Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
No Bounce for Obama
    #8529692 - 06/16/08 12:31 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

The latest Gallup report shows the contest narrowing still further, with Obama at 44% and McCain at 42%. Notice that the change is entirely a function of an Obama decline (from a three-day Gallup peak of 48% June 8-10) while McCain has been more or less steady around 42% for more than a week.

John McCain hasn't really been able to take advantage of this bored-with-Obama factor, probably because McCain's pretty doggone boring himself. The important thing, however, is that the pet notion of the Democratic/MSM elites -- that Americans are "hungry for change" and that Obama is the answer -- hasn't been borne out by an instant tsunami of voters jumping on the Obama bandwagon.

If Obama doesn't open up a major lead soon, if the contest remains neck-and-neck throughout the summer, the likelihood is that Obama will be a loser in November. Keep an eye on Democrats and their MSM friends for signs that they're starting to sweat.

http://rsmccain.blogspot.com/2008/06/obama-still-no-bounce.html

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: No Bounce for Obama [Re: lonestar2004]
    #8530146 - 06/16/08 02:38 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Dead cats are the best cats.

--------------------

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: No Bounce for Obama [Re: zappaisgod]
    #8531076 - 06/16/08 07:07 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

remember those two guys that kept posting Obama gallop polls?

they just disappeared? :grin:

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
    #8531104 - 06/16/08 07:15 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

mccain consistently screws up so his fan base is shrinking while obamas pretty much stays the same

--------------------

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: No Bounce for Obama [Re: Coaster]
    #8531239 - 06/16/08 07:46 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I dont know, I think if McCain chooses Romney as his running mate that will draw some more buzz. That would pretty much force Obama to run with Clinton to win. That said I really like Mitt Romney, atleast his knowledge about economics

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: No Bounce for Obama [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #8531262 - 06/16/08 07:52 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

ya romney was a smart guy just a dochebag
but i bet mccain will chose leiberman no?
or will he learn off of gore's mistake

--------------------

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
    #8531381 - 06/16/08 08:17 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
I dont know, I think if McCain chooses Romney as his running mate that will draw some more buzz. That would pretty much force Obama to run with Clinton to win. That said I really like Mitt Romney, atleast his knowledge about economics

Romney for me was a terrible irony.

I liked much of him, but his social issues fucking ruined a man I could have voted for.  I simply cannot understand the conservatives on economic policy can do a 180 on social policy... What happened to government out of your life, state's rights, freedom?  Sad, sad, sad...  I really hope that the man understands the irony and is just pandering... I truely do.

Drug policy, gay marriage (asking, actually asking, for a federal ban to usurp state's rights, WTF?  What happened to state's rights and limited role of government?

This is the great irony of some of the true conservatives on economic policy.... they poison themselves, in my eyes, with pandering bullshit.

I wish Milton Friedman would run (yes I know he's dead)... That's a conservative I could vote for.  Ayn Rand would work too :smile:

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #8531973 - 06/16/08 11:02 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

lonestar2004 said:

"In a new Gallup survey, Obama leads McCain by eleven percentage points – 52 percent to McCain’s 41 percent" - http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/06/16/poll-majority-believe-obama-will-win-general-election/

"Barack Obama could very well end up flipping Virginia -- a state that has voted Republican in every election since 1968 -- over into the Democratic column, a new Rasmussen poll suggests." - http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/06/poll_obama_just_edging_mccain.php

The numbers: Obama 45%, McCain 44%, within the ±4% margin of error. A month ago, McCain led by a 47%-44% margin. This is on top of a SurveyUSA poll from a few weeks ago, which gave Obama a 49%-42% lead." - http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/06/poll_obama_just_edging_mccain.php

"Obama (D) -45.9 vs. McCain (R) - 42.1" http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/general_election_mccain_vs_obama-225.html

"Rasmussen has a big one out of Virginia and the news isn't good for McCain. Obama now holds a slight lead over McCain, 45% to 44%. This is a state that George W. Bush won by 8% in 2004." - http://www.411mania.com/politics/columns/78075/UPDATED:-New-Polls-06.16.08:-KS,-NY,-VA.htm

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Edited by downforpot (06/16/08 11:03 PM)

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: No Bounce for Obama [Re: downforpot]
    #8531993 - 06/16/08 11:06 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Maybe Al Gores endorsement will give him a bump :rolleyes:

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: No Bounce for Obama [Re: downforpot]
    #8532944 - 06/17/08 09:01 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

downforpot said:
Quote:

lonestar2004 said:

"In a new Gallup survey, Obama leads McCain by eleven percentage points – 52 percent to McCain’s 41 percent" - http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/06/16/poll-majority-believe-obama-will-win-general-election/

:rofl2:

you and CNN are really reaching with this bullshit poll, "of 822 adults nationally aged 18 or older" the majority believe Obama will win general election...

WOW!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

#8533194 - 06/17/08 10:24 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

"who do you think will win" just fucking means "who is on the news constantly"..  such a bullshit question, and an obscenely small sample group tbh

naw, while either candidate will be jimmy carter, obama's got very little chance of winning.

you DO all realize why he's the nominee, right?
you DO all remember last year when all the big bad black community leaders, for about one month, started shouting about how the democratic party has let down the black community, has taken advantage of them, has taken their vote for granted?  And then they shut up right quick?  And now some relatively no-name black dude is coming out of nowhere with the democratic nomination?

Tell me, TELL ME I DARE YOU, that it's not fucking related.  lawl.

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: No Bounce for Obama [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #8533333 - 06/17/08 11:17 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Barack Obama isn't a "no-name black dude" to anyone who follows politics. Furthermore anyone who follows also could have guessed that he would make a bid for the democratic nomination as early as 2006 when he said so himself.

Edited by KillerPicklez (06/17/08 11:33 AM)

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

#8533364 - 06/17/08 11:32 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Yep.

McCain will take over 35 states in November.

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Cat's Cradle
Re: No Bounce for Obama [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #8533438 - 06/17/08 12:00 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Tell that to the 20,000 plus people at the Joe Louis Arena last night. I, along with everyone else there, would have immediately stoned you to death.

A no-name black man? :rofl:

When Al Gore (who by all rational and non-electoral college standards should have been the president the last 8 years) compares you to the JFK movement and 20,000 people start screaming "We Want Change", when Senator Obama clearly outlines exactly what J-Mac's government would do for us (give more tax breaks to corporations, including 1.2 BILLION that would go to Exxon-Mobile as well as a full 25% of his "tax breaks" going to people who make 2.8 MILLION + a year) which invests in America's future by fixing our roads, bridges, and tunnels, aides the development of a green energy future that creates jobs and helps to end our addiction to foreign oil that pollutes our environment, gives all kids a start in early education, increases the training and pay of our teachers who will educate us for the new demands of the 21st century economy, will make community college free and universities a third the cost for students willing to give their time and talents to their communities, will provide affordable health care to all Americans, and finally will end a war that has failed to make us safer, has stopped us from investing BILLIONS in our own country,and done all on a credit card issued from the bank of China and signed in the names our future generations, when all that is said, it doesn't matter what his name is, he has the clear vision and determination to lead the country into the 21st century by investing in our future.

When are people going to realize that this country has fallen apart and is no longer the great land of the free?

Barack brings the vision and movement meant to bring us back together as a nation that exists as a community where the benefit of your neighbor is a benefit to you as well.

--------------------
My advice is to find those things that give pleasure and do them often without too much attachment and relax and wait for the show to end.

-Icelander-

I like free markets and all. Truly I do, at least in general, but there needs to be some kind of oversight in recognition of sustainability. Life works the same way, on a bunch of sustainable systems. Why not honor what made us what we are and take some lessons? Nature FTW!

~dill705~

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Loc: Registered: 6/04/02
Re: No Bounce for Obama [Re: dill705]
    #8533520 - 06/17/08 12:34 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

The race, at this point, is simply impossible to call.  I've been following Dick Morris' take on this election so far and he has been dead right, spot on the money through and through every step of the way.

I think his position is that Obama will win.

--------------------

OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

Loc: A Church
    #8533552 - 06/17/08 12:43 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

If you think Obama is going to save America you are seriously mistaken.

I just found out his "secret" stance on the 2nd amendment, I am ensuring my family and anyone I can pay to vote for me will vote McCain, I hate Constitution haters as much as they hate the Constitution.

I'm sure McCain will win Florida with or without my help anyway.

Obamas new slogan should be: Less freedom = More safe:thumbdown:

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

Get help, help is free and available 24/7/365.

God bless you all and I hope you receive the help you need to turn away from your lives of sin.

Mushrooms and drugs make you gay, you can reverse this homosexual condition with rehab, get help! Stop being gay!

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

Re: No Bounce for Obama [Re: Chemy]
    #8533751 - 06/17/08 01:55 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

No, I don't think Obama will save America, it's the feeling of togetherness he inspires which will save America.

In a city devasted by our countries economic policies no one has created a feeling of community and hope even close to what Barack brought last night, not even the Stanley Cup champion Red Wings had people from all demograpics holding hands and feeling like maybe Michigan does have a chance after all.

And if your only voting on gun rights, it just shows that you are completely out of touch with what America needs in terms of economic policies, infrastrucure, and investment into the education of our children. We've slipped into damn near the lowest spot of any developed western country in damn near every category that matters... infant mortality rate, average life expectancy, geography, math, science, infrastructure, and most importantly, DEBT.

I hear you on gun rights, but as a country there is simply too much at stake to throw away your vote on one issue that you know won't change all that much, if at all, especially seeing as it is a constitutional right.

--------------------
My advice is to find those things that give pleasure and do them often without too much attachment and relax and wait for the show to end.

-Icelander-

I like free markets and all. Truly I do, at least in general, but there needs to be some kind of oversight in recognition of sustainability. Life works the same way, on a bunch of sustainable systems. Why not honor what made us what we are and take some lessons? Nature FTW!

~dill705~

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

#8533830 - 06/17/08 02:20 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

dill705 said:
Tell that to the 20,000 plus people at the Joe Louis Arena last night. I, along with everyone else there, would have immediately stoned you to death.

Wow 20,000 plus!

Did you get any fish or loaves of bread?

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: No Bounce for Obama [Re: Chemy]
    #8533836 - 06/17/08 02:21 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Chemy said:
I hate Constitution haters as much as they hate the Constitution.

:laugh:

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

#8533857 - 06/17/08 02:26 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

lonestar2004 said:
Quote:

dill705 said:

Wow 20,000 plus!

Did you get any fish or loaves of bread?

You actually believe Jesus literally did that? Only two gospels mention it, and there is no surviving account in writng from any of that mass of people to attest to this "miracle".

where's your logic and reasoning, oh yeah, I forgot that you support Bush :kingtard:

--------------------

-Icelander-

~dill705~

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale