Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
OMFG TORNADOZ!
    #8496609 - 06/07/08 03:49 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Heh.

I'm at work at the airport here manning the cargo gate.  The Sheriff's Dept just came by and said they were closing the ramp to all non-essential traffic.  Looks like I won't be doing anything at all for the next 5 hours.

I hope I don't get sucked up into a funnel cloud though.  This building is pretty flimsy.

Oh, and I have like, 18 windows open at my house.  I'm going to come home to a disaster...

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

Re: OMFG TORNADOZ! [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8496684 - 06/07/08 04:16 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

:haha:

--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #8496698 - 06/07/08 04:23 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Heh.

Wouldn't a tornado like.. blast open or break the windows anyway.. assuming it came close enough?

Best of luck!! :cheers:

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: OMFG TORNADOZ! [Re: Shroomism]
    #8496701 - 06/07/08 04:24 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, this building has glass on every side so you can see in all directions.

If a tornado comes, I will almost certainly die.

Oh well, I'm turning on the horse race.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #8496726 - 06/07/08 04:34 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Duck and cover!!

Just think.. if you die.. you won't make it to NE.. and we can't have that now can we.

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#8496736 - 06/07/08 04:39 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

But! If I die I won't have to clean up the mess that is surely awaiting me at my house.  Big puddles in the middle of my floor and a sopping wet couch and mattress?

Who wants to deal with that?

Tornado, TAKE ME NOW!

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #8496752 - 06/07/08 04:45 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Psh.. all you need is a hammock and a laptop, and you're G2G

--------------------

InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #8496757 - 06/07/08 04:47 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

and don't forget the shiny red shoes.

--------------------

Discuss Politics

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: OMFG TORNADOZ! [Re: Ferris]
    #8496762 - 06/07/08 04:48 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Don't even joke.

Flying monkeez scare the bejeebus out of me.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #8496785 - 06/07/08 04:56 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Especially if they have wheels for feet

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#8496789 - 06/07/08 04:58 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Somehow that makes them less frightening to me.

I always feel like a flying monkey could pick you up by your shoulders with it's monkey feet and carry you off to the Wicked Witches Lair.

With wheels?  Not so much.

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#8496811 - 06/07/08 05:04 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Heh, the wind speed thingy is going from 20 mph to 60 mph and then back again every couple of seconds and there are big chunks of hail coming down.

I am actually getting a bit nervous.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #8496835 - 06/07/08 05:10 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I don't know man.. those monkeys in wizard of oz 2 freaked me the fuck out..

They had wheels AND they could fly by and grab you

I dunno.. maybe they just held the wheels

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#8496838 - 06/07/08 05:12 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Wizard of Oz *2*?

What the fuck is that?

A sequel?

I had no idea...

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #8496842 - 06/07/08 05:15 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah.. Return to Oz.. it pretty much sucked from what I remember.. except for the flying monkeys.

I guess I got it confused.. there were Wheelers... and Flying Monkeys... two different things but equally as freaky.
Both minions of the wicked witch..

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WM0RFE3QGAU

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #8496865 - 06/07/08 05:24 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Tell that tornado to kindly fuck off :crankey:

--------------------

InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #8496884 - 06/07/08 05:30 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I'm only really familiar with that stuff from reading Tad Williams' Otherland series, which took place in a gigantic internet VR-type simulation made by some group of billionares, which contained a lot of realities spoofing stuff from the wizard of oz books.  Very trippy read, reccomended if you like either scifi or computers, and have the time to read like 2000 pages.  It definitely took some versatile writing to be able to change scenes as often as he did.

--------------------

Discuss Politics

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: OMFG TORNADOZ! [Re: Ferris]
    #8496899 - 06/07/08 05:36 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

there is a tornado with a base half a mile wide tearing through south of chicago right now, my family back there is freekin out, but i think that theyre safe for now..

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: OMFG TORNADOZ! [Re: ZippoZ]
    #8496904 - 06/07/08 05:37 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, they had 5 or 10 on the ground just in Milwaukee County here.

This is a hell of a storm.

And like I said, all my windows are open at home and I'm stuck here for another 4 hours.

FUCK

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: OMFG TORNADOZ! [Re: ZippoZ]
    #8496920 - 06/07/08 05:42 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Holy shit.. half a mile wide.. I didn't even know tornados could get that big..

Hope you guys are safe

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate