating the ban, the report added.

Dog meat remains popular in many areas of northern and southern China, especially among men, some of whom adhere to the traditional belief that eating powerful animals transfers their strength to the consumer.

In Beijing, dog meat is most often found at Korean restaurants.

Dogs are commonly kept as pets or guards in many rural areas of China and have become popular pets in Beijing and other urban areas since bans were lifted more than a decade ago.

But with strict size limits in force, most urban dog owners have to make do with pampering a Pekinese or other small dog.

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/218265,beijing-bans-dog-meat-to-avoid-offending-olympic-visitors.html

Why don't they free Tibet to avoid offending olympic visitors?

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

Get help, help is free and available 24/7/365.

God bless you all and I hope you receive the help you need to turn away from your lives of sin.

Mushrooms and drugs make you gay, you can reverse this homosexual condition with rehab, get help! Stop being gay!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepblover456
Stranger
Re: Beijing bans dog meat to avoid offending Olympic visitors [Re: Chemy]
    #8623833 - 07/11/08 10:47 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

good to know they're being courteous

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
Re: Beijing bans dog meat to avoid offending Olympic visitors [Re: pblover456]
    #8623879 - 07/11/08 11:07 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

wow, what a bunch of wimps, you dont like their way of life...then dont visit. i wanna know what the hell is with people and wanting the world to change all because they seem to think their way of life is above or superior to anothers, it reminds me of smoking bans in bars, you dont like to be around smoke, dont go in the damn bar, dont bitch to big brother about it, you dont own the place and neither do they.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Beijing bans dog meat to avoid offending Olympic visitors [Re: highdroponics]
    #8623943 - 07/11/08 11:29 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

highdroponics said:
wow, what a bunch of wimps, you dont like their way of life...then dont visit. i wanna know what the hell is with people and wanting the world to change all because they seem to think their way of life is above or superior to anothers, it reminds me of smoking bans in bars, you dont like to be around smoke, dont go in the damn bar, dont bitch to big brother about it, you dont own the place and neither do they.

Especially since they are set to spend an estimated $40+ billion dollars  to set up and run everything.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

Loc: A Church
Re: Beijing bans dog meat to avoid offending Olympic visitors [Re: highdroponics]
    #8624678 - 07/12/08 09:11 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

highdroponics said:

Nobody bitched, not that the report indicates, it seems China is attempting to avoid bitching.

Although I do agree that a culture should not submit to another culture, and China is the last country I would think to do this.

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

Get help, help is free and available 24/7/365.

God bless you all and I hope you receive the help you need to turn away from your lives of sin.

Mushrooms and drugs make you gay, you can reverse this homosexual condition with rehab, get help! Stop being gay!

OfflineTangerines
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: woodwork Flag
Re: Beijing bans dog meat to avoid offending Olympic visitors [Re: Chemy]
    #8624775 - 07/12/08 09:42 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I would not be offended. Hell, I would would try it.

InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Beijing bans dog meat to avoid offending Olympic visitors [Re: Tangerines]
    #8624794 - 07/12/08 09:47 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

How's dog meat really different from any other meat really?

Did we stop serving hamburgers for the Salt Lake City Games because there were Hindus there? (I dunno if there really were, but you get the idea)

--------------------

Discuss Politics

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale