Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePsychiatrist
Stranger

Easiest and best way to dose your dried shrooms
    #8622801 - 07/11/08 05:21 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i used to eat mushies so much, seriously for a couple of months i would eat them 2-3 times a week. I've probably tripped 50-100 times in the past couple years (i didn't keep track), mainly in just 1 year. as you can imagine I've experimented with alot of different ways to eat them.

I started with just chocking them down and flushing them with water. that is pretty disgusting and unnecessary because there are alot better ways to eat them that don't taste so bad. Then i started grinding them up and putting them into food like juice. It masks the taste pretty well but it was still disgusting because of the chunks in the juice. I've tried shroom tea a couple times but that is also tastes nasty to me because the shrooms by them self taste pretty gross and you're just drinking nasty shroom water AND u have to choke down some soggy shrooms if you want the full effect.

then i started doing chocolates, 2 grams per chocolate or something and that worked out pretty well, better than all those other ways, couldn't taste any shroom just had chunks in your chocolate which was pretty gross and u had to eat two big chunks of chocolate to geta good dose which filled my stomach fast (I'm not that big of a guy).

after the chocolates i started cooking them in oil with some type of vegetable and i covered the skillet with a lid so that the could get the water vapors and fill up with water and oil and whatever else was in there. This was my favorite way to eat them. the shrooms actually tasted pretty good! tasted like everything else that was in the dish. i have been doing this ever since.

today since i had the weekend off i decided to eat some shrooms. I looked online on the best way to eat dried shrooms (i don't know why i didn't think of this earlier) written by chef's and culinary peeps talkin about shiitake and stuff. they always say to steep the dry shrooms in water or broth. well i didn't want to put it in water because i would have to drink the shroom water so i decided to steep a fat cap, a fat stem and a couple small psilocybin shrooms in a bowl of canned beans ( the kind that has lots of broth) that i microwaved and then covered with plastic wrap. I ate them and they were great! they were nice and juicy, had no shroom taste at all, tasted just like beans! If you don't like beans I'm sure this would work the same way with soup expect the shrooms would take just like whatever type of soup you're using. this is better than cooking them on the stove because the shrooms are nice and juicy, don't get dried out from the stove and taste even better! I had an amazing trip that lasted 5 hours had all the full effects, very nice visuals and auditory trip.

well i hoped this helps someone and i hope you try my new favorite method of eating shrooms. it's really the best way i have found so far hands down to eat them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemilkman
DeliveringWorldWide
Male User Gallery

Loc: tha FLA
Re: Easiest and best way to dose your dried shrooms [Re: Psychiatrist]
    #8622852 - 07/11/08 05:41 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

makes me hungry lol

OfflineLeperFace
Stranger

Re: Easiest and best way to dose your dried shrooms [Re: milkman] * 1
    #8623270 - 07/11/08 07:53 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Get some cheddar cheese soy crisps, it's light, doesn't make your tummy upset, and it totally masks the taste of the shrooms, except for a slight taste, but mixed with the cheddar cheese soy chips, it actually tastes good! Just pop some shrooms in your mouth, pop in some crisps, and munch away. =)

Invisibletruffleupagus
Male User Gallery

#8623349 - 07/11/08 08:18 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Psychiatrist said:
after the chocolates i started cooking them in oil with some type of vegetable and i covered the skillet with a lid so that the could get the water vapors and fill up with water and oil and whatever else was in there. This was my favorite way to eat them. the shrooms actually tasted pretty good! tasted like everything else that was in the dish. i have been doing this ever since.

So then you didn't re-hydrate them beforehand when you did this?  You just tossed them in dry at first?  I'd be afraid that they'd burn if they didn't hydrate quickly enough.

Sounds like your method with the beans worked pretty well.  In general though, I don't know that I like the idea of mixing heat and mushrooms.  I like just eating them or blending up with juice.

OfflineLeperFace
Stranger

Re: Easiest and best way to dose your dried shrooms [Re: truffleupagus]
    #8623374 - 07/11/08 08:24 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

You can also try dipping them in chocolate, just make a makeshift fondu pot.. Dunk your shrooms in, pull them out, sprinkle some salt on, then throw them in a bowl with some crushed nuts of your choice before they dry, and mix 'em up.. Once dried, spread some marshmallow fluff and peanut butter on them, and enjoy. I just thought that up on the spot. :P

OfflineMycowlogist
Freethinker
Male

Loc: in a galaxy far far away....
Re: Easiest and best way to dose your dried shrooms [Re: LeperFace]
    #8625629 - 07/12/08 02:09 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

LeperFace said:
You can also try dipping them in chocolate, just make a makeshift fondu pot.. Dunk your shrooms in, pull them out, sprinkle some salt on, then throw them in a bowl with some crushed nuts of your choice before they dry, and mix 'em up.. Once dried, spread some marshmallow fluff and peanut butter on them, and enjoy. I just thought that up on the spot. :P

Wow!  I am so coming over for Snack Time at your house!  That is like the Martha Stewart of tripping.  "Today we'll be making some delicious snacks and staring at the wall for 5 hours, it'll be perfect"

--------------------
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."  Honest Abe

Offlinei3oosted
Stranger
Re: Easiest and best way to dose your dried shrooms [Re: Mycowlogist]
    #8625695 - 07/12/08 02:28 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

throw some in a blender with some sherbert icecream, always been good.

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: Easiest and best way to dose your dried shrooms [Re: i3oosted]
    #8625715 - 07/12/08 02:32 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

usually I have no problem eating them, but if I cant stand the taste, Ill throw the shrooms in a grilled cheese sandwich... I put the shrooms on the sandwich after it has been made and cooled down a little so no heat will destroy the goodies

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

OfflineDrOli
Biochemist

Re: Easiest and best way to dose your dried shrooms [Re: danlennon3]
    #8625740 - 07/12/08 02:38 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Lemonade in mouth while chewing = no taste at all. I also add an antacid to the mix to stop any gastrointestinal problems.

Edited by DrOli (07/12/08 02:39 PM)

OfflineCoaster
BaĘżal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: Easiest and best way to dose your dried shrooms [Re: DrOli]
    #8625751 - 07/12/08 02:42 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

:mojazaf:

--------------------

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Easiest and best way to dose your dried shrooms [Re: Coaster]
    #8625771 - 07/12/08 02:49 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I always just make tea. Eating dry mushrooms always makes me feel really crappy when I'm coming up.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

OfflineJeffedelic
Fucked Up On Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Freedomland
Re: Easiest and best way to dose your dried shrooms [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #8626129 - 07/12/08 04:28 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Last time I dosed I ground them into powder and put the powder into the bottom of those scoop tortilla chips and then covered the top with peanut butter. Nobody I was with could believe I would spend any time preparing the shrooms but having them in food makes them much easier on the stomach for me. If they're in food I get relatively no nausea but without food it can be terrible sometimes.

--------------------

"It's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world." -Lester Burnham

OfflineMikeLib
E-tester

Loc: California, Bay Area
Re: Easiest and best way to dose your dried shrooms [Re: Jeffedelic]
    #8626579 - 07/12/08 06:35 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i like the taste of shrooms, but eating em straight up does fuck ur stomach up

--------------------
"did you exchange
A walk on part in the war,
For a lead role in a cage?"

Offlineboletusoftruth
Psychedelic Funk
Male

Loc: MASS
Re: Easiest and best way to dose your dried shrooms [Re: MikeLib]
    #8626760 - 07/12/08 07:37 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Make a pb and j sandwich and before you put the 2 pieces of bread together spread your powdered shrooms on the peanutbutter slice and then make a sandwich.

Eat with a glass of milk.

NO taste BEST way ever.

:2cents:

--------------------

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
Re: Easiest and best way to dose your dried shrooms [Re: boletusoftruth]
    #8627279 - 07/12/08 10:02 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Stick em in your asshole.

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

OfflineB-A-S
been there smoked that

#16613851 - 07/29/12 10:33 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

shrooms taste great i think,  anyways .... break them up into a pile like u would weed. put in a bottle of water and chug it. u dont taste a thing and get full effect

--------------------
On a quest to wake up to reality and remember who I am.  If we are all god trying to forget, is ignorance the answer?

Offlinemycoscopy
Mushkateer
 User Gallery

Loc: TX
Re: Easiest and best way to dose your dried shrooms [Re: B-A-S]
    #16613910 - 07/29/12 10:46 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

We added fresh cubes, chopped up, to homemade (already-prepared) red beans and rice- it wasn't gross at all, masked the flavor and added a pleasant texture to the dish.
Nobody puked but me, but i found the vomiting to be a very cleansing (and hilarious at the time :laugh: ) experience!

--------------------
Mushroom nerd, future farmer, lab rat.
Anything I say about psilocybes is purely hypothetical.

OfflineKaoKao
The Grippler

Re: Easiest and best way to dose your dried shrooms [Re: mycoscopy]
    #16613922 - 07/29/12 10:49 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I recently began cramming them up my poo hole in search for new ways to ingest them, you know...since they just taste so horrible in all.

--------------------
Anything I say should not be taken as truth, I make up stories and just joke around and stuff.

OfflineJoshuaTree
Fungus Among Us
Male

Loc: U.S.A
Re: Easiest and best way to dose your dried shrooms [Re: boletusoftruth]
    #16613961 - 07/29/12 10:56 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

boletusoftruth said:
Make a pb and j sandwich and before you put the 2 pieces of bread together spread your powdered shrooms on the peanutbutter slice and then make a sandwich.

Eat with a glass of milk.

NO taste BEST way ever.

:2cents:

That's what i did, only i didn't crush them, i just put a whole 3.5 grams caps stems and all. didn't taste that bad, went down very easy, you just got to chew a little bit more.

OfflineAargh
Stranger
Re: Easiest and best way to dose your dried shrooms [Re: JoshuaTree]
    #16964266 - 10/04/12 09:28 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I find making strong ginger shroom tea not only covers the flavor well, it also settles my stomach a little.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate