Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineWakingUp
Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: New Mexico
Holy shit! (New project, BRF cakes spawned to HPOO!!)
    #8523477 - 06/14/08 01:04 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Greetings! the day has finally come, i got to play with POO!!

This morning arrived my long awaited 10lb of pre pasturized and ready to go HPOO from weretheshit.com!!!

Last night I broke up 12 1/2 pint BRF+VERM cakes fully colonized and consolidated with B+ strain and stored them in my incubator in ziplock bags overnight.

I was debating weather to go with 3 pints per 5lb, or 6 pints per 5lb, well I ended up going with 6 pints per 5lb after i saw how much the poo expanded once i fluffed it up out of the bag, and im not at all regretfull, i ended up using a large sterilite container to mix in the substrate when i though i would only need a large plastic bowl, anyhow ended up with 3 of these:

when i thought i would end up with one, i guess i coulda done the math better but i was looking at the size of the poo package and didnt realize it nearly doubled in size when fluffed, so there it is, im about to add a casing layer to the top aye? I got 2-1/2 inches of substrate, not alot i know, but i wanted to  break it up into smaller projects incase of contamination or something you know?

so yeah this is my first poo project and im really excitied, you prolly never seen a guy so excited over SHIT huh? lol, i will keep you guys updated, im gonna case these then stick em in my incubator for say, what, a week or 2 ?

then im going to do some WBS jars (pint jars) to spawn to poo later on, much easier than breaking up brf cakes, infact if all goes well i might be done with cakes alltogether, just doesnt seem worth the time when you can colonize some rye or WBS and spawn it to poo and what not

also i think next time i will mix the poo with straw, see how that goes, i have 6 more cakes 90% colonized i could do something with, spawn them to some poo/straw when they are ready :-P, later peeps

oh BTW in those pics, i drilled 5 2" holes in the top of the lids, and duct taped coffee filters on, for a little air exchange while incubating, i doubt the filters will provide much air exchange tho, i need to find that material that right now i cant think of the name of, i went to the post office and looked/asked for them cause i was told they carry envelopes made of it, but they said they were out, so i improvised for the day, coulda stuck some polyfill in the holes i guess but, whatever

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT MY FRIENDS!

6/15
I guess i will make this a PooLog (get it? lol) Or a Poomentery, whatever, this morning I saw the first signs of growth on my poo! I've never spawned to a substrate before, only used spores, Im surprised how far it gets going, just little specs here and there, but shes on her way :-)

Also I inoculated 7 WBS pint jars this morning, 6 were with B+ spore syringes I made from my spore prints (and verified they were contam free via petri dish culture)  and I knocked up the last one with what was left of my spores from my Menace print. I put it on a petri twice, and the spores never germinated, and i made 10 jars from it and they got contaminated, i hope something happens or else I will need a new menace print, lol, i dont know how I blotched this one so good

6/17

Well heres todays pics of my poo, the two that i cut the five holes in the top of are doing a bit better than the one it didnt, i dont think its a coincidence...

So how do they look for 3 days of progress ? :-)

6/20

Okay I just got home after being away for 2 days, and my poo projects above were colonizing in my martha, well when i got back and check on them i noticed one was way too heavy, so i opened it up cause im like wtf is this, it was filled with water so much the poo was floating!!!!, not full, but it was soaked and floating!!!

How did this happen you ask? well my genius fucking idea to put 5 holes in the top with coffee filters on them? as it turns out the part where the cool mist is connected to the martha, moisture was condensating on the piece and dripping onto my project, the coffee filter let it through, and it filled it up, luckily this only happened to one, but anyhow i drained it and put aluminum foil over it, fuck the holes, what should i do? it was colonized enough that it was all one piece, it didnt break or come apart in any way when i drained it (which i did through one of the holes in the lid) its prolly still too wet, but i got everything that would come out, think its fucked ? There was a good bit of myc. piss on a part of it too, it looked like the top that wasnt submerged was still colonizing nicely tho

what do you think i should do?
cant be any worse than giving it an extended dunk right?

otherwise all seems well, the poo looks a little lighter than it did when i left...? is this normal once it starts colonizing? perhaps its just been a while and i dont remember

6/27
Wahoo!!! I woke up this morning and peeked, to see how colonization was coming along, PINS EVERYWHERE!!! The best pinset I have seen in my career, on all 3 tubs!!! Get this, the one that got soaked has the biggest pins (girth) anyhow obviously I need to get it into fruiting conditions, there are 2" long pins in there growing sideways, at any rate should I case since i have so many pins in there ? or just run it as is ? The pins look really whitish, lighter than im used to, im assuming thats because they havent had light

So, do I case now that I have a zillion pins ?

One way or the other the one that got soaked im not going to case, it think its fine, but the other two I would like to case, they are going to be in a martha with good humidity, suggestions ?

did I mention best pinset EVER ?!?!

Ok intermission, I just went and looked at the last tub, the one that didnt have holes in the lid, its not pinning, its not even fully colonized... theres still areas on the top that the mycelium hasnt touched. I think this is due to them getting more air exchange, and moisture, obviously the one got soaked, but i still the the other with the holes got some, because of condensation on the lid, dripping down through the filter... I think the other one actually stalled, any suggestions? I think i will put a lid from the other ones on it, and put it back in the marha covered when i put the other ones in, then it will get indirect moisure, and air exchange

heres a pic, sorry for the quality took it with my phone, my camera is still lent out, i took a couple others but didnt bother posting cause you cant make out much, this one is a close up so you kinda can, theres hella hyphal knots EVERYWHERE, cant really see them tho, take my word for it, im so thrilled

--------------------
I've found myself, and found nothing...
My NEW GROW ROOM BITCHES!!!
My Current HPOO Project!

and this is a chipmunk on my hand

Edited by WakingUp (06/27/08 09:32 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenonlinear
armour plated farmer
Male

Re: Holy shit! (New project, BRF cakes spawned to HPOO!!) [Re: WakingUp]
    #8523492 - 06/14/08 01:09 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

good luck man!  keep us updated

--------------------

OfflineWakingUp
Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

#8523497 - 06/14/08 01:11 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Wait, before I make a misteak, i need some advice on casing this puppy, I've just read some threads that said to wait till its colonized to case it, could i not just case it now, or should i wait?

Also what do you recommend? I was going to do either a verm only casing, or a peat moss/verm casing, nothing complicated, thus far ive only ever done verm only casing and worked fine, tho im gonna move up

--------------------
My Current HPOO Project!

Offlinerick0909
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#8524105 - 06/14/08 04:01 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Yes you will want to wait until it is fully colonized before you case it.  Shouldn't take too long considering your spawn ratio.  Can't really give any advice on what to use for a casing layer since I haven't used either.  Peat/verm sounds nice though.  Read around about using a casing layer with poo.  Some say it is not necessary although desired.  Man you sure are moving fast in this hobby.  Look forward to seeing your progress.  Keep up the good work.:thumbup:

OfflineWakingUp
Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Re: Holy shit! (New project, BRF cakes spawned to HPOO!!) [Re: rick0909]
    #8524370 - 06/14/08 05:39 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

rick0909 said:
Yes you will want to wait until it is fully colonized before you case it.  Shouldn't take too long considering your spawn ratio.  Can't really give any advice on what to use for a casing layer since I haven't used either.  Peat/verm sounds nice though.  Read around about using a casing layer with poo.  Some say it is not necessary although desired.  Man you sure are moving fast in this hobby.  Look forward to seeing your progress.  Keep up the good work.:thumbup:

waiting it is! yes, not as fast as i would like, but then patience is a virtue of this hobby yes? I love it, i love growin, i love the rewards and results, but mostly i love growing! Its spiritual, theres just something about it you know? perhaps soon ill be able to place a finger on it but

ive always loved fungus as well, even before i ever ate shrooms or knew of them, as a young lad i was fascinated by it you know? i used to go out in the woods when i was say 12 yrs and take pictures of fungus of all kinds, and pick the edibles

love it

--------------------
My Current HPOO Project!

OfflineJuke Adro
I love peach fluff
 User Gallery

Loc: Inside your head
    #8524458 - 06/14/08 06:17 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

good luck man I'm excited to see your final results, and that poo looks amazing I love shit too :wink:

--------------------
Someone said:  im actually not using ms, im using prints.
Trade List

OfflineWakingUp
Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Re: Holy shit! (New project, BRF cakes spawned to HPOO!!) [Re: Juke Adro]
    #8526301 - 06/15/08 09:56 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

First signs of growth on the poo this morning! That was quick, I've never used spawn on a substrate before, only spores, theres little specs of mycelium growing around on the poo, excellent!

--------------------
My Current HPOO Project!

OfflineHeadFood
Shroomer
 User Gallery

#8526693 - 06/15/08 12:39 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

WakingUp said:
Wait, before I make a misteak, i need some advice on casing this puppy, I've just read some threads that said to wait till its colonized to case it, could i not just case it now, or should i wait?

Also what do you recommend? I was going to do either a verm only casing, or a peat moss/verm casing, nothing complicated, thus far ive only ever done verm only casing and worked fine, tho im gonna move up

Definately don't do verm by itself, it is a very inferior casing. I would suggest picking up a bag of Miracle Grow Moisture Control, it works wonders! I have had AMAZING results from it and it is VERY simple, no sterilization or pasteurization needed. All I do with it is boil some water and add it to the MGMC to field capacity. Wait like 10 minutes for it to cool down a little bit and then case. I have never gotten a contam from this and have gotten 4 flushes out of it.

Good luck with your grow :thumbup:

--------------------
Phi Alpha

OfflineWakingUp
Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Re: Holy shit! (New project, BRF cakes spawned to HPOO!!) [Re: HeadFood]
    #8527482 - 06/15/08 05:21 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

HeadFood said:
Quote:

WakingUp said:

Definately don't do verm by itself, it is a very inferior casing. I would suggest picking up a bag of Miracle Grow Moisture Control, it works wonders! I have had AMAZING results from it and it is VERY simple, no sterilization or pasteurization needed. All I do with it is boil some water and add it to the MGMC to field capacity. Wait like 10 minutes for it to cool down a little bit and then case. I have never gotten a contam from this and have gotten 4 flushes out of it.

Good luck with your grow :thumbup:

seriously? i have 6 bags of that laying around for non-myco projects, lol, tho i didnt know you could use that, i thought it might be harmful

--------------------
My Current HPOO Project!

OfflineHeadFood
Shroomer
 User Gallery

#8527671 - 06/15/08 06:28 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

No way dude! Do a search for Miracle Grow Moisture Control or just MGMC and you will see what I am talking about. Some people pasteurize, some people don't. Like I said I just add boiling water and yet to have a problem. Here's some of my grows that I late cased with MGMC.

1st Flush: Amazon

4th Flush

1st Flush: Cambodian

--------------------
Phi Alpha

OfflineWakingUp
Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Re: Holy shit! (New project, BRF cakes spawned to HPOO!!) [Re: HeadFood]
    #8528171 - 06/15/08 09:05 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

nice, and a search i will do! they are colonizing nicely, i didnt expect to see anything in the first 24 hours, but there it is, the chunks of colonized substrate are reaching out to the hpoo around it, and there is clearly mycelium growth on the hpoo already :-)

--------------------
My Current HPOO Project!

Offlinescubabuddha
friend of a friend of a friend
Male

Loc: Boulder, CO
    #8528223 - 06/15/08 09:25 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

i'm gonna start almost exactly the same project here in the near future. looking good, i can't wait to see your results.

--------------------

OfflineWakingUp
Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Re: Holy shit! (New project, BRF cakes spawned to HPOO!!) [Re: scubabuddha]
    #8534771 - 06/17/08 06:46 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Well heres todays pics of my poo, the two that i cut the five holes in the top of are doing a bit better than the one it didnt, i dont think its a coincidence...

So how do they look for 3 days of progress ? :-)

--------------------
My Current HPOO Project!

Offlinelittlediddy2001
Strange
Male

Loc: Diddyland
    #8534785 - 06/17/08 06:50 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Nice nice!

OfflineWakingUp
Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Re: Holy shit! (New project, BRF cakes spawned to HPOO!!) [Re: littlediddy2001]
    #8535843 - 06/18/08 12:36 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

For anyone that may be keeping up with this project, I give mad props to weretheshit.com (weretheshit) game him a bit of problems cause i was impatient for my poo right, but look at the quality of it! complete professional quality shit!!! My friend brought me over a bucket of horse shit tonight, and its my first doing it myself, it looks nothing like the shit i got from weretheshit, i leeched it, and got it laying out on a tarp to dry in the morning, then i gotta pasturize it, playing with shit is, well, shitty! weretheshit has GREAT quality shit, ready to go in awesome sealed bags, no work, just a few buck im willing to pay any day i got it for some good shit !!! Come on, $30 for 10lb of this shit! And 10lb is alot more than i expected it to be, you can get 6 of these 12 qt tubs im using like 3" deep with substrate, or more! break that down, $5 a tub, its worth it!

still gonna try doing it myself tho, cause thats what i do, but i will be buying from him again

--------------------
My Current HPOO Project!

Offlineabica
Intrepid Warlock's Apprentice
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The River City
    #8536983 - 06/18/08 12:05 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Looking good man!

You've got nicer growth than I had after 3 days...mine took forever to colonize.

I think you'll find the casing layer to be beneficial.  Perhaps you'd want to run one of the 5 hole tubs with a layer and one without?  You'll probably yield less off the uncased though.

I'm thinking I'll need to dunk my substrate soon- gotta read up on that.  Moisture retention ought to be much better with a casing layer.

If I could get some monsters like the ones posted above...man would I be happy!

I might have to score some stuff from WTS too, once my pile runs out.  Pre-processed sounds nice.

One thing you might enjoy once you get these rolling-

Fruiting cakes, you (or I at least) tend to want to mature the fruits to the peak of perfection to get the most out of them, but on a bigger project, you know you'll have plenty, so you can pick 'em right before the veil breaks or during that time.  They're prettiest when dry when you pick them then IMO, and supposedly have the best potency/weight going on.

Also, me no likey spore mess on my uncased project...it goes everywhere in the tub.

Good luck- you're gonna love it when these start coming in!

OfflineWakingUp
Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Re: Holy shit! (New project, BRF cakes spawned to HPOO!!) [Re: abica]
    #8538411 - 06/18/08 08:17 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

abica said:
Looking good man!

You've got nicer growth than I had after 3 days...mine took forever to colonize.

I think you'll find the casing layer to be beneficial.  Perhaps you'd want to run one of the 5 hole tubs with a layer and one without?  You'll probably yield less off the uncased though.

I'm thinking I'll need to dunk my substrate soon- gotta read up on that.  Moisture retention ought to be much better with a casing layer.

If I could get some monsters like the ones posted above...man would I be happy!

I might have to score some stuff from WTS too, once my pile runs out.  Pre-processed sounds nice.

One thing you might enjoy once you get these rolling-

Fruiting cakes, you (or I at least) tend to want to mature the fruits to the peak of perfection to get the most out of them, but on a bigger project, you know you'll have plenty, so you can pick 'em right before the veil breaks or during that time.  They're prettiest when dry when you pick them then IMO, and supposedly have the best potency/weight going on.

Also, me no likey spore mess on my uncased project...it goes everywhere in the tub.

Good luck- you're gonna love it when these start coming in!

right on abica! im glad you took a look at my project :-)
i got some poo from a friend too that im gonna pasturize and process myself, gonna make a big poo tub from it spawned from WBS jars  :-)

anyhow im drunk so gimme a sec :-P

I dont want to have to dunk shit anymore, accept for cakes right before i birth them, i havent had good luck at ALL post first flush dunking, cakes or casing, prolly my issue, anyhow im gonna case all of my poo-jects (poo projects :-P) because im not interested in having to re-hydrate them, unless I really have to, anyhow i got another 5lb of WTS poo, gonna spawn some WBS to it once my WBS is colonized, and spawn the rest of my WBS to the poo im processing myself, believe me tho if you got a few bucks to dish out, have WTS do the hard work for ya, lol, its great poo, and playing with poo is really no fun, right now i got it on a tarp in my garage drying with a space heater because we have had nothign but t-storms, humidity, and overcast, cant dry it outside

anyhow, im looking forward to some monsters, :-) i might post some more later right now im way too fucked up to keep this up in a logical manner

hope i made sense, later abica, and peeps

--------------------
My Current HPOO Project!

Offlineabica
Intrepid Warlock's Apprentice
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The River City
    #8540410 - 06/19/08 11:01 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah...it is a bit of work.  I was talking with my roommate about that last night. 

I'd like to grow out a nice head stash this fall/winter that would last me through the next summer, and just "play" with growing the rest of the time, when I felt the itch.  (I love growing, but it takes up a good deal of time, like any hobby, and I'm really spread too thin right now).

But the amounts of poop to process make that sound like a chore, so I was thinking of getting some stuff from WTS and maybe cutting it with coir 1:1 (after I've done a coir experiment and know how it behaves).  Or, since right now I have no money, maybe just processing my own and not have to do the volume thanks to only using it as a part of the substrate blend.

Idunno, just thinking out loud.  Hell, at the moment, I still don't have a PC, which really reduces my potential.

OfflineWakingUp
Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Re: Holy shit! (New project, BRF cakes spawned to HPOO!!) [Re: abica]
    #8540743 - 06/19/08 01:01 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

no pc, how did you pasturize? it is a chore but I think im getting the process down, if I can get a shit load of horse shit, i think i will just massively process some so I have it, and dehydrate it, leech it, dry it, shred it, pasturize it, dry it, in bulk, maybee would be worth it

--------------------
My Current HPOO Project!

OfflineP.Menace
Contradicting the Status Quo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Let Me See Potato Salad!!...
Trusted Cultivator
    #8540785 - 06/19/08 01:10 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

pasteurizing is done in the oven or just with hot water.

those tubs look good except for 1 think... wheres the room for the fruits to grow? with those lids on youll never have enough room for fruits.
so I hope youll be using an FC.

Second thing.... What strain is that? Mine? if so you need to stop incubating and start the pinning triggers... Light, FAE, Misting...
misting will also knock back that mycelium thats about to overlay your casing layer

--------------------

http://www.sporeworksgallery.com/Cubensae/Psilocybe_cubensis_Menace

roby000 said: thats true a shotgun is almost like a college degree in a sense that if you show it to the right person at the right time you could make a lot of money.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates