Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCampingShroomer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Cake yield?
    #8597788 - 07/05/08 03:33 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Hey just curious to know if you think I could possibly get 10-12 grams (dry weight) off of two cakes? I am going camping next weekend and I figured with the three of us that are going would need at least 3-4 grams each for a nice trip. does that sound like too much to ask from two cakes? The one cake in the front is doing awesome...this will be the first flush and it looks like its going to be a beauty! The one behind only has about 6 large mushrooms...they are not as big as the one in front but it didnt start growing until a few days after the first one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenumonkei
Back! From thedigestive tractof dave theiguana!

Loc: A Tree
Re: Cake yield? [Re: CampingShroomer]
    #8597806 - 07/05/08 03:40 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Possible... cross your fingers.

They're going good.

And search.

~Monk

InvisibleDJYoshaBYD
Male

Re: Cake yield? [Re: numonkei]
    #8597834 - 07/05/08 03:49 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

maybe.. there are alot of other threads about this.. lol.. search button still works.. haha

more than likely, you wont.. you can always take the cake, out it in boiling water, turn off the heat, strain, and drink it.. I have made bottles of it for my friends out of spent cakes and substrates, and they have gotten pretty lit.. I have done it, as well, but do not prefer the taste..

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

Re: Cake yield? [Re: DJYoshaBYD]
    #8597838 - 07/05/08 03:50 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

follow the lemon tek dude and there will be more than enough

--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

OfflinePowerOfTheCoir
Newbie Sympathizer
Male User Gallery

Re: Cake yield? [Re: numonkei]
    #8597842 - 07/05/08 03:51 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Possible, but that may be a bit on the high end. They shrink a lot when drying. Hollow stems are also somewhat common and make a nasty surprise when they shrink down to nothing. (This is from many sad experiences)

You probably don't need quite that much to trip though. Just try to use a good ingestion method to get the most mileage out of what you end up finishing with. The finer the shrooms are chopped up or ground, the more available the actives will be. The basic tea recipe works really well and the Lemon tek will make 1-2 grams send you on a nice trip.

--------------------
Check out my first ever TEK!
Shroom capsules with the Cap-M-Quik (pics)

Offlinebeengonetoolong
Gravy Train Conductor
Male User Gallery

Re: Cake yield? [Re: PowerOfTheCoir]
    #8597869 - 07/05/08 04:01 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Easily 300 pounds.

:crazy2:

--------------------

Is there life after death? Trespass and find out.

InvisibleDJYoshaBYD
Male

#8597870 - 07/05/08 04:02 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I have actually made jello, coolaid, and a bunch of other shit that needs water, using the water from my "mushy tea".. you should just throw the whole yield in for tea, and split that....

Invisiblepsylopsycho
Motivational Speaker
Male

Loc: The Tundra
Re: Cake yield? [Re: DJYoshaBYD]
    #8598172 - 07/05/08 06:10 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

We did Jello shots before from boiled down cakes. No alcohol, only mush tea. Seemed to work really well for me. :wink:

--------------------

Someone actually said: "some 1 told me to try long brown rice and water and vermiculite and pressure cook for 1 hour i did but nothing happen that is y was wonting to no if i need spores ""

InvisibleBrain Fart
Mushroom Nerd
 User Gallery

Loc: Your Mom Flag
Re: Cake yield? [Re: psylopsycho]
    #8598191 - 07/05/08 06:17 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Hollow Stems are gay

/punch B+

--------------------

OfflineCampingShroomer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Cake yield? [Re: Brain Fart]
    #8598267 - 07/05/08 06:47 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the comments! Do you'll think the pinheads that have black tips should be picked with the first flush? They dont seem to be growing. This is my first grow so I am looking for as much help as I can get.

OfflineTheBandit
Infidel
Male

#8598289 - 07/05/08 06:58 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

you could always freeze them until whenever you plan on eating them, and eat them fresh.
theyre more potent when fresh and all you have to do is divide by ten.
want a 3.5g trip? eat 35g fresh.
you prolly wont need as much with fresh. IMHO

--------------------

[quote]RogerRabbit said:
Ah, that explains it.  Typical know-it-all noob.  We get a few thousand just like you register here every year.  They try a few grows, fail miserably and then after a few months or one bad trip, go back to sniffing glue, never to be seen again.

We have a basic pf tek that's idiot proof enough for noobs to get fucked up with their friends. 

Mycologists on the other hand grow for the love of growing.  They want to experiment with various species, substrates, and fruiting environments. They'll move on to isolate strains, attempt hybridization, and in general treat cultivation as an artform, rather than a chore that must be performed as a means to an end.  They'll work twice as hard for a ten percent gain, just for the love of perfection.  These are the ones who will isolate strains, not the dumb fucks who treat mushrooms as a drug, or even worse, a pathogen, as if mushrooms cause disease.
RR [/quote]

OfflineBrandNewbie
Captain
Male

Loc: U.S.A.
Re: Cake yield? [Re: beengonetoolong]
    #8600997 - 07/06/08 02:40 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

beengonetoolong said:
Easily 300 pounds.

Crap. That's dry I hope...

--------------------
Question: Why do women wear make-up and perfume? 
Answer: Because they're ugly and they stink.

InvisibleLedd
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Innerspace Flag
Re: Cake yield? [Re: BrandNewbie]
    #8601041 - 07/06/08 02:53 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Freezing fresh mushies reduces them to black goo, from what I hear. This is not from experience, just from reading.

And yes, a tea might increase desired effects. However, this is achieved because water allows a more rapid delivery of the active chemicals. A more rapid absorption results in a shorter experience.

Either way have fun and be safe.

--------------------
We mean nothing we do not mean to do.

Edited by Ledd (07/07/08 03:51 PM)

OfflinePowerOfTheCoir
Newbie Sympathizer
Male User Gallery

#8601110 - 07/06/08 03:12 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

beengonetoolong said:
Easily 300 pounds.

You've got to stop spreading this type of misinformation. This is the reason that noobs get so confused on this site.

300 pounds is the total per cake yield for ALL OF THE FLUSHES COMBINED and it only applies to Golden Teacher.

As we all know, B+ is a genetically modified cross-breed of a cubensis and a azure. This results in much larger fruits, so B+ reliably yields between 382 lbs and 396 lbs over the life of one cake. Yield goes down each flush, so B+ will look like (per cake):

1st Flush = 121 lbs
2nd = 81 lbs
3rd = 80 lbs
4th = 60 lbs
5th = 40 lbs
and if you're lucky, you'll get a 6th flush
6th = 14lbs

Don't spawn B+ to straw though. One noob on this site spawned a cake to a 2 foot long straw log. He left the plastic wrapper on the log and stood it up vertically. He then picked off every pinhead that formed for a month until he finally let one survive. The substrate put all of it's energy into one giant 300+ lb shroom which killed him when it dumped thousands of football sized spores on his head.

--------------------

OfflineRedthunder25
Student of Mycology
Male User Gallery

Loc: US
    #8601117 - 07/06/08 03:17 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Hey man, to be honest. A foaf had a amazonian cake and I heard 10 grams wet f'ed him up pretty good.  They say wet is a way better high.  He of course usually eats 7g's dry but wet is certainly more potent.  At least from his experience.

--------------------

Offlinebeengonetoolong
Gravy Train Conductor
Male User Gallery

#8601123 - 07/06/08 03:19 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

PowerOfTheCoir said:
Quote:

beengonetoolong said:
Easily 300 pounds.

You've got to stop spreading this type of misinformation. This is the reason that noobs get so confused on this site.

300 pounds is the total per cake yield for ALL OF THE FLUSHES COMBINED and it only applies to Golden Teacher.

As we all know, B+ is a genetically modified cross-breed of a cubensis and a azure. This results in much larger fruits, so B+ reliably yields between 382 lbs and 396 lbs over the life of one cake. Yield goes down each flush, so B+ will look like (per cake):

1st Flush = 121 lbs
2nd = 81 lbs
3rd = 80 lbs
4th = 60 lbs
5th = 40 lbs
6th = 14lbs

Don't spawn B+ to straw though. One noob on this site spawned a cake to a 2 foot long straw log. He left the plastic wrapper on the log and stood it up vertically. He then picked off every pinhead that formed for a month until he finally let one survive. The substrate put all of it's energy into one giant 300+ lb shroom which killed him when it dumped thousands of football sized spores on his head.

--------------------

Is there life after death? Trespass and find out.

Offlinewasting_space
....JerkO'lantern....

Loc: halloweentown
    #8601211 - 07/06/08 03:53 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Normally you should get anywhere between 1 to 4 dry grams off of one cake per flush...  (Of course this amount could change whether or not plutonium was added to the substrate material):farmerdance:

--------------------

OfflineBrandNewbie
Captain
Male

Loc: U.S.A.
    #8601212 - 07/06/08 03:53 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

PowerOfTheCoir said:
Quote:

beengonetoolong said:
Easily 300 pounds.

1st Flush = 121 lbs
2nd = 81 lbs
3rd = 80 lbs
4th = 60 lbs
5th = 40 lbs
6th = 14lbs

This is, of course, if you're doing everything just right.

Dude, I'm pissing my pants over here....  :dielaughing:

--------------------
Question: Why do women wear make-up and perfume? 
Answer: Because they're ugly and they stink.

OfflineCampingShroomer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Cake yield? [Re: BrandNewbie]
    #8601295 - 07/06/08 04:23 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Last night I tripped harder than I ever have before off of 15 grams (wet) of the shrooms you see in my pic at the top. My girl had the same amount. I have to tell you that I must be doing something right cuz these are potent little devils. I have taken twice as much as that before and not tripped near as hard...seriously I didn't even know you could trip that hard. For a about an hour I didn't know if I could handle it...and I have tripped several times before. The whole fucking room was pulsing and breathing in and out. Faces on the fucking walls. I have heard of people having crazy visuals but I just thought they were bullshit liars. It appears they weren't. If I had to describe it I would say it was a level 5 trip.
Is it possible to grow extra potent shrooms?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (07/06/08 12:00 PM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

OfflinePowerOfTheCoir
Newbie Sympathizer
Male User Gallery

#8601378 - 07/06/08 04:48 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

CampingShroomer said:
Last night I tripped harder than I ever have before off of 15 grams (wet) of the shrooms you see in my pic at the top. My girl had the same amount. I have to tell you that I must be doing something right cuz these are potent little devils. I have taken twice as much as that before and not tripped near as hard...seriously I didn't even know you could trip that hard. For a about an hour I didn't know if I could handle it...and I have tripped several times before. The whole fucking room was pulsing and breathing in and out. Faces on the fucking walls. I have heard of people having crazy visuals but I just thought they were bullshit liars. It appears they weren't. If I had to describe it I would say it was a level 5 trip.

Is it possible to grow super-shrooms? Sure. Multispore varies wildly. Usually MS grows produce genetically average fruits due to the "averaging" effect of anamastosis (sp?), but like any normal curve, there are going to be some outliers. Some people get a bunch of duds, you seem to have gotten lucky and been somewhere on the other end of the spectrum.

Is it possible to DELIBERATELY produce super shrooms? Only with cloning or, even better, isolation on agar. With those methods you need to do a lot of guessing and failing though. You don't know the potency until the fruit is grown and eaten, so you would need to clone samples from fruits before consumption in the hopes that they might be potent. With isolates from spore swipes, you'd need to isolate a bunch of strains to find one that will produce something great.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract