Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineUbi
Stranger
 User Gallery

First Time Trip - Cubensis
    #8491551 - 06/06/08 03:06 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Hello all my name is Ubi, I've frequented this forum over the last few years and in the wake of my first trip decided to register. I am a second year in University and transferring to a new Uni this coming fall. For whatever reason after I first smoked pot, Ive wanted to try a certain few other drugs/psychedelics (whatever you may call them.)

Mid last year I got the chance to try out pure molly from someone I knew wasnt trying to rip me off just to make a deal. In fact they were hand packed (into jell caps :P ) in front of me and gifted to my friend from whom they were my birthday present. The cleanest stuff I will get in my entire life was what I was told. Over the course of the next 12 hours I ingested 5 well packed jell pills. The experience was interesting to say the least but, for me was not worth the next week after.

About a month and a half ago I was telling my friend, whom I was apartment hunting with, this story and confessed my desire to try mushrooms (as the final on my list of odd childhood wishes). As a matter of fact it turned out that he had an 8th that he was willing to gift me and out of spontaneous desire I accepted. With a mix of nervousness and eagerness pervading my psyche we drove back to his place, I also think it important to say that this was the night before I was to drive back to my folks home for the summer.

When we arrived back at his place, a house with whom he shares with 4 other people (only two others besides my friend were present during my trip) he handed me the bag. I ate one mushroom plain to see the taste, while I could easily deal with the taste of the first subsequent dried mushrooms proved harder to eat. I got some bread and made myself a PB&H with a chewy mushroom center.

As I ate my sandwich over the course of the next half hour I spoke to my friends about their previous experiences. The common element I understood from them was confusion and while I wholly understood this during my trip I wonder if my expectations led me to this.

The come up was very nice, I loved it, there was an overall feeling of goodness and slight visual distortions I remember telling my friend "I really like this drug." One friend playing Rock Band between songs looked at me and said "Check out the ceiling dude!"

I looked up and, "whoa, thats cool" I muttered. It was moving, well not the ceiling exactly, but something I later came to call a gloss was moving back and forth like a kind of wave. It was distinctly different from the ceiling as I could focus on it or the gloss individually, as I went further into the trip that became harder.

To my friends I could only describe what I saw as what I previously mentioned and "fractals man... I can see fractals." I seem to remember pinks and yellows, nice good happy colors, but not in huge chunks more like individual pixels on your computer screen. These fractals kept changing and moving and I felt I finally understood psychedelic art. These visuals only got more pronounced as the night went on. It was extremely cool to say the least

Im going to place this at about T+ 1:30 to maybe +2:00, but then again Im not really sure (recently I've decided that time measurements are only necessary when I have engagements as I believe that keeping track of the time of day hinders my practice of trying to "be in the moment," which is actually harder than one might expect).

I also forgot to mention I was the only one tripping during the course of the night. I also probably smoked a good deal of pot on the come up, I just don't exactly remember.

At this point my friend offered to take me out on a bike ride, it was late evening and the sun was starting to set. We set out and rode around for a good while I was having a great time at this point I was pretty well off, I was still able to hold conversation and easily ride the bike. When I looked up I could see large white clouds but couldn't get them into focus for some reason, I assumed it was because my eyes were so dilated. As it got dark he mentioned a place where he first dropped acid just a few minutes away.

This is where I first started to get hit hard. I had a moment on the bike where "Oh shit! I think I shit myself," turned out just to be extra sensation caused my my boxers. We got to his tripping place which was a bridge over a small creek with rapids underneath and at this point it was completely dark as the streetlights were covered by trees and some 50 yards away. All I could see was the dark blue sky between trees as I laid on the ground and this "gloss" which was now pervading my whole vision.

We sat there for a while and spoke a bit but it was mostly silent. At this point my thoughts started drifting to "oh shit is he still having fun? is this boring for him? im tripping balls but hes stone sober" (he was actually probably fairly stoned as opposed to what I was thinking). These thoughts started to get into a loop and soon it was all I could think about. Although, I was always aware that I was on a drug and probably was only worrying about this because I was tripping, I kept telling myself this, but the thoughts were still in the back of my mind.

Once it was dark my visuals changed as well, there was no light colors anymore and just dark moving things, nothing sinister but, odd. At some point hoping to change atmosphere, to get rid of the thoughts and odd visuals, I asked if we could head back. The trip back was pretty uneventful as all I was concerned about was getting to his house, I did have a real hard time getting my coat back on as distinguishing it at night from my visuals was pretty tough.

When we got back everyone that was there earlier had left and one of his roommates was watching reality TV. This girl is kinda odd to begin with and I was tripping pretty hard so she kinda freaked me out. After about 10ish minutes I mentioned I was on shrooms, to get it out of the way in case I was acting weird, and we had an awkward conversation about them briefly.

The light above the TV was the only one on in the room and was a "evil" red and yellow was how I would have put it. My deepest desire now was glorious great sunlight, which I couldn't have. I quickly mumbled that I was going to go "trip out for a bit by myself" in his room, the purpose of this was to get away from the light so I hopefully could chill out. This proved impossible and I returned fairly quickly to the other room.

At this point I was apologizing to my friend for him not having a good time and basically head tripping. At some point I started worrying about how much I was mooching off of him, this was soon the new loop and stayed with me for the remainder of the night. I never mentioned anything to him, I just kept the attitude that "I'm on shrooms, there making me over think things."

Some point the odd girl left me and my friend, who had busted out his laptop, alone in the common room of the hose. By now my visuals had changed from odd to just plain scary. I wasn't actually seeing skulls, snakes and grinning faces, but the layer that used to be fractals was now easily distinguished as these freaky things. At one point I tried to distract myself with video games, but was again freaking that my friend wasn't having a good time.

Ive always been fairly composed on drugs and he probably had no idea that I was tripping out. I offered that it might be time to go to bed and he left. Now I'm probably about 2/3rds the way through my trip still seeing the faces and skulls, but while freaking out still rationalizing them. I wasn't scared of the faces they were more visualizations of "bad thoughts" about my mooching that kept rolling around in my head.

I tried to sleep, but quickly decided that I couldn't and put some pants back on and sat alone in the dark. Soon I could tell I wasn't tripping as hard, the visuals had slowed down back to fractals and I decided to, instead of freaking out about mooching mention it to my friend later. After a bit I went to brush my teeth and noticed that my friend was still up, I knocked on his door and apologized for eating his food and whatnot. He was gracious and said "dude, it was my pleasure" this raised my mood considerably and I left him be for the night.

Since I couldn't sleep I decided that because I was leaving the next morning I would start to clean up the mess I had made. I was sleeping in the TV room and it was fairly trashed. Cleaning up in the middle of the night was awesome, I felt productive and that it was something they would appreciate in the morning. I had this awesome glow about me and I was the happiest person. At some point another friend came out of his room and gave me something to eat, we had a bit of a conversation before he went back to bed and I got back to cleaning.

I was awake when the sun came up and the light was beautiful. I went to bed about 5 in the morning and woke up 6 hours later. At some point in the late night - early morning I came to the realization that I wanted to be a writer/english teacher and play the guitar (which I have started to pick up).

I also learned how to be myself and not reserved for fear of what others may think, which made me a happier person. On that last point I feel Ive actually regressed a bit living at home with my parents I cant actually be who I am freely, as I feel I get a lot of judgment from my father, he loves me and I'm not out of the ordinary weird but I still feel pressed into a mold. Only 3 months and at least I can smoke pot with him :wink: .

-----

Looking back it is interesting to see how a "bad trip" as my friends later called it (they didn't get the complete story as I was still slightly awestruck) was extremely introspective and I learned a great deal about myself.

The spontaneous use that night of taught me, that for me, mushrooms aren't to be use as recklessly or often as I used to smoke pot. Although I am looking forward to other ventures with this fungus, I might even try my hand at growing my own.

If you read that I thank you. It's long and late at night so I'm not going to read it again so it's not the greatest piece of litterateur, but I do feel good for writing it down. There are still pieces missing that I don't know how to quite fit in, I may later try and editing it.

Gassho,
Ubi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTTT
Cultivate the inside
 User Gallery

Re: First Time Trip - Cubensis [Re: Ubi]
    #8492523 - 06/06/08 12:12 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds like an interesting trip.

Thanks for taking the time to right your report, I enjoyed reading it. :smile:

OfflineUbi
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: First Time Trip - Cubensis [Re: TTT]
    #8492535 - 06/06/08 12:18 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

It was very interesting, and thank you for reading it.

OfflineBernackums
The universe will have its way.
Male User Gallery

Re: First Time Trip - Cubensis [Re: Ubi]
    #8505343 - 06/09/08 09:43 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I can connect with alot of your trip and agree with the way you've described things. The way that ceilings tend to move when shrooming seems like I've focused my sight in such a way that I'm paying attention to the fluid over my pupil. I've been able to get this often when not tripping (what some people consider getting post visuals) but not nearly as intense, I'm guessing due to the size of my pupils and the curvature of the eye makes them much more noticable. That and I'm tripping. I also understand what you mean by seeing images on that level of sight, I had a similar thing once but instead of snakes and skulls it was the designs you see on american money. Interesting.

Anyways, I'm glad you had a good end to your trip, I reccommend trying it again in different scenarios. Remember, a trip is all up the set and setting; the place your in physicall and emotionally, and the mind set you have about the drugs and are going in with. Trip with a friend on a sunny day, and you may feel that happy glowing feeling the entire time!
:mushroom2:

--------------------
Let's get the fuck out of here.

Offlineshponglified
Fuckthegov.
Male User Gallery

Re: First Time Trip - Cubensis [Re: Bernackums]
    #8542635 - 06/19/08 10:24 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I know what you mean by worrying about the people with you if theyre having a good time or not. I get really introspective on shrooms and sometimes I feel like I weird people out to much when Im tripping and it kinda bothers me because then I worry that they think Im crazy. But then my mind tells me that is all good because this is what is excpected on an entheogen and it doesnt matter what others think because if your having a good time, why should you stop having a good time if you think others are judging you.

--------------------
"Down in Denver, all I did was die"-Jack Kerouac

Go to Pinchbeck's new site, http://www.realitysandwich.com --- News for the heads

OfflineUbi
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: First Time Trip - Cubensis [Re: shponglified]
    #8548227 - 06/21/08 05:59 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for reading. Yea I'm always introspective when I smoke pot so it's easy for me to see how this went over into my shroom trip. For some reason I grew up with the habit of really caring what people think, it's something that I'm only now getting over.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder