Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblebort

Folder Options
    #8600309 - 07/06/08 10:29 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Recently I found out that some of my folders are not in the same order as others.

My setup is : Artist(s) Folder(icons) > Album(s) Folder(tiles) > Song(s) Folder(details)

But sometimes in other artist folders, the songs would be in icon/tile forum, and I can't see the songs in order by track #

So I know there is someway to make all song sub folders to be set in details, I just don't know where that option is.

Heres a pic for better explanation:

I would like to have all my music folders to be like that, but they change for some weird reason or another.
So where can I change the folder defaults to my liking?

THANKS!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSgtBob
 User Gallery

Re: Folder Options [Re: bort]
    #8600546 - 07/06/08 12:01 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I think with windows you can only set 'have every window maintain last setting' or 'each window maintains its own last setting'. so you'd have to go through and do them all yourself.
Alternative:
you purchase.... or 'purchase' via torrent a lil program called Media Monkey, i love this thing, i can download a folder from soulseek, then from media monkey i just tell it to 'autotag songs from amazon.com' it labels titles, tracks, albums, downloads the cd cover and everything. Then i just tell it to 'auto organize files based on tags' which i have set up to always send them to <artist>/<album>/<songs> now this doesnt solve your problem of viewing from windows, but it has an explorer style view thats setup the way you want. Plus, it will play through winamp if you want. Awesome program!

--------------------
Can the critics still deny that the geometry of matter is directly related to the harmonic interweaving of light itself? There is no substance, in the absolute sense. We live in a reality of un-reality; all is an illusion and the stuff that dreams are made of. Our physical world is nothing more than a resonating ball of light and shade."

"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern."

Invisiblebort

Re: Folder Options [Re: SgtBob]
    #8600825 - 07/06/08 01:31 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

SgtBob said:
I think with windows you can only set 'have every window maintain last setting' or 'each window maintains its own last setting'. so you'd have to go through and do them all yourself.
Alternative:
you purchase.... or 'purchase' via torrent a lil program called Media Monkey, i love this thing, i can download a folder from soulseek, then from media monkey i just tell it to 'autotag songs from amazon.com' it labels titles, tracks, albums, downloads the cd cover and everything. Then i just tell it to 'auto organize files based on tags' which i have set up to always send them to <artist>/<album>/<songs> now this doesnt solve your problem of viewing from windows, but it has an explorer style view thats setup the way you want. Plus, it will play through winamp if you want. Awesome program!

Thanks for the input, I forgot to mention that I use MediaMonkey 3 Gold Edition. It is excellent program and I love using it.

My problem is that some song folders (Artist>Album>SONGS) will be in details, and some will be in icons, different views, but I just want all the folders to have the same viewing properties.

Thanks!

OfflineSgtBob
 User Gallery

Re: Folder Options [Re: bort]
    #8601019 - 07/06/08 02:47 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I'd say using just plain ole windows thats not possible, aside from going through and setting each folder that way. Better off just viewing through media monkey. Thats usually what i just do. Anytime im in the actual folders im doin somekind of maintanence so the view doesnt bother me.

--------------------
Can the critics still deny that the geometry of matter is directly related to the harmonic interweaving of light itself? There is no substance, in the absolute sense. We live in a reality of un-reality; all is an illusion and the stuff that dreams are made of. Our physical world is nothing more than a resonating ball of light and shade."

"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern."

Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Folder Options [Re: SgtBob]
    #8601331 - 07/06/08 04:35 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

There's no way to set the view options of subfolders. The settings for each individual folder are stored in the registry, so in theory a script could go through the registry and put the settings in. However there's a limit of 512 folders - this is why folders eventually lose their view options.

--------------------
I know... that just the smallest
                                                part of the world belongs to me
You know... I'm not a blind man
                                                    but truth is the hardest thing to see

Invisiblebort

Re: Folder Options [Re: zouden]
    #8603451 - 07/07/08 08:56 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

zouden said:
There's no way to set the view options of subfolders. The settings for each individual folder are stored in the registry, so in theory a script could go through the registry and put the settings in. However there's a limit of 512 folders - this is why folders eventually lose their view options.

Did not know.

Thanks.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder