Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTherabbithole
Stranger
I Need some advice on my PR cakes
    #8598918 - 07/05/08 10:09 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Hello every one this is my first post and my first grow.  I am having a problem with one of my Puerto Rican cakes... I think.  I know pics would be helpful but I dont have access to a camera right now.  Anyways I fruited my cakes about 4 days ago and both of my PR cakes that I fruited have light yellow and ashen Grey mycelium growing over top of the verm layer.  One of my cakes has little afro tuffs growing out and it looks as if the mycelium has overlayed most of the verm layer.  I have looked at most of the PR cake grows in the forums and this growth is not on any of the healthy cakes.  I thought it might be a mold or bacteria of some sort, but the cakes still smell "mushroomy".  It could also be overlay, and I know without a picture its hard to diagnose.  But really all I want to know is if the color of the PRs mycelium is supposed to be that color or not.  Ah one more piece of information.  I am also doing Mazatapec strain and those cakes look text book healthy with the super white mycelium, hyphael knots, and i am sure pins to come.  This is why I think my PRS may be sick.  one final question.  Does anybody know of a resource which is comprehensive that shows when all of the total possibilities of what can go wrong with nice illustrations?  I am pretty sure the answer is no but just thought id ask.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDJYoshaBYD
Male

Re: I Need some advice on my PR cakes [Re: Therabbithole]
    #8598937 - 07/05/08 10:14 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Anyways I fruited my cakes about 4 days ago and both of my PR cakes that I fruited have light yellow and ashen Grey mycelium growing over top of the verm layer.

all bad

Quote:

One of my cakes has little afro tuffs growing out and it looks as if the mycelium has overlayed most of the verm layer.

I thought you were growing cakes? you cant get overlay on cakes unless you case them...

You should have NO grey or yellow shit on anything.. that is bad.. it should be white or mushrooms.. throw that one out before it infects everything else.. ALWAYS remove contaminated cultures from the FC ASAP...

Offlinejohnny.fairplay
StrangerThanFishin
 User Gallery

Re: I Need some advice on my PR cakes [Re: DJYoshaBYD]
    #8599063 - 07/05/08 10:50 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DJYoshaBYD said:
Quote:

Anyways I fruited my cakes about 4 days ago and both of my PR cakes that I fruited have light yellow and ashen Grey mycelium growing over top of the verm layer.

all bad

Quote:

One of my cakes has little afro tuffs growing out and it looks as if the mycelium has overlayed most of the verm layer.

I thought you were growing cakes? you cant get overlay on cakes unless you case them...

You should have NO grey or yellow shit on anything.. that is bad.. it should be white or mushrooms.. throw that one out before it infects everything else.. ALWAYS remove contaminated cultures from the FC ASAP...

:thumbup:

--------------------
My trade thread

Invisiblebillyboy36
Stranger
Loc: Canada
Re: I Need some advice on my PR cakes [Re: johnny.fairplay]
    #8599099 - 07/05/08 11:01 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

sounds like you probably have cobweb.  Is the myc itself yellow or is there yellowish puddles?  Could be myc piss, but both PR cakes have it, then there's a good chance that it was in the syringe from the beginning and just now showing itself.

OfflineTherabbithole
Stranger
Re: I Need some advice on my PR cakes [Re: billyboy36]
    #8599311 - 07/06/08 12:28 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

yes thank you for your advice! I thought rolling cakes in verm acts as a casing layer? so could it not therefore overlay? I followed the good words the cakes definitely have gotten darker as time went on and after closer examination I saw the cottony stuff growing off of the verm layer so I tossed them

Thanks again this forum has been of great help

Offlinejohnny.fairplay
StrangerThanFishin
 User Gallery

Re: I Need some advice on my PR cakes [Re: Therabbithole]
    #8599330 - 07/06/08 12:35 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

When you are doing a casing  layer you use a non-nutritive layer for the casing layer.  The purpose of the layer is to produce an arid moisture filled place for pins to form.  Overlay is when the mycelium colonizes this layer so fully that there is no longer that enviroment left therefore wasting all the energy and resources for no gains rather than just fruiting without a casing layer.  The vermiculite on top of a cake is not a casing layer.  It is used only as a filter for contaminates.  Aggressive mycelium will reach into the casing layer at times but if you have colorful whisps forming ontop of the vermiculite layer they are contams, toss with minimal exposure then wash very well as you do not want to expose yourself to these( or your cakes for that matter)

--------------------
My trade thread

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: I Need some advice on my PR cakes [Re: johnny.fairplay]
    #8599884 - 07/06/08 05:29 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i also have whitish grey its fuzzy  but im getting pins

--------------------
I am the fakest person on this site. I only pretend to grow and consume illegal mushrooms. I have no knowledge what so ever on any scheduled substance because I know and respect the governing law in the United States of America. All pictures and dialogue posted by me is entirley copyrighted from those who wish to knowingly ignore the laws. I only post these messages as a mere propaganda technique used to gain attention and admiration from others. Thank You

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder