Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline3Mshroom
old hand

Re: Mexicana
    #85338 - 05/05/00 12:48 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Where on earth did you get ahold of the mexicana? are you sure that it isn't psi mexican. They are two different strains.
If it is indeed the mexicana, do not let it pin in vitro. Case it and keep the temps around 75. If it is a viable strain, then you should see pins about 7-14 days after casing. When you crumble it for casing you may notice some stones in the mycelium. Leave them in the substrate because they will grow some more. Take one flush off of the cake and get prints. Raise the temps back up around 80-85 and you will max out your stone production. The stones are where the real magic is with this species.
If you are sure that it is mexicana email me. I am very interested and have some expertise with this strain.

------------------
Be sure to check out www.3mshrooms.homestead.com for your spore needs

[This message has been edited by 3Mshroom (edited May 05, 2000).]

--------------------
Corruptissima republicae, plurimae leges
Illegitumus non carborundum

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecamel
old hand

Re: Mexicana [Re: 3Mshroom]
    #85340 - 05/05/00 02:57 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Umm... i doubt it is mexicana. I currently am working with a true Ps. Mexicana culture that is resisting fruiting and pinning in general. I am also yet to see hope with sclerotia formation. Only time will tell.

Los: Follow the instructions in the PF-Tek, and choose if you want to, choose a casing technique from here on the shroomery (optional) or just go straight PF-Tek by pinning right off the cake.

Perhaps you can tell us where you got the culture/spores from? That would clear up if it was indeed a P. Mexicana or a P. Cubensis (var mexican).

peace
camel

--------------------
Don't do drugs.

Anonymous

Re: Mexicana [Re: 3Mshroom]
    #85341 - 05/08/00 06:49 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Hey camel,
To get the stones you need
to wait they take about 3 months to grow
the best results I have had with these
is with strait brown rice pre-cooked to half dry and inoculated in pint jars.
let em go a whole 3 months and you will
get about 60 to 70% stones.
It's nasty to harvest and you need to eat
ab

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom