Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAvalanche
Psychonautical Engineer

Loc: Pacific Northwest, US
Salvia....are people making things up?
    #8538446 - 06/18/08 08:25 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Hey guys,

I have been reading on this website for a long time but I never signed up to post anything.  Well today that has changed.  Anyways, Id like to talk about salvia and the trips I have had.

Let me start off by saying that I am an experienced tripper & I understand that each substance is completely different for everybody.  I have done tons of research on this plant and read at least 50 to a hundred trip reports.

Okay, the first three times I tried salvia it did not work at all.  Why?  Well I started off with the leaves.  Then I moved up to some extract, but I was trying to smoke it out of a pipe.  Very little effects.  So I decided to do some more research and become educated.

Okay, so I get some standardized 30x extract and I load it into a new water bong.  I packed a pretty big bowl and let her rip, holding it in as long as possible.  Ooooooohhhh shit!  Reality just started to melt.  Okay, now I CANT go into much detail with words with this part, because obviously its ineffable and my memory of it all is largely distorted but I will tell you what happened.  I basically felt this new gravity sensation and I got swirled forward and everything I saw around me was 4d yes it had a new dimension to it, I forgot who I was, I didnt know where I was, I kinda thought I was in a new place, but I really wasnt.  Okay, so moving on.

My next few trips were very similar.  I have put all of my memory together and my conclusion is this:  When I smoke salvia I dont actually ever leave this reality, its just my perception GREATLY changes and everything around me turns into a swirling mess of visuals.  I forget who I am every time, and I constantly feel like I am doing front flips which sometimes scares me because I think I may hit my physical bodys face on the floor and crack it open.  Its like I know my body isnt moving but I feel like I am doing front flips.  My visuals always represent the environment around me, even if I close my eyes.

Okay, so its extremely powerful and all, yes I agree.  But where I am confused about is I keep reading all these people saying they are talking to voices, or seeing some salvia entity talk to them and tell them this or that, or they turn into another person or like a volleyball or something, or some crazy shit.  That NEVER happens with me, or at least it has not yet.  I am being as honest as possible here, my trips are pretty messed up, but I never think I am walking down some rainbow road with little elephants on my side telling me things.  Nor have I ever teleported to my life as a child and lived things out.  Do you guys seriously have these crazy trips?  If you do, how do you remember them?  It seems every time I smoke salvia I just get overwhelmed with this insane gravitational force that sucks me forward and everything around me swirls with this force, then it returns to normal after awhile and Im left feeling like holy shit that was cool, but uhm, what did I learn?  How do you guys get into these "dream" worlds?  BTW, I do it alone now in silence and at night time.  My first trip was with a bunch of my friends laughing at me, which kinda sucked. 

Maybe I just trip differently on this stuff, or maybe some people just make shit up when they write what happened on their salvia trip.  Im not sure anymore.  I would like some honest answers.  Peace.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecreekfreek
Certified phunologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right about here
Re: Salvia....are people making things up? [Re: Avalanche]
    #8538492 - 06/18/08 08:39 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I can tell you that I turned into a part of a ferris wheel on one salvia trip.
I was with some friends and we were hitting a bong of salvia, while listening to The Bands Last Waltz, I took two big rips from the bong and I was wisked out of this reality and into another world. I was one wedge of a ferris wheel and I was in the 12oclock position. I started to spin (as the wedge of a ferris wheel) and had to make a complete revolution before I could even comprehend what happened to me or where I was, then I had to make another revolution before I could even speak.
After that it started to fade and I was coming back to this reality.
I think you need to smoke more. When you break thru, you will know.
And you will believe.
Peace.

OfflineAvalanche
Psychonautical Engineer

Re: Salvia....are people making things up? [Re: creekfreek]
    #8538537 - 06/18/08 08:49 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Interesting.  I believe I have broken through, but perhaps I have not gotten there yet.  I definitely forgot who I was, what I was, where I was, and everything like that, but again, I never really saw anything dream-like, just a bunch of swirly blends of what I saw right before I went into the trip. 

The best way to describe it would be this:  Take a mailbox for example, copy it and paste another one just on top of it but slightly below, then copy another below that one, then another below that one and so on and then turn this into a bunch of swirls and BECOME those swirls, and basically thats what my trips are like.

OfflineAnotherDimension
Wanderer in the Land of the Lost

Loc: USA
    #8538552 - 06/18/08 08:53 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

No, they are not necessarily making it up.  Obviously, people can lie, but on the anonymous Internet there isn't much to be gained from that.

I'll vouch that these experiences are real.  Doing salvia in total darkness and silence helps to achieve those effects.

--------------------
Another Dimension
---------------------------
"Come, and trip it as ye go,
On the light fantastick toe."

OfflineComplex
combo breaker

Re: Salvia....are people making things up? [Re: AnotherDimension]
    #8538646 - 06/18/08 09:25 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

yea my first few salvia experiences were leaves and I felt very, very little.  I moved up to 10x and thought I was in a totally different place, it felt like forever but was only a few minutes.  Regardless, the experience was so surreal I thought I may have passed out and was dreaming, but that was not the case.  I've only been using it for about two weeks, but each experience is different and I think it has a lot to do with the amount smoked.  Maybe you're pretty tolerant to the chemicals, maybe you have such a grasp on reality you're mind won't let you experience these things, maybe you're just not smoking enough?  Just try a little more in your bowl, hold it in longer, just little stuff like that and see if it helps.  Good luck!:thumbup:

--------------------

Offlineoxalic32
Male
Loc: .
Re: Salvia....are people making things up? [Re: Complex]
    #8538668 - 06/18/08 09:32 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I still haven't broken through and still feel your pain.  :hulk:

OfflineAvalanche
Psychonautical Engineer

#8538691 - 06/18/08 09:38 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I haven't ever done it in TOTAL darkness, I mean it's been pretty dark the last few times, once outside at night and a few times inside with the lights really dim.  I thought I might have trouble putting the bong down if I couldn't see anything at all, I usually move it far away from where I sit so that I don't accidentally knock it over.  I take a rip, hold it and move the bong away, then go over and sit down on my couch and blow it out after about 40 seconds.  I hate how rapidly my heart beats when I am holding it though.  Anyways, I'll try it in total darkness next time.

OfflineCyrone
That guy
Male User Gallery

#8538712 - 06/18/08 09:45 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I also think these stories of seeing angels and mystical beings to be complete bullshit, or extremely high extract, like 60x. I took 2 huge bong hits one time and had exactly what Avalanche had, the whole forgetting who you are, and why you're there. -- And it feels amazing!

And I am content with that, personally. Beings and whatnot.. hey, I wish, but if it doesn't happen, it's no big deal. I share the same thoughts as you.

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: Salvia....are people making things up? [Re: Cyrone]
    #8538721 - 06/18/08 09:48 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

i dont thnk they are lieing
every1 is different
ive broken thru tripping balls but didnt really hallucinate
but every1s diff as i said
sum ppl sweat balls others dont
nature of the beast

--------------------

OfflineComplex
combo breaker

Re: Salvia....are people making things up? [Re: Cyrone]
    #8538737 - 06/18/08 09:51 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I don't know about angels and what not, the things I saw were just like people only with like yellow anteater heads and dressed in normal clothes.  I also forgot who I was, in fact my first words after the trip were along the lines of "Oh my god, I know who I am".  Regardless, for being legal and for the most part easily accessed, salvia is an amazing plant.

--------------------

OfflineMYSTIQUE
Say Hi to the elves for me.
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: Salvia....are people making things up? [Re: AnotherDimension]
    #8538782 - 06/18/08 10:01 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Its true. For months and months I was smoking on plain leaf in a pipe just getting some closed eye visuals like neon dragons and stuff. I always think of that as lvl one.

Then I hit a bong after trying a quid 2 hr. earlier I think the reverse tolerance kicked in and I went color blind forgot what color was then the doors melted. Then colour came back and freaked me out I still didn't know what it was  just thought I made a crazy mess. Thats like lvl 2

Then I hit the bong a bunch of times till I couldn't take anymore. I stood up thinking I was fine. But when I looked up from the floor I was in the middle of a desert. With a crazy sun set or rise. Then I seen a circus on the horizon and millions of kids ran past me all dressed in earth tones kinda like the Korn follow the leader c.d. art. Then one of the stopped and put its hand on my shoulder and asked If I was coming with them and looked at the circus. Then she told me her name was mystique Thats where I got my screen name.  I think thats like lvl 3

So you just got to hit that shit harder.

BTW crazy thing I found out after that last trip is that 1 of the original clones that came out of Mexico was named mystique

--------------------
Dont know what the fuck I just said? READ THIS
http://www.shroomery.org/5122/The-Shroomery-Mushroom-Glossary
I ain't a hippy but I'm covered in dirt                         
Sippin lots of mushroom tea in a tye-dye shirt
Chasin' the Grateful Dead, no shoes on my feet
Beggin' in the parking lot for something to eat,

:onfire:DO NOT USE FIRE IN YOUR GLOVE BOX!!!!!!!:onfire:

Invisiblecreekfreek
Certified phunologist
Male User Gallery

#8538784 - 06/18/08 10:02 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

One of the local newspapers printed an article years ago about salvia, The reporter said something to the effect of, you have all seen paint dry on the walls, smoke salvia and you become that paint drying on the walls.
Not to say that this will happen. I think that most people who havent experienced something like what we all hear about, just need to smoke more.
Just keep smopking till you  get there.
It will come and you will know the truth of salvia.
I have alot of respect for sally. I dont play with her much anymore but I will again.
Peace.

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

#8538789 - 06/18/08 10:03 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

when i read that u could become an inanimate object on salvia i immediately bought some
man i wish my body would react like that
i fucking induce crazy shit to make myslef trip with no avail
i guess thats the dissociativeness

--------------------

Invisiblecreekfreek
Certified phunologist
Male User Gallery

Re: Salvia....are people making things up? [Re: Coaster]
    #8538851 - 06/18/08 10:20 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Coaster said:
when i read that u could become an inanimate object on salvia i immediately bought some

That happened on 2 hits of 20x extract.
I was also pretty stoned on bud before we smoked the sally if that makes any differance.

Offlinexdaveyx
Stranger

#8539049 - 06/18/08 11:24 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I've only tried it a few times and each time i felt like someone was with me and i had to explain to them what i did.
I don't think i broke through since im such a paranoid person, i kinda snapped out of it each time not giving in, cause i knew i was with no one. So weird, it's weird. I want to try it with a higher extract, maybe smoking a blunt before i hit salvia to be relaxed and less paranoid? But i guess like ppl here are saying everyone is different.

Offlineplox
claisen condensate
Male

Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: Salvia....are people making things up? [Re: xdaveyx]
    #8539287 - 06/19/08 12:47 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

everyone can lie.
everyone can tell the truth, and be called a liar.

i'll give you my trip, and it's the only good trip i've had off that stuff.

::two hits::
started off feeling like i was being squeezed together, then something pulled at my hair, ripping me in two equal halves.  i watched this all in first person mind you. then i saw more rips and tears and they all finally made pages of a book. the guy ripped me up and made me into a book, and i could see my surroundings and my friends on each page of the book. each page had my friends in it, but each page they were doing something different. the guy who made the book, closed it, then walked away. when he disappeared, the pages began falling open, one by one. i felt as if my friends were disappearing, and i felt scared. so i starting crawling up the pages of the book trying to catch them. (it was rather weird trying to crawl up yourself to catch your friends) as i climbed higher, the pages fell faster and kept knocking me down. harder and harder i tried, but they became more distant. each minuet past (seconds in reality) and i could see them get further, grow more quiet, until i saw them as they really are, in real life, laughing their asses off at me. the whole time i was rocking back and forth on the ground, trying to get up but loosing my balance.

dozens of times since have i tried it. same brand, higher concentrations, higher doses, still nothing to this day.

--------------------

Offlinehippie56
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Salvia....are people making things up? [Re: plox]
    #8539306 - 06/19/08 12:58 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

dude try being half pissed/stoned before you try it. I find it helps relax the mind and when you smoke it makes it easier to let go. Ive tried it wen i'm straight and have had similar effects to what you describe but half cut and smoking it ive walked down hallways looking ancient armour, cruises on a high spped flight throu fuck knows where but it was cool i think being able to let go is the key

--------------------
In your earth experience you shall live a thousand dreams, Dream a thousand lives and in your dreams or life influence millions.

OfflineHarassmentsubon
Stranger
Male

Re: Salvia....are people making things up? [Re: hippie56]
    #8539443 - 06/19/08 02:01 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

My first experience sounds identical to yours, only it took me by such surprise that I interpreted the visual distortions as Thomas the Tank engine, and I was a roller wheel on a conveyor belt (the front flip feeling).  I also had nystagmus which added to the feeling.  The second time I did it I didn't break through ( though I had the flipping feeling).  The third time however, I went all the way, but I didn't forget who I was.
I couldn't talk, I was laughing, flipping, etc.  But, what I saw was the room as normal.  I could tell it was wrong though, and when I stopped fighting it, it started looking like a forest.  But I could tell it wasn't a forest, it was just my arm (as a tree).  It was a very odd sensation. 

So I can see how people can see these incredible things (had I fallen into the forest, that would've just been insane), but at the same time it was obviously just my arms, you know?

--------------------
And the sun's fire is burning the world; the island is gone.

Offlineadamn
rainbow pilot

Loc: united states
Re: Salvia....are people making things up? [Re: Harassmentsubon]
    #8539569 - 06/19/08 03:09 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

the first "real" experience that you had is the EXACT same one as I had. it felt like I was in another dimension (not the fourth, the fourth dimension is time) but yes in some other kind of spatial dimension. but yes I also forgot who I was, where I was, what I was, what was going on, that I even smoked it, and I thought my whole life was a joke leading up to this moment.

the only one difference between my first time and yours is that I kept on seeing my face--distorted, however--revolving around me in a wheel-like motion. it was my first out-of-body experience.

but you didn't learn anything, really? I learned to appreciate the 3D world I live in.

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

#8539571 - 06/19/08 03:10 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

creekfreek said:
Quote:

Coaster said:

That happened on 2 hits of 20x extract.
I was also pretty stoned on bud before we smoked the sally if that makes any differance.

luckyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom