Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewitchdoctor
Holy Shittles
 User Gallery

single spore germination
    #8516598 - 06/12/08 06:16 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I couldnt find any thing about this searching the threads. If only one spore germinates in my pf jar will it eventually colonize the whole jar and if so would it grow fruit? For some reason Im thinking this has happened to me. Only one side of my jar is growing and it looks like its growing outward from a small single spot.I think that there must be two nuclei that come into contact to grow fruit. Just wondering if this could be a possibility and if so what could be done about it. Anything would be helpful. Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblewisp

Re: single spore germination [Re: witchdoctor]
    #8516614 - 06/12/08 06:20 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

You are correct that two spores of different mating strains need to germinate and then come into contact as hyphae to form fruit, but it is highly unlikely that only a single spore has germinated. It will eventually colonise your entire jar but it will take longer.

Offlinewitchdoctor
Holy Shittles
 User Gallery

Re: single spore germination [Re: wisp]
    #8516620 - 06/12/08 06:23 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for answering my question.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: single spore germination [Re: wisp]
    #8516636 - 06/12/08 06:26 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

If only one spore germinates in my pf jar will it eventually colonize the whole jar and if so would it grow fruit?

The answer to that is no. 

However, it's highly unlikely, even close to impossible.  Your spore syringe had millions of spores, at least many thousands of which were viable.  Next time though, to even things out, shake the heck out of the syringe before use.  If I see a lot of spore clumps, I'll lay the syringe in Mrs Rabbit's ultrasonic jewelry cleaner for a minute or two. They do a great job breaking up the clusters so they'll spread out better.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale