Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNineStorms
The Dragon
Male

Loc: Existing between Heaven a...
LSD skin visuals?
    #8560438 - 06/24/08 10:48 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

So I did the prerequisite search, and didn't find anything relating to my topic. I've only taken acid a handful of times, but once I got over the "wow" phase and started trying to pay attention, I noticed all over my body these patterns, which I haven't really noticed on mushrooms. I'd like to get some lucy and try to trace over the designs some time: they've seemed to be the same every trip, in the same locations, and tend to mimic asian designs I've seen in art (I'm moderately knowledgeable on that topic). I'm also half asian myself, so I was curious whether there was a correlation. It's basically a repeating pattern.

Seems pretty obvious to me that acid must translate some information that we normally process subconciously into a visual format. Does anyone else get these repeating visual skin patterns? I usually trip alone, but I've wanted to look at other people recently while tripping on lsd to see if the patterns are the same or different... from what little I've glimpsed, I think they're different on every person I see. I've heard about "auras" a little, and I could accept that they're something of that stripe. But if I was going to put a totally unsupported conclusion out there, they seem to me to be like a genetic thumbprint. I hope to check this out again soon, but acid always gives me a bit of a headache over the next few days even after hydrating myself well, and to be honest I haven't been in the best state of mind either, so perhaps it'll have to wait. I can still ask the shroomery though!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejetpackjake
Brisketball Champion
Male

Loc: Fortuna, California
Re: LSD skin visuals? [Re: NineStorms]
    #8561075 - 06/25/08 02:14 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

haha, rad idea man! my only question... do you think you could do it? do the patterns not move?

would be funny to see someone trying to trace something on their skin that you can't see and they keep getting frustrated caus the invisible patterns are moving.

OfflineTheBulb2005
Human

Re: LSD skin visuals? [Re: jetpackjake]
    #8561156 - 06/25/08 03:09 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Whenever I saw patterns on my skin, they consisted of small little repeating cubes which, themselves, had detailed and infinite patterns. I could also take one of those cubes to stare at and turn it into whatever I wanted visually, as if my skin was a canvas.

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: LSD skin visuals? [Re: TheBulb2005]
    #8561196 - 06/25/08 03:54 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Mine are strange and hard to explain, but look like nonexistant letters and asterisks all glued together, alot of spidering designs too. Its all very organic though and turns out to be the same pattern my world is made up of, of course, that could just be the pattern of my eye.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: LSD skin visuals? [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #8561368 - 06/25/08 05:58 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

mine are tiny neon lines figures mayan/astec/egyptian etc.
but they are the same on other people's skin at the same time.
different on my skin at other times

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineJonnyDeformed

Male User Gallery

Loc: Directlyundertheearthssun...
Re: LSD skin visuals? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #8561382 - 06/25/08 06:10 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Same here, mayan/astec/egyptian eastern etc.
They tend to cover everything though not just skin.
Its 'the grid'.
Can't imagine tracing it, its ever changing.

--------------------

dubiousness
Dubious compound

it is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong.
A penalty for possession of a drug/plant should not be more damaging than the drug/plant itself.

Offlineepilectric
low dose
Male User Gallery

Loc: Vienna
    #8561383 - 06/25/08 06:13 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

i also get this reoccuring pattern warped over my vision, everytime i take lsd
it increases, the longer i focus on one spot, regardless of what i look at, it could be skin, grass, a wall, or just about anything else
it's very geometrical and reminds me of computer transistors
it glows in neon colours (mostly white, green, red, blue, yellow)
i've talked to several people and many of them also see this reoccuring pattern on lsd
i think it's some archetypal thing, that is in our brains from our very birth
lsd seems to unlock something in our brain, decoding visual information into this pattern
it's the mathematics of our brain, hard to explain

--------------------
i :heartpump: shroomery

https://soundcloud.com/cyberhops/tracks

Edited by epilectric (06/25/08 06:26 AM)

OfflineJonnyDeformed

Male User Gallery

Loc: Directlyundertheearthssun...
Re: LSD skin visuals? [Re: JonnyDeformed]
    #8561389 - 06/25/08 06:15 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

The closest things to tryptamine visuals i have found are persian rug designs.

They're fecking brilliant.

--------------------

dubiousness
Dubious compound

it is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong.
A penalty for possession of a drug/plant should not be more damaging than the drug/plant itself.

Edited by JonnyDeformed (06/25/08 06:21 AM)

Offlineepilectric
low dose
Male User Gallery

Loc: Vienna
Re: LSD skin visuals? [Re: JonnyDeformed]
    #8561406 - 06/25/08 06:25 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

yeah
the first one is pretty similar, the second one not quite as much
also alex grey's art is also pretty close, but not as detailed (but that is virtually impossible to draw)

--------------------
i :heartpump: shroomery

https://soundcloud.com/cyberhops/tracks

OfflineAlicedee25

#8562048 - 06/25/08 11:11 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

i've tried to trace the patterns before, not on my skin though.. either way i the pen's ink melted everywhere(not literally) and the pattern moved faster than thought for me. I still have the drawing, it's two curved lines, which i thought filled the page. good luck tho

--------------------
Here's Tom with the weather

Offline81Renaissance
Mad Scientist
Male

Re: LSD skin visuals? [Re: Alicedee25]
    #8562083 - 06/25/08 11:19 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Another possibility is that they aren't auras, but ki lines.  Since ki is the flow of energy through your body, it would make sense that they move, but they would follow whatever pattern is natural for the energy...look at acupuncture guides to see if they match up.

--------------------
"Every passing moment is another chance to turn it all around."

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Re: LSD skin visuals? [Re: 81Renaissance]
    #8562476 - 06/25/08 12:56 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah that first rug...wow. That's alot like it. I want a rug like that.

OfflineRun DMT
information is Power

Loc: ignorance is bliss
    #8562536 - 06/25/08 01:06 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

That's Lucy. I always get the geometric chaos patterns. It would be very difficult to try and trace them, although you could "copy" what you see. Painting is amazing on acid.
It seems as if everyone has dominant colors, too. I mostly see purple and neon green along with the other colors. I usually experiance synesthasia as well.

--------------------
I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think; I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech and freedom of choice. I'm the kind of guy likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder - "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecued ribs with the side order of gravy fries?" I WANT high cholesterol. I wanna eat bacon and butter and BUCKETS of cheese, okay? I want to smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section. I want to run through the streets naked with green Jell-o all over my body reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly might feel the need to, okay, pal?

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Re: LSD skin visuals? [Re: Run DMT]
    #8562598 - 06/25/08 01:17 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

A neon green/blue metallic glowing fusion colour is my favorite to see tripping, it is so undescribably beautiful, I try to paint it sometimes though, can never quite get it right, ah well maybe someday.

I see energies that are white, pink, purple, blue and black.

OfflineMycoGlowFlow
between the walls
Male

Loc: michigan
    #8562637 - 06/25/08 01:26 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

i often see small veins pop up when i look in the mirror but then they join together to form war paint designs.

i see a lot of shifting payzlee designs when i am tripping.

when i truly started to pay attention to the viduals i was getting i noticed many lines or ribbons.  ive been thinking about a meaning behind what you see on a lsd trip for some time.  the only reason i assume there is meaning behind the halucination is their complexity.  tryptamine visuals arent like a distortion visual you get from a dissociative or drinking too much.  they are intricate geometric and colorful patterns that couldnt be just randomly produced by an intoxicated mind.  my thought is that when we take lsd we are too out of our mental capacity to properly interpret the meaning of these waves and strings and colors in our visual field.

what if the difference in geometry and color in visuals stood for different forms of energy and or possibilities.  like strings of potential. 

what if the mind could filter and manipulate this energy with the electric field thats genorated by brain activity.

telekinesis?  bending energy or manipulating it?

its fun to dream of such things but im afraid all my theories are just imaginative masturbation.

--------------------
(the key-strokes that have completed everything ever typed on this user name have been a random coincidence, except for the words in this notation)

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Re: LSD skin visuals? [Re: MycoGlowFlow]
    #8562658 - 06/25/08 01:31 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MycoGlowFlow said:

what if the difference in geometry and color in visuals stood for different forms of energy and or possibilities.  like strings of potential. 

what if the mind could filter and manipulate this energy with the electric field thats genorated by brain activity.

telekinesis?  bending energy or manipulating it?

its fun to dream of such things but im afraid all my theories are just imaginative masturbation.

Ive thought about that before and I think there is some truth to it. Personally I think I could levitate if I were in the right state of mind, thenagain Ive tripped alot. Onetime on cid I made a stationary fan move without turning it on or blowing any wind towards it. When I strained and strained it didnt work, then when I "let go" kinda like the point where you stare at a magic eye poster and it all pops out, when I let go it started spinning crazy and I saw energy emit from it. Then it would stop again when I commanded stop.

Offlinesongcycle67
Gypsy Wizard

#8562831 - 06/25/08 02:09 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

When I look at people's skin (including my own) on a moderate dose I see bright hues of blue and green swimming around--no particular patterning.  The skin seems more vivid and more liquidy than normal.  It also seems very thin, it's as if I can see past the top membrane into the veins and blood vessels more clearly.

When I STARE at skin, however, especially my own face in a mirror:  it first starts out normal, but when I keep my eyes open it begins to take on more texture.  Slowly subtle patches of light begin emitting from various places on the face.  Then come dark shadows and designs--much like those experienced with eyes closed.  The longer I stare without closing my eyes, the more these patterns evolve and change--becoming more intricate and detailed with each passing second.

I've noticed that often, in my experience at least, the textures and patterns seen with eyes open are the same as those with eyes closed--super-imposing themselves on the outer world, if you follow.  On several occasions I've waited for these patterns to appear on the outer world and then immediately closed my eyes only to see that the same exact patterns and shapes are still there, but they're super-imposed onto the darkness of my eyelids instead of the furniture or other surfaces of the outer world.

Very hard to explain, hopefully some of you understand what I'm trying to say.

--------------------

Check out my psychedelic acid rock: http://www.myspace.com/kingbeelovesyou

Disclaimer: All posts on this site concerning illegal substances are fictional accounts. I in no way endorse the use of or use any of these substances myself.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: LSD skin visuals? [Re: songcycle67]
    #8562911 - 06/25/08 02:32 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

i agree with the persian rug
or indian sari design aspect.

now a bit of analysis if people will bear that:
the following relates to something in computer graphics, where there is a lovely pixel oriented function called XOR.

I have used this function a lot in computer imaging which is not the same as human vision, but

when you take a color reversed image, and mix it with another highly simmilar one (not reversed) with only a few pixels shift in alignment,
you get elaborate neon effects where edges would be between color areas,
and you get soft neutral grey (or cancellation) where the colors match (i.e. red with anti-red).

several of you may be familiar with what I have been saying about signals fading more slowly in the cortex when psychedelic is active,
and the layering together of images, or moments of sensation, thought etc.

for live (open-eyed) images this leads to richer color where the color layers over the same color,
but for images layered with retinal after-images (eg from blinking)
you will get the mix of image with anti-image, or reverse color image, which is very much like XOR in computer imaging:

so with after image mixed with image, one ought to expect neon squiggles (at image edges)
and regular patterns over top of the visual field where overlapped and shifted anti-image colors cancelled out.

(all from slower fading of signals)

enjoy!

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlinesongcycle67
Gypsy Wizard

#8562939 - 06/25/08 02:43 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Excellent analysis, redgreen!

I get those "negative" images all the time when I blink or someone shines bright light in my eyes--immediately after the light is taken away it's as if everything has gone negative.  Also I've noticed that the more intense silvery shining collages of clouds, suns and planets and things seen with eyes closed on large doses take on that "silvery" sort of negative image quality that you speak of--it's as if, like you said, the image is being overlayed with another image that is moving ever-so-slightly making it appear to "shimmer" and "shine" like a piece of silver slowly wafting in sunlight.

So wonderful to see some science behind this.

--------------------

Check out my psychedelic acid rock: http://www.myspace.com/kingbeelovesyou

Disclaimer: All posts on this site concerning illegal substances are fictional accounts. I in no way endorse the use of or use any of these substances myself.

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Re: LSD skin visuals? [Re: songcycle67]
    #8562986 - 06/25/08 02:58 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

On some very intense acid trips Ive had colours change, grass would turn purple, orange, etc, but sometimes everything would go to greyscale for a little while, or the colours would be "muted" so everything was almost grey.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale