Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRainman420
Music is my Life
Male User Gallery

Tripping around sober people
    #8532375 - 06/17/08 02:16 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

This is basically for tripping acid or shrooms around people who are sober, mainly people who haven't tripped before. What you guys think?

--------------------
The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:

From bondage to spiritual faith;
From spiritual faith to great courage;
From courage to liberty;
From liberty to abundance;
From abundance to selfishness;
From selfishness to complacency;
From complacency to apathy;
From apathy to dependence;
From dependence back into bondage.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAzagthoth
I am an ent
Male

Re: Tripping around sober people [Re: Rainman420]
    #8532382 - 06/17/08 02:21 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Not cool, your gonna say all sorts of messed up shit you won't remember XD. if you still choose to trip around sober people use video recording so you can have a good laugh after.

OfflineRainman420
Music is my Life
Male User Gallery

Re: Tripping around sober people [Re: Azagthoth]
    #8532398 - 06/17/08 02:29 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

LOL, well I actually did today and it was weird, I was playing ultimate frisbee. And yes, I said some messed up shit. But I meant this thread to be more about experiences.

I really didn't like tripping around these people, even though it was fun in the end, I don't know how that works.I was tripping really hard during the game. I couldn't remember what team I was on, and I thought everyone else knew what team I was on because they are all sober, but it was funny cause people were saying don't let him trick you. So it got to my head and I somehow thought what I was doing was fucking with their minds.

--------------------
The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:

From bondage to spiritual faith;
From spiritual faith to great courage;
From courage to liberty;
From liberty to abundance;
From abundance to selfishness;
From selfishness to complacency;
From complacency to apathy;
From apathy to dependence;
From dependence back into bondage.

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
Re: Tripping around sober people [Re: Rainman420]
    #8532417 - 06/17/08 02:40 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

It's not recommended, but beyond that it depends completely* on who the people are: i.e. whether or not they're friends, acquaintances, peers, relatives, strangers -- and what attitudes they're likely to take because you are tripping.  If they're liable to disapprove, scoff, or fuck with you because you're tripping then this is not a good idea.  Either way you're going to be a totally different wavelength than those around you, which can range from feeling a little cognitively isolated but otherwise fine to feeling unbearably detached.
*(Apart from the setting and number of people present.  Being the lone tripper at a dinner party is a little different than being the lone tripper at a New Year's Eve party.)

Edit - just read the above post.  I was almost always pretty careful about who I tripped around until I became experienced enough to know I could handle most trips around sober (or relatively sober) people.  I remember one time in high school peaking on shrooms with my friends downstairs at my house when I was called upstairs by my parents.  They were upset with me because I'd mailed in a late essay using incorrect postage.  It took me some time to figure out what they were babbling about since I was a bit distracted by the flames shooting out of their heads, but I handled it.
Another time I went to see a concert performed by my friends' band.  The concert was relatively small and most of the people were young and maybe drunk or stoned but I was almost certainly the only one tripping.  Then I bumped into about a dozen parents, grandparents, and other relatives of my friends but was experienced enough at that point to handle it.
Once in high school I went out into a small city on acid with a couple friends really late at night.  The streets were basically deserted except for a couple cops.  When my friends saw them they turned away in fear of being busted but I wanted to see the leftover artwork on the pavement from a local street-painting festival and walked right up to them with my eyes on the ground.  I lingered but they didn't hassle me.
More recently I stayed up all night on acid and came back to my house where my older then-pregnant sister and about 40 women were having a baby shower.  That was a bit much so I pretty much just hid in my room playing video games.

OfflineHelixx
Mood:Fragglerocked
Male User Gallery

Re: Tripping around sober people [Re: Land_Crab]
    #8532498 - 06/17/08 03:23 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I don't like tripping around anyone who isn't tripping or hasn't tripped.  Usually just tends to set a bad vibe.

OfflinePine_apple
Fruity

Re: Tripping around sober people [Re: Land_Crab]
    #8532501 - 06/17/08 03:23 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I hate being around sober ppl when im trippin

OfflineAzagthoth
I am an ent
Male

Re: Tripping around sober people [Re: Helixx]
    #8532518 - 06/17/08 03:36 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

It's like alcohol, they both seem to make the truth just jump out of ones mouth. I've told people to go have anal sex with satan and all sorts of messed up jibberish.

OfflinegENERIX
/usr/bin/drinking?
 User Gallery

Loc: Skyward Bound
Re: Tripping around sober people [Re: Azagthoth]
    #8532572 - 06/17/08 04:16 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I always find it uncomfortable tripping around sober people. You are both on completely different wavelengths and like people have already mentioned in the posts above, it can be extremely awkward at times.

Experienced trippers can handle these situations well but the majority of people cant.

--------------------

Offlinekungpow
SeasonedPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: AaAaAaAa
Re: Tripping around sober people [Re: gENERIX]
    #8532707 - 06/17/08 06:20 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I really don't like tripping around sober people. It is a general rule at my house that if there is trip session going on and you're gonna be sober you need to go to sleep or leave. I just don't care for it at all. Every time it seems like it ends up bad. There are times where I have been with a bunch of really good friends, some were tripping some weren't and it was a pretty good time. Everyone there was cool with it though.

One time I was trippin balls listening to shpongle watching my xbox 360 visuals in the dark when I buzzer rang. It ended up being my room mate's ex-girlfriend and a couple friends. Two of them were really hot and they had on these really slutty outfits because they were on their way to a Halloween party. We were so friend and all 3 of those girls were like total anti. I couldn't stand it I was freaking so bad. I ended up going in my bedroom to try and wait till they left. But I was having visions of women in pretty under garments. Plus I could here them talking through the wall but I couldn't make out the words. So then my brain started finishing those words and it was so bad. I ended up leaving the bedroom and went outside till they left. I was so happy when they left cause i was having a really bad time with them there.

I don't mind tripping in public places though. I have tripped at Cedar Point and it was fucking amazing. I just made sure to bring some sunglasses to cover my huge pupils. Just wearing the glasses made it feel like no body knew I was tripping. I had the time of my life that day. There is nothing like flying 400 ft in the air at 120 mph while you are fried to the wall. I was having massive OEVs and it was great. Another good ride was wicked twister. Man roller coasters and tripping are made for each other. I am hoping that next time I go to cedar point I will have some acid.

~Peace out

--------------------
Monotub #3 - check out my best grow to date!!!!

OfflineScantraxx
Wait........ what?

Re: Tripping around sober people [Re: kungpow]
    #8532727 - 06/17/08 06:49 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I took enough shrooms to trip but there was so many people around, I just couldn't I could feel it coming on and then it just didn't happen, all that happened was feeling paranoid, So I left and then just had a weird feeling that I did the right thing but at the same time I did the wrong thing. I think i forced my self to not trip, which was weird because I took more than enough to trip. I don't know how many of these people would of been sober would of been a few, but still it felt like the vibe they gave was happy in an evil way and I just didn't fit in!

When I'm out and about my mind sort of makes me not trip, which is weird. I've figured never to trip around large amounts of people! But thats just me, also inexperienced.

--------------------

OfflineYukwaz
PsychedelicBanana PeelExtract Addict!
Male

Loc: Canada!
Re: Tripping around sober people [Re: Scantraxx]
    #8532765 - 06/17/08 07:29 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

When I talk to people who are sober and don't know I'm tripping, that makes me trip out even MORE!

--------------------
The best things in life are small.

OfflineFugueRider
Looney Toon Lover
Male User Gallery

Re: Tripping around sober people [Re: Yukwaz]
    #8532817 - 06/17/08 08:07 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I don't like it either. It bums me out, and there is inevitably somebody who wants to ask a lot of questions, or somebody who wants to try and be weird. The whole thing just gives me a bad vibe.

--------------------

May All Beings be Peaceful, Happy and Free

Offlinecheech
third eyeenhanced entity

Re: Tripping around sober people [Re: FugueRider]
    #8533072 - 06/17/08 09:48 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

the only sober person i like to be around when tripping is my girl

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
Re: Tripping around sober people [Re: cheech]
    #8533085 - 06/17/08 09:52 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

It's weird for me to trip around sober people.  Usually what happens is if they know i'm tripping, they try to talk to me about like their relationships and stuff, and it all just seems so pointless and trivial to me. 

I'm dealing with cosmic shit here, I don't give a fuck if some dude cock blocked you or not!

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

OfflineSeeker_22
LysergicStormtrooper
Male

Re: Tripping around sober people [Re: g00ru]
    #8533096 - 06/17/08 09:55 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

It depends I can trip face by myself around my one sober buddy who hardly smokes weed or anything. No problem he has ate acid n shrooms n rollz b4 though so he has been there he knows what I am experiencing. If someone I don't know comes along I hate that though it kills my vibe usually. It is like you can feel their sober vibes all around in the room and it rubs off on you.

Edit: although their are exceptions when you are talking reaching levels 4 and 5. When it doesn't matter if their are sober people around or not, you are just one with the universe and nothing could bring you down if you tried. I have only been there once really with AMT in a high dose.

--------------------
"Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain.  Fire."

Edited by Seeker_22 (06/17/08 09:59 AM)

InvisibleApollyphelion
Dungeon Master/Princess(1009)
Female User Gallery

Loc: Festival of Deaths
Re: Tripping around sober people [Re: g00ru]
    #8533115 - 06/17/08 10:00 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I will dose and not tell a soul and most people
can't even tell.

The rhythms of the trip almost have a symbiotic
relationship with my natural rhythms of personality
and speech, and most people are none the wiser
due to my usually slighty gay, little weird,
and lotta nice person. Okay, mega-gay sometimes.

Shrooms made me straight(er), actually.

I've been called "naturally tripping" or on a "perma-
trip' Those people make me think about chopsticks.;-)

I leave subtle clues, though, if anyone cares to know
Akways low doses (1 hit or less)

So I do it because I can be respectful and honest with finesse (pull it off) and feel comfortable doing it.
I wouldn't do it around people I hardly know, for instance...I also try to be mindful socially.

I only skip church (Tripping Wednesdays) if responsibilities come up.

--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion

Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

OfflineCokedUpHobit64
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Tripping around sober people [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #8533172 - 06/17/08 10:15 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Their are two reasons I dont like to trip around sober poeple:

1.  The most obvious; because you get paranoid and always think poeple are staring at you or calling the cops or some shit.

2.  I feel like I want to share the experience with someone.  Something that profound is so hard to keep inside of you and its easier to handle if you can communicate with someone who is going through t he same thing.  True happiness can only be achieved by experiencing it with others you care about.

--------------------
So good to see you, I've missed you so much.

Offlinemannyrigs
Stranger
Re: Tripping around sober people [Re: CokedUpHobit64]
    #8533422 - 06/17/08 11:51 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Depends, I like doing things in the public on acid, walking into coles and buying something, the coloursss, when seeing soba people i find it funny, its like they have no idea what there missing out on.

on the other hand
if your in a 4 by 4 room, tripping acid and some soba friends rock past, naturally things get fucking wierd <----
.... Lets leave it at that

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: New York Flag
Re: Tripping around sober people [Re: mannyrigs]
    #8533643 - 06/17/08 01:11 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I like going out in public when I'm tripping, mushies or LSD, or whatever. Yeah... these people have no idea what they are missing out on, and if they had any idea how fucked up I was they'd probably piss themselves.

However, dealing with people I do not like doing. I don't like going out in public and talking with sober people, or interacting with sober people (sober people I don't know). Most of my friends have tripped on something before, so they know what the deal is.

I do have a story though about one of the first times I tripped on lsd. It was in my friends backyard. Very nice backyard. She has a hottub, lots of trees and plants and shrubs. A large portion of her backyard is covered with small stones, with larger stepping stones to navigate through (which looked like islands in a sea of.... crazyness). So there was this girl. She is an actress and I don't mean to stereotype by actors/actresses can be quite weird people. She's the type of person who is always acting, taking on different personalities, different voices, and so on. She was getting annoying, and was fucking with us. She didn't realize it though. Just how she was acting was fucking with us. She doesn't smoke weed, or do anything like that. I don't even know if she drinks alcohol. So I'm sitting next to her and she's starting to really bug me out, seriously bug me out. I turn to her and in front of the others who were tripping I say,

"What the fuck are you doing? Do you not realize where we are right now? Do you not realize what's going on? I know you don't mean to do it, but you are fucking with us, and you do not want to be fucking with us right now. We are the border of sane, and youre FUCKING with us.... do you realize how bad that can be? At any point one of us could snap and go crazy, and youre pushing us to the limits.... you should really stop if you know what's good for you." I continue and say "Right now.... our state of mind is considerd insane to the government. We are insane right now, and you're sitting here pissing us all off.... think about whether or not that's a good idea."

I turned away from her, and continued whatever I was doing. That was the last of her and her nonsense.

I know a lot of what I said was exaggerated but I was rambling on, and I wanted to scare her.

THAT is why I don't like dealing with people who don't know what the deal is...

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: Andromeda Galaxy
Re: Tripping around sober people [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #8533703 - 06/17/08 01:34 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Apollyphelion said:
I will dose and not tell a soul and most people
can't even tell.

The rhythms of the trip almost have a symbiotic
relationship with my natural rhythms of personality
and speech, and most people are none the wiser
due to my usually slighty gay, little weird,
and lotta nice person. Okay, mega-gay sometimes.

Shrooms made me straight(er), actually.

I've been called "naturally tripping" or on a "perma-
trip' Those people make me think about chopsticks.;-)

I leave subtle clues, though, if anyone cares to know
Akways low doses (1 hit or less)

So I do it because I can be respectful and honest with finesse (pull it off) and feel comfortable doing it.
I wouldn't do it around people I hardly know, for instance...I also try to be mindful socially.

eoe im in that same state, my mind's functioning is already so deviated from standard society that people think im on drugs when im perfectly sober

my sober mindstate includes but not limited to:
random euphoria with uncontrollable laughter
child like wonder (i can toggle this one at will)
overactive imagination
saying plain weird and random things
random (but well placed so ive been told) twitches
great insight

--------------------
And they wandered off.. nine ways till bedfast.
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom