Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCyrone
That guy
Male User Gallery

Full 1/8th my first time on shrooms in a public place?
    #8602522 - 07/06/08 10:24 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Should I do it?

I've done acid a few times as well as salvia. I've read about shrooms for a couple years and finally managed to find a couple quality 1/8ths. My plan is to take a couple friends (only getting high) to Chicago botanic gardens, so yes it's a public place but really beautiful and think it'd be straight for tripping. If it gets bad we could walk to a secluded area (half of it is more empty but still people), my Q is would I really get out of control to the point of looking suspicious? Or should I take less?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLeperFace
Stranger

Re: Full 1/8th my first time on shrooms in a public place? [Re: Cyrone]
    #8602529 - 07/06/08 10:27 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, your first time, you will look suspicious, because you don't know what to expect or how to cope with the fact that you're tripping. You also don't know how to "look normal" as your perception is altered and you're inexperienced, leaving you unable to make yourself perceivably "in your right mind" to other folks.. I would suggest tripping on that high of a dose somewhere very secluded when you have no worries, friends are okay..

And just to let you know, my first trip was on about 2 grams and it kicked my ass.. I'm 6'0" and 240 pounds too.. I think you'd be better off taking my advice on this one. :P

Edited by LeperFace (07/06/08 10:29 PM)

OfflineRebelution
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8602531 - 07/06/08 10:28 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

You might bug out by seeing random people but if you have good friends you trust everything will probably go well.

OfflineExploding Man
Stranger
Male

Re: Full 1/8th my first time on shrooms in a public place? [Re: Rebelution]
    #8602549 - 07/06/08 10:36 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Well you could take about 2 grams of it, then if things are going great you could maybe run back out to your car and eat another gram or 2.

Nothing wrong with not downing an 18th in one sitting.  Although like he said I am 6'1" and 200 pounds and an 1/8 can take me out.

You will have a blast no matter what degree of trip you are on.  Just have fun with your friends.

--------------------
:smile:  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:

OfflineCyrone
That guy
Male User Gallery

Re: Full 1/8th my first time on shrooms in a public place? [Re: Rebelution]
    #8602556 - 07/06/08 10:38 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Hmm .. well, by the way I'm 5'6 and 150 lbs.
It's just that, people say the 1st time you do shrooms it's unique and you'll never experience something like it again, and it's to be cherished or something cheesy like that. So call me adventurous but I just want to be sure I don't go around yelling gibberish at random people.

OfflineExploding Man
Stranger
Male

#8602602 - 07/06/08 10:50 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

No no, I agree.  It should be adventurous, my first time I ate about an 1/8th but unfortunately I would not have passed in public.  It was hella fun and I would'nt trade that bonding experience with my friends for anything.  However gibberish can happen on an 1/8th.

You will have fun either way.  Whats the worst that could happen.  People will stare and say your on drugs.  Just prepare for that and you will be fine.

Tell your friends to expect that and be able to diffuse a situation like that.  If you are talking gibberish or acting wierd just have them tell you so.  You will most likely be concious enough to pick up on their cues.  You will deffinately like your experience no matter what you choose.

--------------------
:smile:  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:

OfflineLeperFace
Stranger

Re: Full 1/8th my first time on shrooms in a public place? [Re: Exploding Man]
    #8602615 - 07/06/08 10:58 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, honestly though I still feel bad sending the guy in to public.. You'd probably be better off just finding a flower patch or a really nice stream in the woods, something.. You'll be much more comfortable if you're only around people you know, I seriously wouldn't go in public the first time, you don't know how they effect you, the strangers could set off a bad trip and it can be incredibly hard to pull yourself out of, if you start getting thought loops..

I dunno guys, I'm starting to get a bad feeling in my gut for this guy. =/ In the end it's your choice but something's telling me to speak over the past few posters and warn you to keep it mellow for your first time..

My first time, when I was coming up to a peak, everything was tinted a strange color and everything had a red outline.. My vision started shaking like another planet had just collided with earth and I lost my balance.. couldn't stand very well, I just wanted to stay flat on the floor.. If I had been in public when this happened, I would have had a horrible, horrible trip.. All I can do is wish you luck, but hopefully I've persuaded you a bit. =/

OfflineExploding Man
Stranger
Male

Re: Full 1/8th my first time on shrooms in a public place? [Re: LeperFace]
    #8602623 - 07/06/08 11:03 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Ok, that post reminded me of the last time I dosed an 1/8th.  I passed out 3 or 4 times.  My friends were the only reason I didn't just drop where I lay.

He is right.  Either take less or find a chill spot.

Sorry for the flip flop.  You are gonna have a blast and there are plenty of trips left in you.  Your first time will be memorable because of the fun and the friends.  The amount of drugs you take won't change that.

A gut feeling is a gut feeling.  You should listen to your own gut.  I agree with him.  Your wouldn't have asked if you weren't 100% sure.

--------------------

Edited by Exploding Man (07/06/08 11:04 PM)

OfflineAlicedee25

Re: Full 1/8th my first time on shrooms in a public place? [Re: Exploding Man]
    #8603236 - 07/07/08 06:17 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i really wouldnt. i've flipped shit on 1/8's before, even after doing them more times than i can count. blackouts, vomiting, inablity to move.. yeah. I like to be in my house for those things usually.

--------------------
Here's Tom with the weather

Offlinejhoppa
mushy musician

Re: Full 1/8th my first time on shrooms in a public place? [Re: Alicedee25]
    #8603352 - 07/07/08 08:00 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

if your friends aren't tripping perhaps consider this:

eat the eighth in your own home (or the home of a friend, whatever).
give it an hour or two to peak.  if you're feeling groovy still, have your friends drive you to the gardens and check it out for a while before going back and smokin a fat bowl for the comedown.

that way you can see where this eighth is going to take you, see if you can handle it.  there's no reason you have to spend all 6 hours of your trip in one place.

fwiw, i went out in public on my first trip (also a very strong eighth)—not anywhere like botanical gardens, but just a walk out to the park as i was coming up.  it was not bad—there was one point when i was coming up really hard that i had to stop and take a maybe 15 minute break sitting under a tree to collect myself a little—at that point i decided that it'd be best to get home.  good thing, because i was totally nuts for the rest of the time.

OfflineCyrone
That guy
Male User Gallery

Re: Full 1/8th my first time on shrooms in a public place? [Re: jhoppa]
    #8603658 - 07/07/08 10:28 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Heh well thanks for looking out for me, it does seem like things will probably get too intense during the peak (3 hours into it?)

But, 90% chance I'm still gonna do this.. some things I should mention is the gardens are right next to the woods in which we will be riding our bikes through the woods/path to get to the gardens. Meaning, if the trip does get too bad, I can always take a (long?) walk or a bike ride back to the woods where there's no people. I just wanted to have a plan or idea of the CHANCE of that happening.. which so far seems to be pretty high :crazy:

OfflineHelpme1
freak
Male

Loc: shlums-of-meltbanana
    #8603683 - 07/07/08 10:41 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

if its an 1/8 of some good potent shrooms you are DEFINATELY NOT going to want to be chillin in public lol!!!

Thats such a recipe for disaster. I mean you have done acid, so you have an idea of what its going to be like. But its going to freak you out that you are in public frying ass on mushrooms. Even if you can act normal, theres still gonna be the worry/paranoia/anxiety, its a fucking TRIP dood. Why would you even want to try and act normal ??? that basically defeats the purpose of doing it.

Go somewhere secluded in nature and run/scream/dance/writhe on the ground, in pleasure, in peace!!!:heart::mushroom2:

--------------------
:bobmarley:
"woah, that cat was really buggin out man, you should have put on some grateful dead so he could relax and enjoi his trip" -random shroomerite

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: New York Flag
Re: Full 1/8th my first time on shrooms in a public place? [Re: Helpme1]
    #8603799 - 07/07/08 11:19 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

just chill in the woods if you have to go through them anyway. public = bad, esp. your first time. authority figures, sober people... why act normal when youre tripping? youre taking the shroomies for a reason, trying to act normal completely defeats the purpose.

Offlinearpnuke
Always changing
 User Gallery

Re: Full 1/8th my first time on shrooms in a public place? [Re: Platinum]
    #8603865 - 07/07/08 11:39 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

LSA, and probably LSD, was much more enjoyable in public than mushrooms ever were.  That place sounds really cool, but imagine all those people around you when your brain gets stripped down to the cosmic core and you're full on tripping face in a crowd.  If you know how to let go and not talk too much, it probably would be alright.

Definitely do not take 1/8th.  On my first time that blew my mind.  During the peak I was floating/swimming towards a big white light that I felt like everyone who had ever tripped before me had visited.  I thought of the faces of teachers/friends/etc that seemed to have tripped and they were all smiling at me.  It was scary and ecstatic enough in the comfort of my own home, but I couldn't imagine the feeling of being in two very different realities at once.  Paranoia could destroy the trip.

You know yourself better than anyone ever will, but I think a dose of around 1-1.5g would be nice for a stroll in the botanical gardens.  When you get home or back in the car eat maybe 4g total that day.

Hope you have fun, the botanical gardens sounds like a great choice.  Seeing nature in the middle of a huge city would probably get some interesting thoughts going.  Good vibes for you :mushroom2:

OfflineMushr00m_Man
ganja lover!!

Loc: The end of the road
Re: Full 1/8th my first time on shrooms in a public place? [Re: arpnuke]
    #8604109 - 07/07/08 12:56 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

fuck no man dont chow down shrooms in public. i had a friend who tried an eigth in a public place his first time and he freaked the fuck out and spent the night in a holding cell and we had to post bail when he soberd the fuck up.you are diving into a whirlpool of disaster

--------------------
SMOKE MARIJUANA

Offlineskunkape
earth bound

Re: Full 1/8th my first time on shrooms in a public place? [Re: Mushr00m_Man]
    #8604127 - 07/07/08 01:02 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

arpnuke said:
You know yourself better than anyone ever will, but I think a dose of around 1-1.5g would be nice for a stroll in the botanical gardens.  When you get home or back in the car eat maybe 4g total that day.

I agree. Eat some for the walk, then eat the rest later.

--------------------

OfflineCyrone
That guy
Male User Gallery

Re: Full 1/8th my first time on shrooms in a public place? [Re: arpnuke]
    #8608312 - 07/08/08 01:48 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

arpnuke said:
LSA, and probably LSD, was much more enjoyable in public than mushrooms ever were.  That place sounds really cool, but imagine all those people around you when your brain gets stripped down to the cosmic core and you're full on tripping face in a crowd.

Good advice; indeed I did take 2 hits of acid at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago and was surrounded by people the entire day. However I did not mind, even though I was peaking in the middle of Navy Pier and was laughing like a madman. So perhaps that's why I'm not afraid of shrooms in public. BTW I gave the wrong impression by calling this a "public" place; sure it's public but that doesn't mean it's crowded, only certain areas are crowded and theres still plenty of places to chill out at look at a pond and stuff.

The day is tomorrow.. it's gonna be a nice sunny day I really don't think much can go wrong. So, wish me luck!!:sun::mushroom2::sun::mushroom2::sun:

InvisibleGr33nTree73
 User Gallery

Loc: 585/843
Re: Full 1/8th my first time on shrooms in a public place? [Re: jhoppa]
    #8608344 - 07/08/08 01:54 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Take the 1/8 alone somewhere with just some friends and yes, cherish it.  An 1/8 will really give you what you're probably looking for.  Lower doses are fun but you wont find what you're expecting...  Eat em' all! :thumbup::mushroom2:

I really wouldn't go out in public though, shrooms aren't quite like acid.  Acid you're in a car and your driving; shrooms your in a car in the passenger seat and a demon is driving.

Try em' somewhere secure first.

--------------------

InvisibleNwerd
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#8608350 - 07/08/08 01:55 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Here is one point you might want to take into consideration.I'm all for trippin almost anywhere... But I prefer secluded locations... However, I have never had a bad trip anywhere and I have been in public places... And you say you've done LSD and Salvia... So I think you might have a good time... BUT... Can you guarantee that all the friends you decided to take with you are going to be all peaches and cream in that situation...
One of em could be flipped and not handling it too well... Then you all are trippin in a public place having to worry about your friend who might never forgive ya lol..
All things should be considered before any trip anywhere. Bottom line.

OfflineCyrone
That guy
Male User Gallery

Re: Full 1/8th my first time on shrooms in a public place? [Re: Nwerd]
    #8627378 - 07/12/08 10:33 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I've been meaning to do shrooms for about 3 years now, but finally did them this summer when I got an 1/8th from my friends' neighbor. I have done LSD and Salvia a few times and love them both, but shrooms were the real goal for me. I managed to convince 2 friends to ride bikes to Chicago Botanic Gardens and ate the 1/8th on the way there. In hindsight, I ate them too early, because I was acting pretty retarded while still riding our bikes.

The 1st sensation was my friends' backpack. I know it sounds dumb, but my friends' backpack morphed into Darth Vader's helmet while I was riding behind him, and I was listening to some real creepy music (The Orb) that made it sound like he was talking to me. I thought I would have a bad trip! My first time! On top of that, while they were smoking weed (I was the only one tripping) I got 2 mosquito bites ON MY FACE. I thought I would freak out because it was unprecedentRather than environment, I've looked more at what type of friends I'd rather be with. ed. But it went away once we got to  the gardens and had forgotten about them both.

Once we got there I peaked, we locked our bikes and started walking and all I did was laugh my ass off and say retarded shit. It was ok because they were high, so I didn't mind and had TONS of fun. The best (worst?) part was when one of them got so high he thought he could leapfrog over me. So here I am, peaking 90 mins into my 1st shroom trip, and some guy tackles me to the ground. Somehow, I don't mind...

After that, we got to the entrance and there were tons of people walking around. And somehow I didn't give a shit. I know a lot of people are like "why would you trip an 1/8th in public???" but I totally didn't care about the people and didn't have the slightest bad trip. In fact, while we were walking this old lady stopped us. She said:

"hey, you guys, come look at those swans [in the water]. People don't see them very often"
"Um, okay, yeah they look great"
"So, uh, why are they rarely seen?"
"Because of people like you"
"???"
"See? You were just walking  by. You would have never seen those baby swans unless I stopped you. People these days simply don't observe the nature around them"

This kinda hit my friend hard, and was one of the highlights of the trip. Why I didn't care? We were walking to a certain location. That's why I didn't notice; I was on a mission. But she kinda stood out and it makes you wonder why she would stop a few 19 year old kids like us randomly like that.. coincidentally while I'm tripping shrooms to say some deep shit.

After that we sat by a geyser, and the ground I was sitting on was slightly melting, moving, while we talked politics. Here I got slightly disappointed, because on LSD the visuals were a lot stronger. I realized that for me, shrooms were more like weed and salvia rather than a straight hallucinogen, which is unlike what I expected. Because, at this point, the peak was over, and shrooms didn't "blow my mind", nor did they teach me anything introspective, nor did I feel like throwing away my cell phone or my clothes like some reports I've read. I expected so much more, so at that point it was underwhelming.

The only other visuals I had were when we were sitting on an island, while my friends were smoking more, I saw something major while glancing at the trees. At first, the trees started melting together and shifting just like on LSD. I thought, cool. But THEN, I saw their aura in the sky. There was a slight white outline against the blue sky, and then, the trees seemed to "push" the negative blue aura into the rest of the sky; it was amazing because it looked like they were fighting off something, some negative energy. Then when I looked up at the sky, there was a whirlpool that formed wherever I looked; a throbbing pulsating center that all the aura in the sky was shifting towards. Very fast paced, I could barely take it in all at once. I wonder if other shroomers have paid attention to the sky?

Ultimately I must say I was expecting more than I got; especially after a full 1/8th. I didn't experience:
- colors being really vivid
- thought loops, or continuous thinking
- insight or deep thoughts
.. in fact I could barely think at all. I blame this in part to how much physical activity we did; I mean we were on our feet all day and I didn't really get a chance to sit back and enjoy visuals or thoughts so in some ways it might be my fault. But, I still have another 1/8th left, and this time will combine with lemon juice, so hopefully it'll be more worth it!

Thanks to everyone who tried helping me out all those years past, ultimately I had a great time and while I turned out to be a bigger fan of LSD, I'm glad I got this weight off my shoulders. Peace...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom