Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineWakingUp
Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: New Mexico
My new setup, LOOK!!!
    #8519932 - 06/13/08 02:08 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Greetings all, I've decided to move my setup out of that crappy tent, and do this!

as you see i have put plastic over everything to prevent contamination, and bleached everything, and enclosed it with these blue tarps

i keep getting contams, hope this helps, what do you think ? There is also a mini refrigerator in there to the right of where i was standing taking the pics, in there i keep my syringes and unused petri dishes and what not, i bleached the hell out of it prior to use (also do dunking in there)

if you guys think this is satisfactory i am going to build a wall where the tarp is hanging

--------------------
I've found myself, and found nothing...
My NEW GROW ROOM BITCHES!!!
My Current HPOO Project!

and this is a chipmunk on my hand

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehoodbran
Dosser
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phloston Paradise
Re: My new setup, LOOK!!! [Re: WakingUp]
    #8519961 - 06/13/08 02:16 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Hope it works for you! - i'm new to this great job btw:)

--------------------
Not all drugs are good, Some are great.

Offlinejazzillion
Conscious
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: My new setup, LOOK!!! [Re: hoodbran]
    #8520136 - 06/13/08 02:53 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Wakingup, I was just about to pm you and see how your new projects were going.The setup looks pretty sweet.  Are you using the monotub right now or just the martha?
You have sure bought a lot of shit since starting lol. 

Do you have a good glove box, because that will really help your contam problems.  Since you have the heater in there, you can scrap the tub-in-tub because those are universally deplored.  Do you think that one light in there is enough to reach the monotub and get all through the martha, or are you substituting? Aside from that, looks pretty good to me, but me's a noob.

--------------------
When it rains, it spores :shroompick:

"Consciousness is the Universe recognizing itself." Once we perceive that everything is conscious we can then ask, "How does consciousness take all these varied forms?" - The Primacy of Consciousness by Peter Russell

All works of poster are of absolute fiction to be used for no other purpose but amusement.

OfflineWakingUp
Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Re: My new setup, LOOK!!! [Re: jazzillion]
    #8520249 - 06/13/08 03:29 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

:-) thanks for the response :-)

well im currently using the monotub it has a 20 cake casing in there (i got feisty, figured i would see what 5" of substrate would do) its... okay i guess, just started pinning, i wont ever do it again though, lol, my 2" casing pinned faster and just seemed alot healthier, we will see tho...

As for the light, im going to get more going soon, how it was setup that light was sufficient, theres nothing in the martha yet tho accept for a colonizing(bearly) hpoo/grain bag (5lb) it doesnt need light yet, but it will have 2 shelves filled up soon, im gonna do a couple casings and spawn some cakes to hpoo, just waiting, most cakes are fully colonized, just letting em chill a while to get strong :-)

i might ditch the TiT but it hasnt let me down yet, 82F in there, the rest of the room is 75 by the heater, and 70 by the martha (might need another)

--------------------
My Current HPOO Project!

Invisiblelegallyhomeless
mooch
 User Gallery

Loc: EZRA for the Refuge
    #8520632 - 06/13/08 04:53 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Why were you working out of a tent to begin with?

--------------------
MY TRADE LIST!!!

FULLY AUTOMATIC!! 12-Pot Multi Grow Hydroponic System for Trade.

Download PSX ISOs

OfflineWakingUp
Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Re: My new setup, LOOK!!! [Re: legallyhomeless]
    #8520940 - 06/13/08 05:57 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

To:
  A) Avoid Contamination
  B) Maintain Humidity
  C) Maintain Temperature

the room i was growin in is cold and dry as hell, and its too big to heat the whole thing reasonably, mostly to avoid contams

anyhow, you didnt say what you thought

--------------------
My Current HPOO Project!

Offlinenonlinear
armour plated farmer
Male

#8520968 - 06/13/08 06:03 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

awww..... i'm gonna miss your tent!

--------------------

Invisiblelegallyhomeless
mooch
 User Gallery

Loc: EZRA for the Refuge
Re: My new setup, LOOK!!! [Re: nonlinear]
    #8521020 - 06/13/08 06:16 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I think its a step in the right direction. After having trich problems of my own I covered the bare wood walls in plastic. Havent had a contam since. :thumbup: Lots of fun equipment in there I wouldnt mind playing with

--------------------
MY TRADE LIST!!!

FULLY AUTOMATIC!! 12-Pot Multi Grow Hydroponic System for Trade.

Download PSX ISOs

OfflineWakingUp
Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Re: My new setup, LOOK!!! [Re: nonlinear]
    #8521091 - 06/13/08 06:31 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

nonlinear said:
awww..... i'm gonna miss your tent!

im not! it was too hard to work with! crawling in and out, one night i was drinking a bit, fanned my cakes, when i was coming out i tripped over the bottom lip of the entrance hatch, put my hand out to break my fall and it landed on a plastic bag of computer parts laying there, landed on a sound card, the metal part that goes toward the back of the computer, it was sharp and went right through the plastic bag and into my hand, left i nice 2" long cut i had to get stitches for cause it went in so far, that night sucked

its just too hard to work with, but this new setup is easy, spacious (tho its small) i can get to everything and do what i gotta do without crouching down and sitting and everything is at waist level

--------------------
My Current HPOO Project!

Offlinemephist00
MuSHRooMeR
 User Gallery

#8521222 - 06/13/08 07:12 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

nice looking setup! 5 shrooms for that setup.. man you got alot of shit in the time u have been here :smile: i think u started around the same time i did if i remember correctly

--------------------
"feed your head!!"

OfflineWakingUp
Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Re: My new setup, LOOK!!! [Re: mephist00]
    #8521268 - 06/13/08 07:27 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

thanks for the rate, been here since 4/12 :-) yeah, im totally diggin it, when i dig something i do it to the best of my ability and within my bounds, if i had more cash to throw into it i would, if i had more time i would, but im doing my best

still have probs tho, contamination is soooo depressing when you put this much time into growing

i got alot of empty space right now to grow in, but last week it was filled, contam is a bitch

--------------------
My Current HPOO Project!

Offlinemephist00
MuSHRooMeR
 User Gallery

#8521302 - 06/13/08 07:38 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

yea man contams are a bitch, out of 30 jars i have, ive had 8 contaminated. im waiting till my first 3 strains are done growing to start more and change things..

nice shit tho man, my best wishes for ur grows, keep up the good work

--------------------
"feed your head!!"

OfflinePsuper
Psilocybin

Loc: PNW
Re: My new setup, LOOK!!! [Re: mephist00]
    #8521376 - 06/13/08 07:56 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

You've got my respect, working in a little tent before?!  Awesome. :smile:  What do you got going in that LC? :sun: ~Pixie~

--------------------
Clinical Management of High Dose Psilocybin Sessions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbHOTIqjZLk

OfflineWakingUp
Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Re: My new setup, LOOK!!! [Re: Psuper]
    #8521383 - 06/13/08 08:00 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Psuper said:
You've got my respect, working in a little tent before?!  Awesome. :smile:  What do you got going in that LC? :sun: ~Pixie~

5ml B+ from lil shop of spores

not a whole lot going on in there tho, some mycelium chilling in the bottom, unless its just some debres that was in the LC already, i think its mycelium tho its just not doing a whole lot, i stuck some of the LC on a petri dish to see if anything is happening, but then i thought wait, if some spores are still chillin in there there would be growth on the petri anyhow, i guess im looking at a time span or whatever, if i see something in 24 hours ill assume something is going on in the LC, but then the spores could have just germinated in there, i dont know, its been a week and im like wtf is happening in there

--------------------
My Current HPOO Project!

Offlineoriginal1986
shroomConnoisseur
Male User Gallery

#8521833 - 06/13/08 10:17 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

wakingup ur set up is looking good. sucks to hear about the contam problems maybe its just your house if so the whole tarp room should get-r done. i live in a old house and was a lil scared of mold spores but no contams yet. Shit man youve been on here a month less than me im just curious what substrate do you use? im thinking about moving to rye just not sure.

--------------------
I would like to thank all the people who contribute there knowledge on this site which helps the average person like my self take up this hobbie.I see no harm in growing for personal use ill never grow enough to get a serious charge and i have a pretty good lawyer.

OfflineWakingUp
Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Re: My new setup, LOOK!!! [Re: original1986]
    #8521992 - 06/13/08 11:08 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

ive only used BRF+VERM so far, getting ready to move up to hpoo, then some hpoo/straw, etc

i mean, ive had contam problems, but not everything goes down the toilet, i would say 1/15 of what ive done has gotten contaminated, good odds none the less, but still depressing

--------------------
My Current HPOO Project!

OfflineWakingUp
Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

#8524933 - 06/14/08 09:01 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I finally got something in the martha!! wahoo!! 3 tubs of brf spawned to hpoo, exciting

--------------------
My Current HPOO Project!

OfflineWakingUp
Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

#8529306 - 06/16/08 09:43 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

WakingUp said:
Quote:

Psuper said:

5ml B+ from lil shop of spores

not a whole lot going on in there tho, some mycelium chilling in the bottom, unless its just some debres that was in the LC already, i think its mycelium tho its just not doing a whole lot, i stuck some of the LC on a petri dish to see if anything is happening, but then i thought wait, if some spores are still chillin in there there would be growth on the petri anyhow, i guess im looking at a time span or whatever, if i see something in 24 hours ill assume something is going on in the LC, but then the spores could have just germinated in there, i dont know, its been a week and im like wtf is happening in there

ok just figured i would update on the progress of me dropping some of my lc on the petri

its been 3 days, first couple days the spot where i dropped the LC on the petri went from kinda-off-clear (af that makes sense? to a little more opaque, not really any color just you could tell where the drop was you know? last night the edges were more distinct, today there are a few spots within that area that are white, white little dots, :-P we will see what becomes of it, hoping its psilocybe cubensis mycelium growing in there, otherwise im gonna toss the lc

still dont know if its spores that might have been in there germinating on the petri, or if the spores germinated in the lc, or if its actual mycelium that was transfered, im hoping for the later

--------------------
My Current HPOO Project!

OfflineAsric
Fueled By Satan
 User Gallery

#8529326 - 06/16/08 09:51 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

You dont fuck around do you? talking about building a permanent wall and everything for your work area. I mean damn. You mind if I ask how much mushie madness you rake out of that room in a month?

--------------------
Looking to trade for:
Wedges of: Golden Oyster, Pink Oyster, Shaggy Mane, Stropharia R.
Prints of: Z strain, Treasure Coast, Exotics, Morels
Have to trade:
Wedges: Pearl Oyster, Wellington Oyster, Grey Oyster, Lion's Mane
Prints: B+
Other stuff: Micro centrifuge tubes, Home made artisan bouillon in chicken and shellfish (lobster and shrimp), Homemade pecan smoked salt

OfflineErmizhad
Only believers in death will die
Female User Gallery

Loc: Argentina
    #8529345 - 06/16/08 09:58 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

awesome!!  :awesome:
nice work :thumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures