Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblesh4d0ws
LSx
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Outdoor bed
    #8538498 - 06/18/08 08:42 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Im going to do an outdoor bed this season with a few birdseed myco or oven bags, and some golden teacher l.c.

I live in southern ontario and have heard about people growing shrooms outdoors close to me before, so Im pretty sure the climate is

anywho, Ive searched around the forum and havent found any outdoor grows or teks where manure or straw hasnt been used and Im wondering if any of you shroomers know if I can start an outdoor bed without straw or manure, with maybe some soil/coir/peatmoss or something?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHumbled
Local Budtender
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Outdoor bed [Re: sh4d0ws]
    #8538762 - 06/18/08 09:56 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I'm sure you can. I started a bulk spawn outside today with slightly contammed P. cakes and I am waiting to see what happens.

Good Luck Buddy

Oh yeah, I'm in Minnesnowta too, so I'm kinda close as well.:grin:

--------------------
_-_--->My Trade List<---_-_

OfflineAntii
Accident

Re: Outdoor bed [Re: Humbled]
    #8539677 - 06/19/08 04:47 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

im sure you can, and if you have good success mabey you shrould submit it on here for people that dont have access the certain things...

--------------------
"Be yourself, because those who matter don't care, and those who care don't matter." by Dr. Seuss

Trade List!!

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Outdoor bed [Re: Antii]
    #8540020 - 06/19/08 08:07 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Coir should work as well as manure, but it's expensive.  Free horse manure is as close as the nearest stable.  They're always glad to have someone come haul it off for them to use in flower beds.

They'll grow fine in your area in the summer, but they won't survive the winter.  You'll have to start a new grow each year.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom