Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCyris69
Stranger
Male

Loc: USA
Is this normal?
    #8611105 - 07/09/08 01:40 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Me and my best bud a few weeks ago trip for the first time together and had completely different reactions, something I didn't expect from mushrooms. All from the same batch mind you.

I understand everyone feels and experiences something different. I'm used to the unity thing will tripping with a friend but...

We both ate 1.5g dried a piece and I was on a nice trip surprisingly for the does. I felt united with him and was having a great time. However, he felt like everything no longer mattered. He said he felt like a "Fuck everyone and everything" mood and mental train of though and had to try extremely hard not to fall into it and act on it.

Is this normal or a one time fluke? It was a gorgeous day ,perfect setting and atmosphere. Is this likely to happen again? I don't want to loose my tripping partner. He hasn't tried it since and doesn't want to but I've done it each weekend after that with another best friend and had the unity and bliss each time. He said he might give it one more shot by himself to see whats going on or if it happens again.

It just sounded completely opposite of what should have happened. Maybe it was his mood but we were both stoke and slightly nervous of coarse trying something new.

Maybe someone can shed some light on this or how to work around it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
Re: Is this normal? [Re: Cyris69]
    #8611216 - 07/09/08 02:15 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, it's normal in the sense that hallucinogens have the most diverse and unpredictable effects on people compared to all other psychoactive substances.  Put two identical twins together in a room, feed them identical doses of mushrooms, and one may have the best experience of his or her entire life while the other has the worst.  The outside (setting) is as important as the inside (life experience, personality, mood) with shrooms.  It's impossible to predict whether or not this guy will have the same reaction if he trips again, though of course it's a lot likelier given his previous reaction.  One simple thing he could do would be to take a lower dose, but he has to be the one interested in giving it another shot.
IMO the majority of the general population, as in more than 50%, does not react favorably to the psychedelic experience -- which can be unpleasant, overwhelming, or even traumatic.  One bad trip is enough for many of the inexperienced to swear off hallucinogens.  This can be frustrating for the rest of us because we desire to share the magic with others.

OfflineCoaster
BaĘżal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: Is this normal? [Re: Land_Crab]
    #8611224 - 07/09/08 02:16 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

super normal
sum ppl man :nonono:

--------------------

OfflineCyris69
Stranger
Male

Loc: USA
    #8612685 - 07/09/08 11:30 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

^^^Yeah :frown:

Well, when I said. "Man, I wish you'd trip with me one last time." Hes like I know. But I told him either way its cool and its his decision. So he said he will try some experiments alone in his comfy place aka his room. Then try adding things like another person, going outside, etc...
He said things looked cool but very light 'trip' more mental.
Maybe he's a night tripper and the day just makes him feel this way... Strange but maybe.

Is a very heavy feeling a normal trip side effect? Every time I trip I feel so heavy that I just need to lay down. But walking is cool and all just real heavy.

Offlinecynick420
stranger danger!
Male User Gallery

Loc: earth i think?
    #8613077 - 07/09/08 01:27 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

maybe he would respond to lsd better...i know a lot of people who do. some people react weird to mushrooms but not acid and vice-versa. probably dont have him try a huge dose but if he liked the visual aspect of those shrooms he would prolly like acid, and at the doses of both mushrooms and acid that produce similar visuals, i find acid has way less effect on rationalization and reasoning.

--------------------

InvisibleChronic7

Re: Is this normal? [Re: cynick420]
    #8613137 - 07/09/08 01:41 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Set & setting does have alot to do with it but if theres something inside that needs to be faced that will come up, it will come up whether your under the sun with friends or in the woods alone at night

:peace:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag